What night should I book Chef's Table on?

Eli_6

DH and I are taking a 7 day on the Vista (in the Havana area) in September before we lose her to Florida.  I want to book the Chef's Table.  The port days are on days 4, 5, and 6. Day 4 is Roatan, Day 5 is Belize and Day 6 is Cozumel.  Day 5 is definitely out because we are doing a really long excursion to some Mayan pyramids.

If you consider embarkation day as Day 1, Sea Days are says 2,3 and 7.   Days 2 and 3 (my preference) are already booked.  DH wanted to book it on the last night and final sea day, but then we both looked at the menu in the MDR and it looked really good.  Plus, I usually feel bloated and am not much in the mood to eat a big meal by the end of the cruise. I was thinking maybe day 1... or Roatan or Cozumel.  We are doing the catamaran champagne cruise in Cozumel and a private tour snorkeling in Roatan. 

8 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Are you sure you are able to choose which day to do Chef's Table?  When we did it, they told us which day it would be on.  And I know they didn't have it every night.

Yes. On the website, you have to book the night. 

5 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Yes. On the website, you have to book the night. 

I wouldn't do it on any day where you plan to do a fair amount of drinking during the day, so that would eliminate the champagne cruise for me.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 8:09 PM, staceyglow said:

Are you sure you are able to choose which day to do Chef's Table?  When we did it, they told us which day it would be on.  And I know they didn't have it every night.

16 hours ago, Susan in Maine said:

When we booked it, they told us what night it would be.

It is possible to pick a night. Magic they told me the night. Venezia I got to pick a night.

Edited by Saint Greg

Different ships have different reservation processes.  We have been on sailings where we were assigned a date and on sailings where we were able to choose the date.  It just depends on the ship.  The smaller ships are more likely to have assigned dates whereas the larger ships you are able to choose a night.  FWIW, on the Spirit we were assigned a night but could not attend due to a long excursion so we called and were able to move the date.  

• Like 1