Purchasing multiple drinks at the bar

barriechris

Might sound like a strange question but I know on cheers there is a cool down period between drinks but if you aren't on the cheers package can I buy two drinks at the same time (myself and wife) or do both individuals need to be present?

I was always able to present both cards and get two drinks for us. She was always in the bar so I could point her out. I don't think there is a restriction on paying for drinks regarding how many you can get.

• Like 1

I didn't order alcohol but I took both of our cards to several bars for bottled water and to the Java Blue for coffee.  Each time i would sign both slips.  We had cheers.  Since they allow you to order buckets of beer I believe you can order 2 drinks at one time if you don't have cheers.

For the most part, I haven't had any problems as long as there are two cards.  Sometimes I've had to wave at the bartender from afar or something while my partner was at the bar with both cards, but mostly they seem pretty lax.  But you'll definitely at least need a card for the not-present person.

No if you don't have the cheers package you do not need both cards. We do it all the time, which ever one of us feels like going to the bar, as long as it going on the same account it is fine.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, dheat789 said:

No if you don't have the cheers package you do not need both cards. We do it all the time, which ever one of us feels like going to the bar, as long as it going on the same account it is fine.

That's been my experience when purchasing multiple drinks w/o a package. You just give A card and buy whatever - no waving from anyone needed. Just a tray or good balancing abilities to carry if more than a couple.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

That's been my experience when purchasing multiple drinks w/o a package. You just give A card and buy whatever - no waving from anyone needed. Just a tray or good balancing abilities to carry if more than a couple.

Fully agree. If not on the drink package you can buy everyone at the bar a drink if you so choose. 😁🍺

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Fully agree. If not on the drink package you can buy everyone at the bar a drink if you so choose. 😁🍺

I've done that once. Made me feel special. Of course I was the only one in the bar at the time.

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Not on a drink package, paying for each... would the drinks all count towards my 15 for the day?  ...like buying drinks for another 3 people....  Would I be on drink number 5 on my drink count next time I get a drink?  

Edited by jkloni

wait....there is a limit to the number of drinks per day???  Sorry, I'm a carnival newbie.  I'm researching possibly trying Carnival for the first time.  15 drinks seams kind of low.  Is it from midnight to midnight, or a rolling 24 hours?

12 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

wait....there is a limit to the number of drinks per day???  Sorry, I'm a carnival newbie.  I'm researching possibly trying Carnival for the first time.  15 drinks seams kind of low.  Is it from midnight to midnight, or a rolling 24 hours?

Yes....15 alcoholic drinks is the cut off for everyone.....Cheers or by the drink.

13 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

15 alcoholic drinks per person per day
  • Thanks 1

Just now, canes20 said:

Thanks.  I've also read that you can only order one drink at a time.  Does that mean I can't get a double scotch?  And if I do, will that count as 2 of my 15 drinks?  This is funny.  I never would have thought I'd have to re-think a vacation because I can "only" have 15 drinks a day.  But 15 is pretty limiting 

8 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Thanks.  I've also read that you can only order one drink at a time.  Does that mean I can't get a double scotch?  And if I do, will that count as 2 of my 15 drinks?  This is funny.  I never would have thought I'd have to re-think a vacation because I can "only" have 15 drinks a day.  But 15 is pretty limiting 

A double scotch will count as 2. 

So a person w/o a drink package enjoying cocktails w/friends during lunch decides to pick up the tab for the group. Each of the 5 has 3 beers - nice person is now done for the day being cut off from drinks until 6am the next day?!

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

So a person w/o a drink package enjoying cocktails w/friends during lunch decides to pick up the tab for the group. Each of the 5 has 3 beers - nice person is now done for the day being cut off from drinks until 6am the next day?!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I’ve never been able to order a double or a tall drink (vodka and cranberry in a highball glass) with CHEERS. I once had a server that would just come by with a shot to add to my drink after she delivered the original order. She would always ask me if I had eaten already before she started. Lol. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

well, it looks like you can actually buy a round:

image.thumb.png.0bd0a4ff74afaca3c25baf1c776abf42.png

Edited by dbrown84
  • Thanks 1