Cabins not ready until 4:30- is this a thing now?!

JinxyB

16 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You may be right, but CC is the number one cruise forum and viewed by hundreds of thousands of avid cruisers.  If NCL is smart (I'm not saying that they are) they would be keenly interested in what is being posted on CC.

To this day I believe that the CC posts are the main driver in NCL doing a rapid reverse course on those stupid in-person Musters.

It term of numbers FB has taken over for a number of lines, problem is it is very fragmented lots of little pockets of activity.

CC is still structured to keep things concentrated.

CC anti FB stance pushes people away especially new.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

A toenail, the horror. Definitely warrants withholding tips from every staff member on board. Wow.

Let me ask you this. Crumbs, hair, toenails on your bare feet while walking in your cabin. A handicap bar falling on your body, What would you do? Genuinely curious 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JinxyB said:

Let me ask you this. Crumbs, hair, toenails on your bare feet while walking in your cabin. A handicap bar falling on your body, What would you do? Genuinely curious 

Ugh!  I never walk bare-footed in hotels or cruise ships.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yes, the horror.  Folks have died from those things, or at least lost their sanity.  The humanities!!!! 🤣

So let me ask you the. You waited until after 4:30 to enter your cabin. You find hair, toenail clippings, and grease and food smears about your cabin. Are you ok with that?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Ugh!  I never walk bare-footed in hotels or cruise ships.

So it’s my fault for waking barefoot in my cabin? I beg to differ! What about reaching for TP and having a handicap bar fall on your body? Is that ok or am I overactive? The poor workers? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JinxyB said:

Exactly-which is why I’ll most likely be taking my cruise dollars elsewhere 

Do it. All of you, do it please. Switch to Royal. Less crowds on my ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JinxyB said:

So it’s my fault for waking barefoot in my cabin? I beg to differ! What about reaching for TP and having a handicap bar fall on your body? Is that ok or am I overactive? The poor workers? 

I wasn’t faulting you at all.  Sorry if it came off that way.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

Do it. All of you, do it please. Switch to Royal. Less crowds on my ship.

Royal isn’t much better, trust me. Once a day cabin cleaning and cutbacks in dining. Ask me how I know, sailed Symphony august 2022 and independence 4/23. But at least cabins were ready at 1:30 and were clean 

Edited by JinxyB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Off the Bliss, they released certain decks when they were done.  I think the first 5 decks or so were around 2 pm or so.  All were released well before the 4:30 I was expecting.   We just parked our butts outside The Sugar Cane and drank, talked with our new best cruise friends, and enjoyed the spectacular view of Seattle Harbor.

If you are just complaining about the cabins not being ready soon enough, then you are just cruising wrong.   Relax and enjoy the ship.  Or not and just get off so the rest of us can.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That's funny.  At least the bags were still there.  I'm guessing that one would need to spend a LONG time in the restroom before anybody would jack their bags.  Did you give them a good talkin' to?

I know you think you're being really clever.  However, I now have to carry medications for metastatic breast cancer - and prefer to have those with me until we get into our cabin.  It's my goal for this to not be my last cruise.  While this was not the case before, there were still vital medications in my carry on that I needed then and still need some of those now as well.  Granted, it's a much bigger deal now.

Edited by GORDONCHICK
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, JinxyB said:

Royal isn’t much better, trust me. Once a day cabin cleaning and cutbacks in dining. Ask me how I know, sailed Symphony august 2022 and independence 4/23. But at least cabins were ready at 1:30 and were clean 

We'll be on Ovation in 3 weeks. No drink package, specialty dining, or excursion credits, but hey, at least we'll be in the room a couple hours earlier.

6 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

6 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

However, I now have to carry medications for metastatic breast cancer - and prefer to have those with me until we get into our cabin. 

Do females not have hooks in their bathroom stalls?  I don't understand the problem here.  It's not like you spread your pill bottles all over the floor when you go to the bathroom, right?

Edited by RB9643
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Off the Bliss, they released certain decks when they were done.  I think the first 5 decks or so were around 2 pm or so.  All were released well before the 4:30 I was expecting.   We just parked our butts outside The Sugar Cane and drank, talked with our new best cruise friends, and enjoyed the spectacular view of Seattle Harbor.

If you are just complaining about the cabins not being ready soon enough, then you are just cruising wrong.   Relax and enjoy the ship.  Or not and just get off so the rest of us can.

Yes I actually am complaining about the cabins not being ready. This trip is for total R&R. I am a medical professional and worked until late Saturday night at my level 1 trauma center. This may not be something you can grasp, but I want my room available to relax in by 2PM at the latest.  If the precedent is changing and rooms aren’t ready then I will choose a different cruise line. 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, RB9643 said:

Do females not have hooks in their bathroom stalls?  I don't understand the problem here.  It's not like you spread your pill bottles all over the floor when you go to the bathroom, right?

It's not like I'm ingesting them there - I need to have them with me to know where they are.  If you had something that was the main thing keeping you alive, my bet is that you'd want to know where it is, too.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GORDONCHICK said:

It's not like I'm ingesting them there - I need to have them with me to know where they are.  If you had something that was the main thing keeping you alive, my bet is that you'd want to know where it is, too.  

Of course, but why can't you hang your bag on the hook?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JinxyB said:

Yes I actually am complaining about the cabins not being ready. This trip is for total R&R. I am a medical professional and worked until late Saturday night at my level 1 trauma center. This may not be something you can grasp, but I want my room available to relax in by 2PM at the latest.  If the precedent is changing and rooms aren’t ready then I will choose a different cruise line. 

Fine, then please cruise on some other line as NCL is not for you.  With those demands, guessing none of the mainstream lines are going to work for your demanding schedule and desires.  Perhaps Oceania, or Viking?  Of pay up for The Haven?

And learn to relax.  It's super easy once you are aboard any cruise ship.  It's only as un-relaxing as you make it.

• Like 1

After reading this topic it seems like NCL has their standards exactly inline with their customers expectations.

If you have disgusting items on the bottom of your foot after walking in your cabin, obviously blame the foot. Cabin not ready until 4:30 (and even then not really ready)? Has to be the problem of the completely unreasonable passenger. 

With the blind loyalty NCL passengers have I can’t believe they are not the largest, most profitable and well reviewed mass market cruise line in the industry. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, JinxyB said:

Found a lovely toenail clipping in my room which proves that the room was not cleaned thoroughly. The internet sucks on the ship and won’t let me upload said picture of toenails, but I can assure you it’s there. I complained to guest services and will probably be removing my gratuities in the first of 60+ cruises unless these problems are rectified 

Really all the servers on board had somwthing to do with a toenail in your room

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Hang a suitcase on a hook?  Really?  Think about that.  It's not a tote bag.

Oh my. You're one of those people that hauls all your luggage around until you get into your room?

Nevermind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Hang a suitcase on a hook?  Really?  Think about that.  It's not a tote bag.

I sincerely mean no disrespect with regards to your needs and valuables, but a couple of things come to mind. 

Can't you just use a tote bag or something similar to hold your meds/valuables and leave your suitcase with a porter?

And if you must carry on your suitcase, for whatever reason, can't you roll your case with you into the bathroom? I believe every bathroom on board has a handicap stall which would easily accommodate you and the largest suitcase in the world.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I sincerely mean no disrespect with regards to your needs and valuables, but a couple of things come to mind. 

Can't you just use a tote bag or something similar to hold your meds/valuables and leave your suitcase with a porter?

And if you must carry on your suitcase, for whatever reason, can't you roll your case with you into the bathroom? I believe every bathroom on board has a handicap stall which would easily accommodate you and the largest suitcase in the world.

My meds, medical devices, valuables and electronics are too heavy for a tote bag so they go in a small suitcase.  And this all started with my comment about rolling the suitcase into the public bathroom but I would rather my cabin be ready for me to use that bathroom.

I mean no disrespect, but I didn't ask for you to manage me or my luggage or whatever I choose to carry on board.  This thread is supposed to be about not getting into our cabins until much later in the afternoon than used to be the NCL practice of even just a few years ago and the inconveniences that come with it.

Edited by GORDONCHICK
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Fine, then please cruise on some other line as NCL is not for you.  With those demands, guessing none of the mainstream lines are going to work for your demanding schedule and desires.  Perhaps Oceania, or Viking?  Of pay up for The Haven?

And learn to relax.  It's super easy once you are aboard any cruise ship.  It's only as un-relaxing as you make it.

Did a HAL cruise in June. Room was ready when I got on at noon. No need to go to a luxury line.

• Like 1