Cruise port calendar ?

We tend to favor Cruisemapper.com.  That being said, their site does not always have the latest information.  In the past few years, too many cruise lines have, to often, announced itinerary changes (sometimes at the last minute) that are not captured in the various sites that try to keep track.

Hank

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I usually use the Cruise port  site 

The port authority usually is more accurate  than 3rd party sites

Me too.   "What'sinPort" website typically has links to the cruise port websites.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

That’s fine if the port has a site.  Many don’t.  Cruisetimetables.com is my favorite.  EM

Huh, I've yet to encounter that but obviously there are far more ports out there than I've ever looked at.   If the port does not have a site, I wonder where cruise timetables gets their info?  

Port sites are most-likely to be accurate & op-to-date, but some are difficult to find - possibly because they don't exist.🙄

We use https://www.whatsinport.com/ It's as accurate or inaccurate as other third-party sites, but we mainly refer to it because it also gives a stack of information about the ports.

Knowing what other ships are likely to be in port on the same day can be very useful in smaller ports or on Caribbean islands - altho there's little you can do about it if you're already committed.

At some places (Santorini is a classic example) ships stagger their arrival & departure times to minimise bottlenecks & over-crowding, so arrival & departure times are important.

And the number of ships in port is pretty immaterial in most big-city ports. In Barcelona or La Spezia or Venice or many many others, cruise passengers are only a tiny proportion of the visitors.

JB 🙂

• Like 1

This is all great info! Wish I had had it for our last cruise to Greece. I was not the original poster, but I'm sure glad I read this post. Thanks!!