cabin door display - meaning of the color and symbols

davids33

I'm currently on a cruise. I noticed some previously empty inside cabins now have single occupants with the cabin number background being red instead of the default blue. I see a few other cabins that have the red background on the cabin number as well. I know my cabin goes green after the door unlocks but I see a few other cabins with the door shut and a green status.

I also noticed some names have a princess symbol to the right and even fewer have a checkmark like symbol on the left.

Does anyone know the meaning of the colors and symbols on the door displays? I presume this has something to do with the medallions being in the room or not.

16 minutes ago, davids33 said:

I'm currently on a cruise. I noticed some previously empty inside cabins now have single occupants with the cabin number background being red instead of the default blue. I see a few other cabins that have the red background on the cabin number as well. I know my cabin goes green after the door unlocks but I see a few other cabins with the door shut and a green status.

I also noticed some names have a princess symbol to the right and even fewer have a checkmark like symbol on the left.

Does anyone know the meaning of the colors and symbols on the door displays? I presume this has something to do with the medallions being in the room or not.

I don’t know the symbols, but I do know we had PCL employees, such as entertainers, medical assistant, film crew, etc, whom had interior cabins near or across from us a few times.  Different color background and a PCL symbol once.

Never asked about the color/symbol from our steward.  We usually are on Caribe or Dolphin decks.

2 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Not the service cabin lights right? 
You know on the display where you can click to have your cabin serviced or the DND which is red?

31 minutes ago, davids33 said:

Maybe take a screenshot, so we can see what you’re referring to.

• Like 1

I figured it out. Red can mean biohazard or health issue but here the green & red is just for "service my room" or "do not disturb. It was just odd that suddenly the three inside staterooms across the hall suddenly had single occupants and the display is always red. 

I know when there are health issues on board they sometimes relocate and isolate people. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davids33 said:

I figured it out. Red can mean biohazard or health issue but here the green & red is just for "service my room" or "do not disturb. It was just odd that suddenly the three inside staterooms across the hall suddenly had single occupants and the display is always red. 

I know when there are health issues on board they sometimes relocate and isolate people. 

Are they possibly quarantined?  We had covid quarantined across from us in an inside.  I never noticed the color.

You’re really observant.  What does the check mark mean?

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Are they possibly quarantined?  We had covid quarantined across from us in an inside.  I never noticed the color.

You’re really observant.  What does the check mark mean?

They might do the same for Noro if there was available cabin?

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:
14 hours ago, Ombud said:

And a table in front of the door = covid / quarantine 

Maybe I could use it as a foot stool on the balcony?

You could except the staff use it as a place to put the food trays they deliver for those being quarantined.  If you have a balcony you should have your foot stool

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

You could except the staff use it as a place to put the food trays they deliver for those being quarantined.  If you have a balcony you should have your foot stool

Not on my class balcony on the Enchanted, we didn't. Just a small table which was worthless.

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Obviously you would never tell Princess if you have covid

Never, unless it became absolutely a necessity. 

17 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Not on my class balcony on the Enchanted, we didn't. Just a small table which was worthless.

Never, unless it became absolutely a necessity. 

Yes, on deaths door, otherwise carry on

I'm weird. I wouldn't mingle with other passengers if I had anything contagious. That goes for covid, noro, flu, chicken pox, etc. I've never had any of those but would quarantine if I did (well I had 1 case of the flu a few decades ago)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

With those balconies, it's either put the table out there and stand inside or leave the table at the door and squeeze onto your balcony. Just not enough room! 😣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

No footstools on Royal Class standard balconies.  There's no room!!  Have to sit at an angle just to fit on the darn thing.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No footstools on Royal Class standard balconies.  There's no room!!  Have to sit at an angle just to fit on the darn thing.

Oh wow!! I've only booked E403, E409, E421 & E425 on Royal Class ships which have the bumped out (hence larger) balconies with a footstool or table. Mental note: if I can't get one of those -- book another time as I use my balcony every day

Also only book Caribe deck on Grand Class ships for the same reason. Larger balconies

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1