Bankruptcy settlement update?

the_dylaness

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

this is just a first phase payment that gave people a set chunk back while the process slowly winds through its natural course for the next year or two.

From the accompanying letter:

moeckler.jpg

Which pretty much sums up the situation.  Can't get much clearer than this, IMO.

Also, IMO, they have done a pretty good job in keeping things organized and on track.  Personally, I would rather have things done slowly but effectively than rushed and haphazard.  Others may have a different opinion.

Edited by FlyerTalker
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

moeckler.jpg

Which pretty much sums up the situation.  Can't get much clearer than this, IMO.

Also, IMO, they have done a pretty good job in keeping things organized and on track.  Personally, I would rather have things done slowly but effectively than rushed and haphazard.  Others may have a different opinion.

I agree 100 percent on both points.  In reality MM&A has little control of the timeline and has to trudge through open-ended processes like disputes and court approvals.  They’ve done a good job of organizing things and trying to reign in potential fraud in things like chargebacks and claims, within reason.  I’ve been impressed — it’s a tough job.

Vince

Someone who lives outside the USA posted this on another site:

I received an email from them together with a form and a letter explaining how they will pay:
Option 1: If you reside in Canada, the United States, or Mexico, a check will be issued as your payment method once we have your complete mailing address. Please assist us by responding to this email with your claim number and the correct mailing address.
Option 2: If you currently reside outside of the United States, Canada, or Mexico, distributions will be made via wire transfer. To proceed, we require your wire transfer information. You can find the necessary form attached to this email. Kindly complete the form with all the requested details and return it to us via email.

10 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

moeckler.jpg

I agree.  

I think the key is getting it right and if that means taking longer that is fine but not going at too slow a pace to be wasting money.

I believe they found a good balance. I also appreciated their website.

Keith

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I received an email from them together with a form and a letter explaining how they will pay:
Option 1: If you reside in Canada, the United States, or Mexico, a check will be issued as your payment method once we have your complete mailing address. Please assist us by responding to this email with your claim number and the correct mailing address.
Option 2: If you currently reside outside of the United States, Canada, or Mexico, distributions will be made via wire transfer. To proceed, we require your wire transfer information. You can find the necessary form attached to this email. Kindly complete the form with all the requested details and return it to us via email.

Yes. We have received this email today. 👍

Ivi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Are there any instructions for submitting the bank information in an encrypted or secure manner?  I hope they're not asking people to just email a regular doc as an attachment?

Vince

Is not encrypted. But I do not think that the information required would be a security problem. Let’s hope is not.

Ivi

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Is not encrypted. But I do not think that the information required would be a security problem. Let’s hope is not.

Ivi

I agree. It would not thrill me to send it this way but then again all of this is on a check at least in the USA. This is why I go out of my way never to write checks anymore.  

Keith 

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I agree. It would not thrill me to send it this way but then again all of this is on a check at least in the USA. This is why I go out of my way never to write checks anymore. 

My account has a requirement for a two-form authentication to wire any money out.

As for if someone wants to wire money in......sure, feel free to do so at any time!  😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Received check earlier this week. Impressed with Moecker and Associates’ accountants. I had originally received credit back for 2 small deposits on credit card, then later was rebilled for one of the amounts. Check was for that amount plus the onboard charge when I booked during my last cruise with OC, so 100% refunded in one form or another.

• Like 2

This is very interesting. I received the email this week (I’m outside the US) and assumed it was a scam, as the address looked dodgy (infocc@moecker-crystal.com, rather than moecker.com) and I didn’t think a reputable company would expect me to provide bank details in such a manner. Everyone here seems to think it’s legit, am I right? 

2 hours ago, mcshane said:

This is very interesting. I received the email this week (I’m outside the US) and assumed it was a scam, as the address looked dodgy (infocc@moecker-crystal.com, rather than moecker.com) and I didn’t think a reputable company would expect me to provide bank details in such a manner. Everyone here seems to think it’s legit, am I right? 

Hi, this is the email address that sent me the email to inform me that we will receive our check.  We received the check in the mail November 9.

5 hours ago, mcshane said:

The email address seems to be legit. I had received an email from them before.

Ivi

3 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Still waiting for ck in NYC. No mail today. Vet holiday. Maybe Monday. 

3 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Still waiting for ck in NYC. No mail today. Vet holiday. Maybe Monday. 

Received our check in NYC on Tuesday.

daniel

Unfortunately, Moecker still has the same two errors re my  claims that I reported to them several times months ago (Alaska cruise refund applied by them to a Miami cruise etc). Any contact suggestions of an actual person who can focus on this? 

On 11/8/2023 at 10:31 AM, Keith1010 said:

yes , I got the same  and sent yesterday after my Regent cruise 

curious when the money is due to be received 

Our dinner this evening at Trulucks Miami, courtesy of Moecker and Associates. We would have had the same meal anyway, but it tasted so much better knowing it was paid for with money we never thought we would ever see again!!!!!

We board Oceania Vista tomorrow for 12 nights in the Caribbean.

Image.jpeg

Image-1.jpeg

• Like 7