The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 11th, 2023

richwmn

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Sadly, I got an email this afternoon from her DM saying that my friend Ruth passed away this morning. She was only 60 and put up a brave fight against her cancer. Her parents are in their 80's and she was their only child. BFF and I are very sad as we send our condolences to her family across the pond.

How sad, Vanessa. My condolences to you, bff, and to Ruth’s parents.

• Like 13

A little excitement(?) this afternoon. 

There was a fire 1/4 mile from work (resin plant?) so at 1pm the directors evacuated the building just in case the fire came our way. We could see the smoke and smell it as we left. (On the way home I stopped to have lunch at a favorite Italian restaurant. 😋

CalFire UPDATE 2:00 p.m. #RiderFire - The forward rate of spread has been stopped.  Several outbuildings and vehicles were destroyed in the fire.

Update from work: It was not the resin plant. A Buddhist retreat burned down. 😟 Lots of fire trucks (30!), helicopters (3), airplanes (2), etc. Took them about an hour to get it under control. Back to work tomorrow (for those on-site).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Sadly, I got an email this afternoon from her DM saying that my friend Ruth passed away this morning. She was only 60 and put up a brave fight against her cancer. Her parents are in their 80's and she was their only child. BFF and I are very sad as we send our condolences to her family across the pond.

I am so sorry, Vanessa. Being prepared for Ruth’s passing, doesn’t eliminate your grief. May your wonderful memories help ease your pain. 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, I'm so sorry.  How sad for everyone. 😞  

• Like 12

@JazzyV so sorry to hear about your friend. It is so hard to lose cherished friends.  

@rafinmd Loved your Sandy story. We lost power for 2 weeks and had multiple trees down in our area of LI - out by Stony Brook. Almost all of our roads were not passable.  Glad you had a great travel agent who managed to get you on your cruise.

Sending healing thoughts to so many on the daily who need them.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely photos Sharon.

Thank you Graham.  Also please tell Father David Happy Birthday from me.

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, I am so sorry to read about your dear friend Ruth's passing.  Condolences to her friends, family, you and your BFF.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

On November 16, 2021, I met @dobiemom on shore for a drink.  We had a good time getting to know each other better.  Because of the Daily, we already felt like we knew each other.

62860886_WithMarcia2.thumb.jpg.a7564dcd0db23bae536416f2e44dc463.jpg

One of my favorite cruise pictures. ☺️ 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I'm so sorry to hear your news about your friend Ruth.

Condolences to her mam and dad and all of her friends.

200w.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

Good Wednesday morning to all.

Sorry I am so late.  

Happy Belated Birthday to Father David.  Hope it was a nice celebration.

I am having a problem staying on line.  It appears that someone is using my onboard internet account.  In order to do so they need to know my cabin number and my birthday.  Hmmm!

Only one device at a time and my phone is turned off. DH’s phone is also off, so I don’t know who it is.  Thank God the internet is free on the ship.  However it is frustrating to constantly be told another device is using my account.

So I am off to try to solve this problem and a number of others that are beleaguering us these days on board.

More later.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1