Captain's Circle membership

peajay

We have our first Princess cruise coming up in September and wondering how the Captain's Circle entitlement works. We have P&O membership and cruised 52 nights on P&O ships. Is membership in the Princess system automatic, and what level would they give us ?

From the Princess website...

Members are eligible for a higher tier level on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days. Land portion of cruisetour does not apply. Only cruises taken on Princess® and P&O Australia count toward the Princess Captain’s Circle Program. P&O UK cruises are no longer eligible.

13 minutes ago, peajay said:

Hmm that is odd because my brother has just boarded his first cruise today on Sky Princess. He has done several P&O UK cruises and has been given Platinum.

Have you asked your brother how he was granted this?  Surely he must have made someone aware at PCL about his cruise history and someone must have decided to grant the membership level.  I doubt there is an official policy.

18 minutes ago, peajay said:

Hmm that is odd because my brother has just boarded his first cruise today on Sky Princess. He has done several P&O UK cruises and has been given Platinum.

The agreement between the two lines ended in December 2017. Maybe it was a first time prospective customer promo.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2565530-pampo-cruises-no-longer-credited-to-princess-captains-circle-recognition-really/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bhawks9 said:

Do you know if you do a 14 day cruise which is a five and nine day cruise combined, does that count as 1 or 2 cruise for the captains circle?

How was the 14 days sold?  A single cruise or two cruises back to back?

It was sold as a 14 day, but it has the whole disembark after the five days and embark again for 9 day.   It was on the site as 14 day but obviously could be booked as two separate as well. 

Edited by bhawks9

If you log in to your Princess account, click My Account, then Cruises Sailed, you will see your current credits and future credits. 

Note that I pay a single supplement, so I get double credits. 14 days=4 credits, 12 and 13 days only 2 credits. If you have the opportunity to grab short cheap last minute bookings, you can get those status increases quickly.

image.png.a5285e3dbe1f41fcd6c5245ab29cc7a2.png

On 7/8/2023 at 10:46 AM, bhawks9 said:

Do you know if you do a 14 day cruise which is a five and nine day cruise combined, does that count as 1 or 2 cruise for the captains circle?

Two cruises. Each voyage number (not booking number) counts as one cruise. How it is sold it not relevant. 

Edited by skynight

9 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

If you log in to your Princess account, click My Account, then Cruises Sailed, you will see your current credits and future credits. 

Note that I pay a single supplement, so I get double credits. 14 days=4 credits, 12 and 13 days only 2 credits. If you have the opportunity to grab short cheap last minute bookings, you can get those status increases quickly

The length of the cruise doesn't affect the number of cruise credits earned.  It's the number of segments that make the entirety of your cruise that counts.  For example, your 14 day Med cruise was 2 segments sold back to back as one cruise, so you got a total of 4 credits (1 for each segment x 2 segments x 2 for being single = 4 cruise credits.)  You could be on a 32 day cruise, but if it's only one cruise segment, you would only earn 1 cruise credit (or in your case 2 credits because you sail single).

Edited by SCX22