Grand Princess or holland for 35 day Hawaii tahiti

beachfanatic

6 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

It has two stops in Hawaii   It’s a garbage itinerary. Princess is more about the sea days than the ports.  I’d rather see Hawaii than take a hula lesson.  

I do believe the OP was comparing ships and cruise lines rather than ports.  Missing 2 ports in Hawaii is a little over 5% of the itinerary.  No matter what, the OP will be spending many days on a ship.  Posters have been kind to share what is available on a Princess ship (since this is a Princess Board).  OP hopefully posted the same question on the HAL Board.  They will gather enough pros and cons to make an informative decision.  

20 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I do believe the OP was comparing ships and cruise lines rather than ports.  Missing 2 ports in Hawaii is a little over 5% of the itinerary.  No matter what, the OP will be spending many days on a ship.  Posters have been kind to share what is available on a Princess ship (since this is a Princess Board).  OP hopefully posted the same question on the HAL Board.  They will gather enough pros and cons to make an informative decision.  

First..The Princess cruise is 32 days. The HAL cruise is 35. Princess had 2 days in Hawaii, HAL 5.    The itineraries are not comparable, never mind a relatively new ship compared to the Grand.  

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

First..The Princess cruise is 32 days. The HAL cruise is 35. Princess had 2 days in Hawaii, HAL 5.    The itineraries are not comparable, never mind a relatively new ship compared to the Grand.  

Now, now girls. You're both pretty...🙃

• Thanks 1

I found this thread and decided to follow it for several reasons:

1. My first Princess cruise was supposed to be on the Grand along the California coast.  It was scheduled to sail March 2020... then the world stood still. 😮  Maybe I'll get back on her sometime
  2. It's nice to know the Grand has a substantial fan club
  3. I'm considering a transpacific for 2024 and Princess has several options, some discussed here
  4. I've sailed on HAL once a few years ago.  I don't have much to say about it.  It's always good to find out what others think of them.

And now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

• Like 1