7-6-2023 WEIGH IN

Izena

Good morning everyone.  Glad to say stayed the same.  Got in 2 miles this morning.   Belle I hope you got home safely.  I’m with you on wanting to do something  that I’ve aged out of.   No cruises until Thanksgiving. Will be my first princess cruise but same ports inWestern Caribbean.  Only down side is dealing with DIL from hell.  

Jan you should be getting ready for your cruise. 

Izena - I am all packed.  We leave next Wednesday (fly out of Portland Thursday) get on the ship oon Friday.  I am so ready!!!

I'm glad to say that I am down 1.4# this week.  I would love to lose another # before our cruise.  Then I will only have 10-40# to go.  

Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

• Like 1

Got home safe after long delays on our flights. Never thought we' were going

to leave Canada. Left Athens a little late but not like Canada. Flying isn't as much

fun as it use to be.

Like the cruise with my daughter and so happy she got to see the different countries.

Glad she's independent. because she did things on her own since I had been to the

ports and didn't want the long tours or walks. We did some things together and then

did our own things. Works really well that way. Had hot weather most of the time.

Best part of the cruise besides sailing with by daughter was being in Santorina sitting

at a cafe with the beautiful view of the water, white houses, blue roofs and loved the

sail in into Kotor from the ocean to river, two hours of wonderful sights. 2nd time doing it.

The Enchantment is like the Royal both are nice but everything is so open. I like the

older Princess ships because they still have somewhat closed rooms and the Skywalkers and 

you still can walk around the ship outside. Cruise lines are making their cruise ships so big

that they can't dock, you have to tender in or the ports so far away from the city.

Izena thanks for starting this morning and the other times I was gone. Wish more people were 

coming in. We've lost some. Hope they come back soon. Glad you stayed the same. Does that mean your feeling better?  Hope so.   Sorry you have to wait till Nov. to cruise again especially when

it sounds like cruising with someone you don't want to. Maybe a cruise might pop up you can do before then,

Jan congrats on the loss. Hope you lose this week before you cruise like you want. Where are

you sailing too? Just your husband and you? A week or more? Isn't it nice to look forward to a cruise and then it's time to take it! It's almost here. Have a great time.

Alright hope to see more people posting whether your new, been here before or whatever.

Nice to keep track of our weight during the summer so we won't have gains or small gains

because we were aware.

Susan your still here? Your doing good. Cruise in Aug?

Jo where are you? Hope your feeling well, husband too. That's not why your staying away.

Oh forgot to say----I stayed the same on my 21-day cruise and haven't gained since I've

been home. (Which I can do) Wish I could lose weight as good as I can stay the same

all the time. I'll take it but need to lose. That's why I come here. Never give up.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

I'm happy to say that I'm down 2.6 lbs from last week, which is a relief because I had a 2 lb gain last week! I volunteered in the kitchen for our children's church camp that week and, well, you can guess the rest of the story! I am in WW (are we allowed to say that?) and reached my 1st goal a couple of weeks ago, so I have set a new goal of losing 10 more pounds before our October cruise. 

Belle, that's amazing that you stayed the same on a 21-day cruise!!! 👏

And good for you too, Jan! That's a nice loss.

Izena, I'll take staying the same rather than gaining, anyday!

Nice work, ladies! Here's to another week filled with hope and good intentions 😁

Hi Guys!

Good to hear from you Belle.  I just weighed this morning.  Stayed the same this week.  Will have to try harder.  I did some baking for different people last week and that never ends well😁.  Need to stay out of the kitchen.  It's too hot anyway!  Good luck everyone.  Jan enjoy your trip!...Susan

• Like 1

Just that's a good loss. You can say WW. Everyone here does their own

way of losing. Hope your next 10 come off fast for you but we know it does

take time. Darn it!  Nice you help at the camp.

Lot of times I don't lose on cruises and then gain at home after I'm back.

Does that make sense?🙃

Susan staying the same is better then gaining. Baking for others is nice but 

bet this week out of kitchen you'll have a loss. Why are the best tasting thing---

Tthe sweets"?

Hope everyone is having/had a nice day and you all have a good weekend.

Hope all of you come in and talk, help us to think weight loss and not to eat too much.

• Like 1

How's everyone doing today? Eating right? Exercise?

So far I'm eating right but no exercise.

Have a good day this July 8th. How can be that half of 2023 is gone.

Time sure does go by faster as you get older!😆

Belle this year is just flying by!!!  I've been eating ok - Did have a few drinks last night (Friday's is date night).  Exercised yesterday ... not today, but I need to go out and spend sometime in the flower garden, so will count that as exercise.  Jan

Afternoon to who ever is reding this tody. Hope your Sunday is going well.

Jan glad you enjoyed your Friday date night.  Did you do your flower garden>

Yes, that's exercise.

I didn't do to much yesterday, some washing. Can that be exercise?  Tough

washing clothes!😁

We deadheaded a rosebush today (it runs along our front fence and it blooms 3 times in the summer - they are a beautiful pink and I get wonderful compliments on them).  They are a hybrid and people have taken clippings of them, but they can't be reproduced.  I also did some weeding - somehow there is a new invasive "flower" that is taking over everywhere ... I can't seem to get rid of it.

I think I got my exercise in today!!!  Jan

Hi everyone I am new to this thread. I have a cruise in less than 2 months but no specific goal before that one except I would like to fit into my favorite semi formal dress by then. March 2025 I have a family cruise and want to be my goal weight by then. 

Afternoon All

Welcome SoloAlaska  Yes you can lose weight in two months and be happy with

how ever much it is and hope enough for your dress. Just remember whatever you

lose makes you less than you are right now. So a Win.

If been reading know we weigh-in each Thursday but can come in anytime to talk.

Yesterday down in weight but not feeling good. Figure not drinking enough, so drank and ate

a little more and yes, gained what I had lost. Feel better today but not 100%. I use to drink

lots of water but got out of the habit. Need to start again.

Sad news one of my lifelong friends, her husband my friend too has stage 4 cancer.

Not looking good. Didn't help my mood, why do things keep happening as we get older

to us and others we love. Know it's life but-----🙁

So onward we march to lose weight for health and to cruise.

2 minutes ago, Belle said:

It's Tuesday. Are you doing good in your eating? Ready to weigh on Thursday?

Have any tips for us in here that helps you stay on track and eat less?

I have done well with my eating, we leave in the morning, so have been hoping that I could post tomorrow with a loss, but unfortunately, I haven't lost anything since last Thursday.  I will see where I am tomorrow.  Not going to worry too much while on the cruise, I'll just try to get some walking in!!  Jan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belle said:

It's Tuesday. Are you doing good in your eating? Ready to weigh on Thursday?

Have any tips for us in here that helps you stay on track and eat less?

I’ve been struggling with drinking enough water this week. Now I’ve started filling my 64oz bottle to drink through the day which hopefully will help. 

Can't wait for the weigh in, it's been a great first week.

Solo you can do it lots of support here.

Belle sorry you’re not feeling well.  Sorry about your friend.  It is the saddest part of aging- we start losing friends and family.  

I hope Jo is  doing okay with all the rain.  It has been a weird summer for weather. 

Hello, I've done well with eating - we will see if the scales reflects it on Thursday! 

I did have a rather encouraging "non-scale victory" on Sunday. I wanted to wear my white pants to church (I haven't worn them yet this summer), so I ironed them and put them on. They were too baggy to wear...last summer they were too tight to wear! 😊

Terri

• Like 3

Jan--Bon Voyage! Know you'll have a good time. Least no gain before you go is

good thing.  Enjoy the food and walking will help.

Solo--Glad you've had a good week and looking forward to Thursday. As I said

drinking water has been my problem too. Sounds like you got yours solved.

Izena--How are you feeling now. You were having problems. Yes hope Jo is doing alright.

You've been having rain, we're going to have a heat wave in a few days. Yes, getting

older might come with good things but seems like really bad things too.

Terri--Great non-scale victory! Clothes to big when they were tight Glad you had a good week 

of eating.

PS . yea another person who irons, thought I was the only one.

Everyone have a good Wed.

• Like 1

My brother and I met up for a cruise January 2023. We are set to sail again in February 2024. We have both been beset by bad genes, bad eating habits, and work before exercise mentalities. But with a horrendous family history of diabetes and other co-morbidities, as well as large families with kids to support and have a future with, we decided to start our journey to healthier living and we are using our cruises to motivate the change.

We support each other through the good weeks with loss and the ones that progress is less noticeable. We realize that consistency and persistence (can we just call it persistency?) make so much of the difference. I walk over 4 miles a day now, when I could barely walk 1 mile before. My relationship with food continues to improve - what I eat, when I eat it, and why I eat it. 

I have lost nearly 30 pounds since the start of my efforts and my brother has lost nearly 65 pounds. We are 32 weeks away from our cruise and intend to work for a 1 lb average weightloss over that time, which will put both of us at our recommended weights for our respective heights. 

It is so refreshing to see a corner of these boards where people are lifting each other up instead of fighting about what people wear in the main dining room. Best to all of you!

• Like 2

Belle I’m still struggling with getting back on track.  We are in another heat wave with feel like temps at 110 .  It’s the humidity that makes it so oppressive.   I can walk as long.  I’m  bored etc.

I finally see the spine Dr tomorrow.  I want him to explain my MRI  results and specific limitations on  activity sad that my symptoms had to resolve with limited medications.

next cruise is Thanksgiving with my ex and our sons and his wife and her daughters.   

I just got an amazing new iron and can’t wait to use it. I don’t iron my clothing often but I’m a quilter and sewist so I iron quite a bit for that. My grandmother irons everything however which I find adorable. She’s the only person I know who irons even her underwear.