Oceania Insider, Allura

mauibabes

Surprised this has not been released already. We just saw that August 23, Allura 2025 Itineraries will open for Booking. Remember in September 2021 it was a ZOO when Vista was released.  Guests sailing over the next several months will have a great opportunity to make some Allura reservations at the usual $250 pp rate and earn a Booking Discount and maybe some SBC. 👍🤪💰🛳️
While Vista is AMAZING, I recall seeing a video on You Tube talking about the pages of changes that will be incorporated in Allura as she is being constructed in Genoa. 
We can hardly wait to see the Allura itineraries next month. 

Mauibabes

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Surprised this has not been released already. We just saw that August 23, Allura 2025 Itineraries will open for Booking. Remember in September 2021 it was a ZOO when Vista was released.  Guests sailing over the next several months will have a great opportunity to make some Allura reservations at the usual $250 pp rate and earn a Booking Discount and maybe some SBC. 👍🤪💰🛳️
While Vista is AMAZING, I recall seeing a video on You Tube talking about the pages of changes that will be incorporated in Allura as she is being constructed in Genoa. 
We can hardly wait to see the Allura itineraries next month. 

Mauibabes

Thank you.
Hopefully, we’ll get to see the itineraries sometime prior to the Allura release on August 23. We’re looking forward to the new ports.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Bring back Jacques would be a good start from all I read!

Not going to happen. That decision was made 5 years ago. Time for people to move on. 

This doesn’t mean I’m a fan of Embers, but time marches on. Some seem to really like it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 11:29 AM, Hambagahle said:

Sure would.   Not having Jacques is a looser for us 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2023 at 11:29 AM, Hambagahle said:

Another vote for Jacques.  That was a REAL favorite.

We paid for PH level in part (but only in part) to have Butler service which can provide food from Jacques, especially, and Red Ginger (that sea bass!) in our suite, either because we couldn't get extra reservations or we were just tired after an excursion of some sort.

We also did enjoy some nice Polo meals, but rarely ordered them served "at home" 😉 

Those restaurants really did make a difference for us.

GC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Exactly what we do (except we would have the Vista or Owners Suites anyway...)  We often order meals from Red Ginger, Jacques etc.  Now on Vista we won't have the Jacques option and that is a real shame.  (I understand that M. Pepin thinks he is getting older but surely someone could have continued Jacques on his behalf.  That Embers seems a very pale substitute in spite of the name!)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Exactly what we do (except we would have the Vista or Owners Suites anyway...)  We often order meals from Red Ginger, Jacques etc.  Now on Vista we won't have the Jacques option and that is a real shame.  (I understand that M. Pepin thinks he is getting older but surely someone could have continued Jacques on his behalf.  That Embers seems a very pale substitute in spite of the name!)

Having sailed on Vista, and eaten in Embers, this is my perspective. A high percentage on every Oceania cruise is Americans. Embers is a replica of the multiple upscale chain restaurants Americans eat in daily. Embers serves the non descript food many Americans want, at a faster pace than the other restaurants . We had quite a few passengers on our cruise that enjoyed Embers. You can read hundreds of posts here where many just want simple bland food. Embers delivers for them.

We found the food mediocre, along with the service, and the noise deafening. We were at a two top and could barely hear one another. 

Jacques is gone on the new A Class ships. People need to get over it! A bit of creative marketing actually. As the R ships are rotated out of service, the O Class ships without all the A Class improvements, then approaching 15+ years old becomes the older ships. For all those Jacques fans, the restaurant becomes a draw for the “ older” ships. Smart, I say. If everything else was the same, people would generally take newer.

• Like 3

On 7/13/2023 at 8:05 PM, mauibabes said:

If anyone has a link to this video, please post it. 

Actually the video was about a 37 minute interview and tour of Vista. Reference was made by the Design Team member being interested to “Pages” of notes taken to be included in the Allura build. Absolutely nothing specific but I am sure over the next couple of years the CC posters will come up with LOTS of ideas. 
When we were on Marina’s Inaugural sailing, it was evident there were many wonderful changes and enhancements made over the R ships and then we were on Riviera and there were lots of enhancements over Marina. Just the nature of the cruise line improvements process. 
In the mean time we will wait patiently for October and our next trip with friends on Vista.  One week was definitely toooo short to get the real flavor for her and enjoy all of her updates and improvements. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Having sailed on Vista, and eaten in Embers, this is my perspective. A high percentage on every Oceania cruise is Americans. Embers is a replica of the multiple upscale chain restaurants Americans eat in daily. Embers serves the non descript food many Americans want, at a faster pace than the other restaurants . We had quite a few passengers on our cruise that enjoyed Embers. You can read hundreds of posts here where many just want simple bland food. Embers delivers for them.

We found the food mediocre, along with the service, and the noise deafening. We were at a two top and could barely hear one another. 

Jacques is gone on the new A Class ships. People need to get over it! A bit of creative marketing actually. As the R ships are rotated out of service, the O Class ships without all the A Class improvements, then approaching 15+ years old becomes the older ships. For all those Jacques fans, the restaurant becomes a draw for the “ older” ships. Smart, I say. If everything else was the same, people would generally take newer.

Thank you for this!  Neither my husband nor I like bland food and we absolutely cannot stand noise in restaurants.  I shall make the two reservations permitted for Embers and then tell my butler he can give them to someone who wants to eat there again!  (we do the same for Toscana...)   I know some people find noise creates a "buzz" - my American brother in law does for one.  Not for us! 

• Like 1

When Marina debuted  they had a list of changes  for Riviera

Like the  step at the bottom of the  Grand Staircase   it was  trip hazard 

Probably things that looked good on paper but not in real  life

Catherine already mentioned the chairs in the private dining areas  were to be replaced  they were a tip hazard

9 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Thank you for this!  Neither my husband nor I like bland food and we absolutely cannot stand noise in restaurants.  I shall make the two reservations permitted for Embers and then tell my butler he can give them to someone who wants to eat there again!  (we do the same for Toscana...)   I know some people find noise creates a "buzz" - my American brother in law does for one.  Not for us! 

For the restaurant we do not care for 

We just do not bother  pre booking them

That leaves spots open for those that  enjoy them

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

I totally get what you are saying but I like to help my butler out if I can.   And I can book 2 dinners at each of the speciality restaurants for the two of us per 10 day segment of the cruise.  In "return" if you like our butler normally is able to get us a couple of additional reservations at Red Ginger and Polo...

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Anyone know if the August 23rd date is still looking good for new bookings on Allura? I just haven't seen email or advertising on this. 

it still  open on the  23rd  you should see something by the end of this week usually

She has to start in the Med somewhere because she is being built in Genoa as I recall. Probably an Inaugural season like Vista. 
Now can we get Frank and Marsha aboard again for a Founders Cruise?

Mauibabes

• Like 1