Ultimate Beverage Package

BuddyR

On our last 2 cruises (Pre-COVID), Azamara was offering one or two free days on the Ultimate Beverage Package if you upgraded on the first day.  Has anyone seen any offer like this recently? We are on the Onward in November.

11 hours ago, BuddyR said:

On our last 2 cruises (Pre-COVID), Azamara was offering one or two free days on the Ultimate Beverage Package if you upgraded on the first day.  Has anyone seen any offer like this recently? We are on the Onward in November.

We boarded Pursuit yesterday, and upgraded our drinks package from Premium to Ultimate. There were no special offered for upgrading on the first day.

Hi , did you just pay the difference between premium and ultimate , as I’ve seen several posts saying you have to pay the whole ultimate upgrade of $21.95 , i have been given the premium as an early booking bonus but prefer the ultimate , I’ve only ever upgraded from the complimentary package before , thanks 

29 minutes ago, Rosroz said:

Hi , did you just pay the difference between premium and ultimate , as I’ve seen several posts saying you have to pay the whole ultimate upgrade of $21.95 , i have been given the premium as an early booking bonus but prefer the ultimate , I’ve only ever upgraded from the complimentary package before , thanks 

Yes it’s just the difference $7, we’ve done this on a few cruises over the past year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rosroz said:

What I was referring to in my original post was upgrading to the ultimate package from the included beverages.  In the Insider there was a beverage package promotion…if you bought either the premium or ultimate package for the full cruise before 11:00 pm on the second day, you would receive 2 days free.  This was a 14-night transatlantic on Pursuit in November 2018.  In April 2019, there was a similar offer on the Journey 12-night transatlantic…this one was for 1 free day.  I didn’t take advantage of either offer, but with the Atlas bar, I’m considering upgrading in November.

1 hour ago, BuddyR said:

What I was referring to in my original post was upgrading to the ultimate package from the included beverages.  In the Insider there was a beverage package promotion…if you bought either the premium or ultimate package for the full cruise before 11:00 pm on the second day, you would receive 2 days free.  This was a 14-night transatlantic on Pursuit in November 2018.  In April 2019, there was a similar offer on the Journey 12-night transatlantic…this one was for 1 free day.  I didn’t take advantage of either offer, but with the Atlas bar, I’m considering upgrading in November.

Have not seen that on my sailings.

Maybe this is a specific offer made on transatlantics, is what I am thinking.

31 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Have not seen that on my sailings.

Maybe this is a specific offer made on transatlantics, is what I am thinking.

Never seen that on any of our 4 crossings with Azamara either.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BuddyR said:

This was definitely offered on my Greek Isles sailing last year.  Don't think I saw it on the Caribbean itinerary in January though, but not sure.

I saw it on cruises out of Spain several times and have taken advantage of the offer. It offset the extra Spanish tax so the net benefit wasn’t as high as you might think. I’ve not however seen it post Covid though to be fair I’ve only embarked in Spain once since then 

17 minutes ago, sweetgirl26 said:

What beverage package is included for suites? Is it the premium one or the  complimentary one? 

No beverage package is included in suites. If a suite has one it’s because it was a general booking benefit offered to everyone and will be the Premium package 

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

No beverage package is included in suites. If a suite has one it’s because it was a general booking benefit offered to everyone and will be the Premium package 

That is what I thought. I plan on upgrading to the ultimate package.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweetgirl26 said:

That is what I thought. I plan on upgrading to the ultimate package.  Thanks.

Aside from some nicer spirits, particularly for me the vodka, the main draw with the Ultimate is that it gives you access to more wines. If I have some OBC to use I might upgrade as a treat. On the whole I'd say I'm happy with the complimentary though.

Phil 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Aside from some nicer spirits, particularly for me the vodka, the main draw with the Ultimate is that it gives you access to more wines. If I have some OBC to use I might upgrade as a treat. On the whole I'd say I'm happy with the complimentary though.

Phil 

For me it is the access to proper sparkling water.  I have always thought it silly that you have to go to the Ultimate to get this.  I never understood why they did away with the non alcoholic package

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Whitby100 said:

Non alcoholic packages would be a smart idea, particularly if they wish to attract younger crowds, as they apparently drink far less than their parents.    

But soft drinks and coffee/teas are already included so there’s no package to sell.

My kids drink a lot of flavoured sparkling water, 0% alcohol beer and wine, reduced alcohol wine and mocktails.  If Phil has noticed poor sparkling water selection, I suspect the next generation will too.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Riocca said:

But soft drinks and coffee/teas are already included so there’s no package to sell.

There is, the sparkling water that’s included is dire. Just like you can upgrade your wines some want to upgrade their water

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

For me it is the access to proper sparkling water.  I have always thought it silly that you have to go to the Ultimate to get this.  I never understood why they did away with the non alcoholic package

Agreed. I drink Perrier, and it's a shame it costs $23.95 per day to get it (or pay by the bottle).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChablisAtSea said:

Is bottled ‘still’ water included in complimentary drinks? I’ve seen Evian in the upgraded packages but assume there is a non branded equivalent in the complimentary offering?

There is a non branded still water on offer, at meal times they use carafes of still water, not sure if it is filtered 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @uktog

And not to derail this thread but while it’s active - it’s our first time and we plan just to pay by the glass for anything outside of complimentary but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions of other cocktails you can ask for using the included spirits please? I understand they will make cocktails other than those on the menu if they can make them with the included drinks and wondered if anyone had suggestions.

Just now, ChablisAtSea said:

Thanks @uktog

And not to derail this thread but while it’s active - it’s our first time and we plan just to pay by the glass for anything outside of complimentary but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions of other cocktails you can ask for using the included spirits please? I understand they will make cocktails other than those on the menu if they can make them with the included drinks and wondered if anyone had suggestions.

If I do not have the package, they still make a passable cosmopolitan  and also I love the Blue Wave and the Appletini

• Thanks 1