The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 11th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Cheer up the Lonely Day, National Blueberry Muffins Day, and Bowdler's Day

All I really need to know... I learned in kindergarten. - Robert Fulghum

Meal Suggestion for today - Creamy Cucumber Salad
Drink of the Day - Pinnacle Summer Breeze
Wine of the Day - Gaston Chiquet Brut Champagne Tradition NV
Destination of the Day - Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico

Today in History:
1533 Pope Clement VII excommunicates England's King Henry VIII

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2000

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier bay, Alaska 0700-2000

Nieuw Statendam

Kiel, Germany 0800-1600

Noordam

Ketchikan, Alaska 0700-1500

Oosterdam

Santorini, Greece 0800-1700

Rotterdam

Lerwick, Shetland Isles 0800-1700

Volendam

At Sea destination Vancouver, Canada eta 12 Jul

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 1300-2100

Zaandam

Sydney, Nova Scotia 1000-1800

Zuiderdam

At Sea destination Qaqortoq, Greenland eta 13 Jul

0711World.thumb.png.9cca9d2def13663d98f93a1747a586be.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 15

Good morning.

It is currently 66°F and sunny here.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

Cheer up the lonely is a good deed we all should do.

Prayers 🙏 for the safety of our care list friends.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Screenshot_20230711_113221.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 11

Good morning everyone.  Finally, a sunny day here.  I will gladly cheer up the lonely and have a blueberry muffin.  I will not celebrate Bowdler’s day though, a man who tried to censure Shakespeare and the bible.  The quote is pretty true but not completely.  I love today’s dish served as a side.  The drink sounds quite summery.  I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our list.  Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events today! 🍺

Edited by Mr. Boston
  • Like 27

Pinnacle Summer Breeze Cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Pinnacle® Cucumber Watermelon Vodka
2 parts Grapefruit Juice
1/4 part Lime Juice
Watermelon Wedge

Instructions
Shake with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a watermelon wedge.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 6.40.24 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 14

Today’s Care list:

The passing of Mamofami’s friend Judi 7/7

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery

Smitty34877’s DH Lou recovering from surgery 

1Angelcat’s friend B with medical issues

Summer slope with a health issue

Kazu’s Ivan with health issue

Canadian/US wildfires; storms/flooding; dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Vict0riann’s Pat with urinary and kidney infections

Marshhawk with pinched nerve

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 50th Birthday to Fr. David, St. Paul’s Church, Ryhope

Engagement of Ottahand7’s niece and RMLincoln’s DGD

Welcome to the Daily fruitmachine!

Kazu’s Ivan showing some improvement

Smitty34877’s good news about the pathology report

Bennybear’s (Brenda) good pathology report

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

Loveandpeas (Volendam to July 12, celebrating 14th anniversary), and Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina to July 23)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 15

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  Happy Birthday Father David.  Not sure what Bowdler's day is.  Lonely need cheering up and I enjoy blueberry muffins.  I think you learn a lot in kindergarten but that better include learning to love continuing learning.  I've been to Cabo a number of times, sadly the last did not include going ashore, it was on Crystal Serenity for a medical evacuation when we should have been well on our way to Papeete.  Henry VII was quite the character.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Apple and Pear Gazpacho, Braised Beef Short Ribs with Roasted Garlic Cloves, and Key Lime and White Chocolate Tart, my first Mariner Embarkation Lunch, served on MS Rotterdam July 12, 2011.

Not a pleasant start to the morning today.  I have a 10AM doctor for a blood draw, with fasting required.  Be delighted to get something to eat after that.

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  

A hot sunny morning for us, but chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

An interesting collection of days.  Cheer up the lonely is a good idea.  I enjoy blueberry muffins.  I will not celebrate Dr Bowdler.

Amusing quote, not quite true but close.

The meal suggestion sounds like a wonderful side dish.

The drink sounds tasty, I hope the wine is nice too.

I have not been to today's port.

Prayers for many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@grapau27 Please wish Fr David a Happy Birthday from me.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  It's a lovely morning here, 67F and will be sunny and 88 for a high.  Last evening we had more sudden storms but none are expected today.  Happy Birthday wishes for Father David!  I know his congregants will enjoy celebrating with him on the 15th. 🎂

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  This should be a fine day to try to cheer up the lonely.  Maybe take them a blueberry muffin.  I think I will pass on celebrating Bowdler's Day.  Cute quote by Fulghum but I hope I learned other important things after kindergarten.  A creamy cucumber salad sounds cool on a hot summer day. 🥵 The Pinnacle summer breeze cocktail also sounds refreshing.🍹  And I don't mind a glass of champagne now and then!🥂  Henry VIII deserved to be excommunicated from the church back in the day.  I want to thank our great "reporters" Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for telling us all about the food and beverages here on the Daily.

Prayers said this morning for our Care list and I hope that everyone on it is improving or in less pain.  Special prayers for Baby Murphy and I hope she gets to go home soon with her family.  Also want to send up fervent prayers for my DB and my friend's DB Mark.🙏  Cheers to our friends celebrating something (see Father David above!), or cruising.  Many are preparing to cruise and I hope your preparations and travel go smoothly!🚢  Many thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for her hard work keeping up with us, with all she has to do.  You are a champ!🏆

Our port today is Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!🌞  That was also the port of the day on May 14, 2021 and November 7, 2022 so I've posted the links to those dates below for your convenience in retrieving your photos.  

Cabo San Lucas is a popular port so I'm sure many of us have been there.  For me it was 2005 on the old Regal Princess, 2012 on Star Princess and 2016 on Westerdam while on a Panama Canal full transit.  

On that first cruise we took a tour boat ride which took us up close to El Arco.  The seas were pretty rough that day and I remember how tough that was on everyone's stomachs!  Let's just call it an adventure!enhance

On the opposite side of the arch we saw this hidden beach.  enhance

enhance

A picture from our 2012 walk aroundenhance

On our 2016 Westerdam cruise I took this photo on the tender ride to shore.  That's what I call social distancing!enhance

enhance

It's a busy, vibrant town and very popular with the tourists.enhance

enhance

Hoping everyone has a great day!  Stay safe!  I have no plans today, except to try to get mail order prescriptions moved up to before my cruise instead of waiting until after it.  I'm also progressing on deleting and organizing old emails and am up to late 2018.  What takes time is reading long emails between me and my siblings.  Lots of good info contained in them!  How much we forget!!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  

A hot sunny morning for us, but chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

An interesting collection of days.  Cheer up the lonely is a good idea.  I enjoy blueberry muffins.  I will not celebrate Dr Bowdler.

Amusing quote, not quite true but close.

The meal suggestion sounds like a wonderful side dish.

The drink sounds tasty, I hope the wine is nice too.

I have not been to today's port.

Prayers for many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@grapau27 Please wish Fr David a Happy Birthday from me.

Thank you Melanie.

Pauline and I gave father David a gift and birthday card at church on Sunday and we WhatsApp David a happy birthday message this morning.

I will pass on your message Melanie as well as the regulars who 'Like' Father David's sermons every Sunday.

David really appreciates everyone's kind words.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's a lovely morning here, 67F and will be sunny and 88 for a high.  Last evening we had more sudden storms but none are expected today.  Happy Birthday wishes for Father David!  I know his congregants will enjoy celebrating with him on the 15th. 🎂

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  This should be a fine day to try to cheer up the lonely.  Maybe take them a blueberry muffin.  I think I will pass on celebrating Bowdler's Day.  Cute quote by Fulghum but I hope I learned other important things after kindergarten.  A creamy cucumber salad sounds cool on a hot summer day. 🥵 The Pinnacle summer breeze cocktail also sounds refreshing.🍹  And I don't mind a glass of champagne now and then!🥂  Henry VIII deserved to be excommunicated from the church back in the day.  I want to thank our great "reporters" Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for telling us all about the food and beverages here on the Daily.

Prayers said this morning for our Care list and I hope that everyone on it is improving or in less pain.  Special prayers for Baby Murphy and I hope she gets to go home soon with her family.  Also want to send up fervent prayers for my DB and my friend's DB Mark.🙏  Cheers to our friends celebrating something (see Father David above!), or cruising.  Many are preparing to cruise and I hope your preparations and travel go smoothly!🚢  Many thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for her hard work keeping up with us, with all she has to do.  You are a champ!🏆

Our port today is Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!🌞  That was also the port of the day on May 14, 2021 and November 7, 2022 so I've posted the links to those dates below for your convenience in retrieving your photos.  

Cabo San Lucas is a popular port so I'm sure many of us have been there.  For me it was 2005 on the old Regal Princess, 2012 on Star Princess and 2016 on Westerdam while on a Panama Canal full transit.  

On that first cruise we took a tour boat ride which took us up close to El Arco.  The seas were pretty rough that day and I remember how tough that was on everyone's stomachs!  Let's just call it an adventure!enhance

On the opposite side of the arch we saw this hidden beach.  enhance

enhance

A picture from our 2012 walk aroundenhance

On our 2016 Westerdam cruise I took this photo on the tender ride to shore.  That's what I call social distancing!enhance

enhance

It's a busy, vibrant town and very popular with the tourists.enhance

enhance

Hoping everyone has a great day!  Stay safe!  I have no plans today, except to try to get mail order prescriptions moved up to before my cruise instead of waiting until after it.  I'm also progressing on deleting and organizing old emails and am up to late 2018.  What takes time is reading long emails between me and my siblings.  Lots of good info contained in them!  How much we forget!!

Thank you Sandi.

It will be busy on Saturday because congregations from the local catholic and Methodist churches have been invited too.

Fantastic photos Sandi from a port we have never been to.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich.

I’ll pass on Bowdler’s Day - not worthy of any celebration for me and I’ll focus on Cheer up the Lonely.  Perhaps, weather permitting Ivan and I will visit someone who is alone today and hopefully brighten their day.

LOL on today’s quote.  Yum on the cucumber salad and champagne.  Been to Cabo San Lucas a few times.  Last time

@VictOriann and I secured a boat to go whale watching.  We saw much more than the HAL tour I did previously.  A big day in history indeed that resulted in a new religion in England and the new Church of England.

Elbow report - I have “graduated” - sort of.  There is no exercise that can be done for the troublesome spot.  My scar has attached to the muscle so, my physio taught me “cupping” and I am to try that to pull the scar out and loosen the elbow’s skin.  I report back to her in 3 weeks and as long as all goes well, I do not return.

IMG_3933.thumb.jpeg.f6b7936805c9eaf039dd7721c64d91d5.jpeg

Ivan report…..blood tests were good other than one liver enzyme which is a bit high but far improved from the emergency vet visit so Dr. Nolan is not concerned.  Pancreatitis is ruled out so it’s all due to the arthritis in the 3 vertebrae in his back.  He’ll stay on the pain meds for a total of 14 days and then go to every other day (unless he shows sign of pain).  After that, he gets his next injection and IF it works, he should be ok without meds.  (It takes 2 injections to see results).  The technician comes to the house to do the injections so, assuming they work, I can arrange for them to come to my friend’s when I am away and pay for it.  If they work, he’ll be on it for the rest of his life.  Now, I just have to hope they work 🙏🏻  A friend suggested I start a “Go Fund Me” account for Ivan.  I told them Jose would roll over in his grave if I did that.  

IMG_3934.jpeg.51007c7c08c185385a1600d557e4714b.jpeg

Rainy today but we need to knock the humidity out of the air.  I’l work on the house (it sure needs it) and my Arts and Crafts project today (name tags for my Meet and Greet).  The invites are done unless too many more people sign up.  There is a whack of them!

Prayers for everyone on the Care list - especially those suffering from losses and health issues and cheers to those celebrating.

IMG_3932.thumb.jpeg.b40f47d7c0459632cdab89c0320d24b7.jpeg

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

• Like 45
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

Nice sunny day today. Still hot though. Working from home on grading and teaching. 

But the big news is:

I booked an Alaskan cruise for May 2025 on the Eurodam. Super excited. It is round trip Seattle. Never been to Seattle so we will be going in a few days early. 

Anyway, thinking of all on the care list. I do want to thank all of you for thinking of me. I am feeling more confident that I can get may blood sugar stabilized as I did it before when I was first diagnosed back in 2016. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day.

• Like 36

Good morning everyone.  An interesting group of days.  I love blueberry muffins and it is honorable to cheer up the lonely, it may require seeking them out.   Thanks @grapau27 for enlightening us on another obscure day. Please wish Father David  happy birthday from another Dailyite. I will pass on the cucumber salad and cucumber cocktail but I always will enjoy champagne.  I haven't heard of it so I hope it can be found. 

Thanks for keeping the Cares and Celebrations list for us @JazzyV.  Kind of quiet on the bon voyages lately.  Prayers for those needing them and the people of Ukraine.  

We have a cool morning, it was 46 when I got up.  We got several thunderstorms yesterday so we got badly needed rain for the lawn.  I think we will go fishing once it warms up.  Have a nice day!  Nancy 

We finally have some Monarch caterpillars.  Mexican sunflower and Baptisia blooms. 

IMG_20230710_111136949.jpg

IMG_20230710_111112336.jpg

IMG_20230710_110937902.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone.  An interesting group of days.  I love blueberry muffins and it is honorable to cheer up the lonely, it may require seeking them out.   Thanks @grapau27 for enlightening us on another obscure day. Please wish Father David  happy birthday from another Dailyite. I will pass on the cucumber salad and cucumber cocktail but I always will enjoy champagne.  I haven't heard of it so I hope it can be found. 

Thanks for keeping the Cares and Celebrations list for us @JazzyV.  Kind of quiet on the bon voyages lately.  Prayers for those needing them and the people of Ukraine.  

We have a cool morning, it was 46 when I got up.  We got several thunderstorms yesterday so we got badly needed rain for the lawn.  I think we will go fishing once it warms up.  Have a nice day!  Nancy 

We finally have some Monarch caterpillars.  Mexican sunflower and Baptisia blooms. 

IMG_20230710_111136949.jpg

IMG_20230710_111112336.jpg

IMG_20230710_110937902.jpg

Thank you.

I have just WhatsApp Father David and sent our Dailyite friends birthday wishes to him.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Good morning,

It will be another scorcher today.  Forecast for the next few days is for temps above 90 and tomorrow close to 100. 

The update I had last night on Murphy was that they weaned ECMO by 50% and are letting her ride that overnight. Thanks for all the prayers everyone I think they are working. 

My prayers are sent for all on the care list. We are such a great loving group. I know this thread has helped this lonely cruiser. Have a great day!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich. A very wet start to this morning. It took several tries before Bindi ventured out. And it was still raining a bit.

Vanessa, thank you for all you do!

I had a wonderful visit with the family yesterday, but the weather did not cooperate. We only stayed at the beach for an hour before the T-storms moved in and the lifeguards had to clear everyone out of the water. So we grabbed a takeout lunch on our way back to my place. It was still raining lightly by the time we got there, but the T-storms had moved through so we all enjoyed the pool! Boy was I tired. Bindi seemed to enjoy Day Camp, too!

Just gym, chores & Bindi walks should make today a bit more normal, but dull. 

IMG_1477.jpeg.afc692bb95112b94828a5e29452447d5.jpeg

IMG_1478.jpeg.696bd7bf0d0a29f23211754714e3b655.jpeg

Prayers for all who need support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!
Happy Birthday, Father David! Enjoy your new decade!

Get well & stay well everyone!

Gaston Chiquet Brut Champagne Tradition NV

Let’s all fill a flute and toast Father David on his 50th! This sounds very sipable and has a decent price. Available through many distributors with prices starting at $34.94 - you might even find it for less locally. 

Winemaker Notes

#86 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

Golden yellow hue, fine mousse. Fresh nose of dried fruit (apricot) with a hint of citrus. Smooth palate (Meunier); fresh, balanced and fruity (fresh apricot, white peach, citrus); aromatic finish.
RP90 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

Disgorged in May 2019, the latest release of Chiquet's supremely dependable NV Brut Premier Cru Tradition reveals an inviting bouquet of crisp yellow orchard fruit, fresh peach, honeycomb, Meyer lemon and warm biscuits. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, fleshy and charming, with a youthfully frothy but refined mousse, a succulent core of fruit and ripe but racy balancing acids. It's already drinking well.

WS90 Wine Spectator

Vibrant and balanced, with flavors of nectarine, candied orange peel, slivered almond and oyster shell set on a lacy texture. Fragrant hints of white blossoms and lemon thyme show on the finish.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 4

Good morning! A very nice 76 degrees this morning which is forecasted to rise up to 89 F with a chance of an afternoon shower. Saw pictures yesterday of my long ago state of Vermont and there are many places flooded including my home town.

Have been to Cabo several times most recently in April. Had fun making Salsa and drinking tequila.

Graham those were some rather plump rabbits in your beautiful yard.

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood so I believe I’m going for a walk before it gets too hot.

Thanks for the reports and have a great day. Bruce

image.jpeg.884025f689ba59aa9558809edbe0ebd8.jpegimage.jpeg.5d572e5980c1157698f4b12e34f59735.jpegimage.jpeg.b59f7d898ca8931a9bfe07c5f8d90faa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bc875c64f7dd9e1ff5845fca0b36c279.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.af52f6ca7db948bcf4177d20c4b04e5c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e92afa024b032df8fd894b515b1e3b33.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7ff300c41f2f75d9905e19ac6d9e6c9d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fc1b777e5f2df615c506c0d64608a7d0.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

15 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

The update I had last night on Murphy was that they weaned ECMO by 50% and are letting her ride that overnight. Thanks for all the prayers everyone I think they are working. 

Excellent news!  So happy to hear this 👍. My prayers for her continued recovery and improvement 🙏🏻 

• Like 21

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

We have been to Cabo twice on HAL. Both times have been for our Anniversary cruise although the next time I would like to do the longer cruise that travels into the Gulf of California. Much as I would like to, Sue is not interested in sailing on the Volendam or Zaandam. I'm still working on that though.  🙂

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 24