Just boarded Silver Moon

bitob

Just now, bitob said:

Do it in your cabin!! 

i did raise the issue with staff

Young crew will surely all do the same thing on their own phones when not working. 

It's the old ones like us that see the rudeness in it.

Common sense is wasted on the young don't you think.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

They could be from Florida 

Nah more likely Northerners who expect the weather to be the same as home.  They think layers are just another type of cake.

Us Floridians are a little more sharp as it is so hot now (all of the time) that the Icelandic weather would be a welcome relief with cool temps allowing us to go in shorts and shirt sleeves.  No need for any heavy clothes, even though we bought both summer and winter clothes.  Polar plunge anyone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Nah more likely Northerners who expect the weather to be the same as home.  They think layers are just another type of cake.

Us Floridians are a little more sharp as it is so hot now (all of the time) that the Icelandic weather would be a welcome relief with cool temps allowing us to go in shorts and shirt sleeves.  No need for any heavy clothes, even though we bought both summer and winter clothes.  Polar plunge anyone.

I'm dying to get somewhere cooler.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I hate it when people face time.

It's very rude and selfish when others are around.

I don’t need to share others joyful moments 😁

Just join in the conversation.  Clearly they want everyone around them to participate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bitob said:

110 in tucson

freezing in Iceland 

happy medium would be nice

Try our beautiful Sunshine Coast. middle of winter and temperatures mainly 10 - 12C (50 -54F ) minimum and 20 -22C maximum ( 68 -  72F ).

Though those temps are a little below average for this time of year.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Young crew will surely all do the same thing on their own phones when not working. 

It's the old ones like us that see the rudeness in it.

Common sense is wasted on the young don't you think.😁

Unfortunately most don't seem to have any.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, drron29 said:

Try our beautiful Sunshine Coast. middle of winter and temperatures mainly 10 - 12C (50 -54F ) minimum and 20 -22C maximum ( 68 -  72F ).

Though those temps are a little below average for this time of year.

Yeah, but don't you have to contend with giant spiders and all sorts of dangerous critters?

😀

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

Yeah, but don't you have to contend with giant spiders and all sorts of dangerous critters?

😀

Our largest spider is 6.2 inches long, In the US yours is 6 inches long. our second and third largest spiders are the Huntsman and Golden orb spiders which are also in the USA. But we do have more venomou spiders. The most venomous is the Sydney funnel web spider. As a young lad I grew up in Sydney and there were lots of funnel webs in our garden. I used to catch them to take to North Sydney hospital so the could study the venom with the aim of producing an antivenom. It was finally perfected in 1981. Prior to that their were recorded just 13 deaths from these spiders venom. there have been none since 1981.

So I am not afraid of spiders whereas Rojaan is. If there is a large spider in the house I will catch it and take it outside so it avoids a stomping.

As for snakes, sharks and other dangerous critters you have them in North America as well.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, drron29 said:

Our largest spider is 6.2 inches long, In the US yours is 6 inches long. our second and third largest spiders are the Huntsman and Golden orb spiders which are also in the USA. But we do have more venomou spiders. The most venomous is the Sydney funnel web spider. As a young lad I grew up in Sydney and there were lots of funnel webs in our garden. I used to catch them to take to North Sydney hospital so the could study the venom with the aim of producing an antivenom. It was finally perfected in 1981. Prior to that their were recorded just 13 deaths from these spiders venom. there have been none since 1981.

So I am not afraid of spiders whereas Rojaan is. If there is a large spider in the house I will catch it and take it outside so it avoids a stomping.

As for snakes, sharks and other dangerous critters you have them in North America as well.

We have these…invaders/predatory/awful. Sadly they don't eat spiders

IMG_1652.jpeg

2 minutes ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

There's also been a bunny invasion in the Wilton manors neighborhood in Ft Lauderdale a woman moved & left here rabbits behind...maybe there will be a bunny cruise in the near future...there;'s over 100 already!!!

I heard about that.  Just bring in a few pythons from the Everglades and that problem will be solved.

19 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

And you'd think that a cruise forum would be a snake-free zone...! 🧐

I strongly vote for Cruise Critic (and cruise ships) being a "snake-free zone"!!  Also, no need for those pesky spiders.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So I had a meeting with the exec chef about some food issues and I asked if he ever makes tarte tatin ( my favorite)he replied special order only and you shall have tomorrow night 

divineIMG_6505.thumb.jpeg.7bf162861e90bd9d07729adecc038c97.jpeg

• Like 5