Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

8 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Actually I'm not that sure the short cruise strategy will pay off....I think the added WAY too much capacity in the short cruise market....we will see if they can fill it!

I think you will find one of the reasons is to reduce emissions.
Short hops and more port days are going to be around until they find another fuel that’s carbon neutral.

1 hour ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I imagine they know more about their business model than you. Despite our complaints, they are doing quite well financially and will pivot in the future if necessary. That’s the beauty of boats. They can go somewhere else.

Ahhh really?

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Short hops and more port days are going to be around until they find another fuel that’s carbon neutral.

Why do they suddenly care about emissions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Royal has been trying to sell themselves as Environmental going back to mid-90's when they first stopped Hitting Golf Balls and Skeet Shooting off open Decks. Then after they got caught dumping Photo Chemicals into Ocean using False Piping they started Save the Waves...to then repeat the Dumping receiving a second Record multi million Fine. Ports demanding reduced Emissions benefit to Royal is less Fuel use/costs, Recycle, Plugs to Shore, alt Fuels, nothing new

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It's all about revenue. 

New cruisers that want to get away and spend LOTS of money.

Drink packages 

Wifi 

Excursions 

Specialty dining

They also figure kids are free

Win Win

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Because if they don’t they will get hundreds of million dollar and euro fines.

All shipping and airline have to reduce carbon emissions.

I think it’s 50% by 2035 and 100% by 2050 .Some countries are bringing in restrictions earlier.

Hapag-Lloyd ,which is something to do with Royal Caribbean is facing a 100 million euro fine for breaching carbon emissions for last year.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think it’s 50% by 2035 and 100% by 2050 .Some countries are bringing in restrictions earlier.

Hapag-Lloyd ,which is something to do with Royal Caribbean is facing a 100 million euro fine for breaching carbon emissions for last year.

Never heard of this! You have a source? Doubt it is applicable to US or Europe!

Hapag-LLoyd has 0 to do with Royal....I think you got some wrong facts - fake news?🤔

Edited by cruiseboy89130

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Never heard of this! You have a source? Doubt it is applicable to US or Europe!

Hapag-LLoyd has 0 to do with Royal....I think you got some wromg facts - fake news?🤔

I was told by a boss of Royal Caribbean they have to reduce emissions .

Older ships will be moved to do short cruises but the emissions are based across the fleet. The emissions can be averaged and exchanged within the company.

https://maritime-executive.com/article/tui-sells-hapag-lloyd-cruises-to-its-jv-with-royal-caribbean#:~:text=TUI Cruises%2C a 50-50,percent stake for Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I was told by a boss of Royal Caribbean they have to reduce emissions .

Older ships will be moved to do short cruises but the emissions are based across the fleet. The emissions can be averaged and exchanged within the company.

https://maritime-executive.com/article/tui-sells-hapag-lloyd-cruises-to-its-jv-with-royal-caribbean#:~:text=TUI Cruises%2C a 50-50,percent stake for Royal Caribbean.

If I sell my car I'm related to the new owner?

You are putting this in totally wrong perspective and nowhere do they face fines etc.

It is about them thinking they will make more money by putting them on short routes - don't buy that eviromental ship

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

You are putting this in totally wrong perspective and nowhere do they face fines etc.

It is about them thinking they will make more money by putting them on short routes - don't buy that eviromental ship

I didn’t say Hapag-Lloyd owned Royal Caribbean, I said they have something to do with one another.

https://www.tuigroup.com/en-en/media/press-releases/2023/2023-05-09-tc-15-years-of-tui-cruises

Edited by Chiliburn

28 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Carnival is offering a 14 day more diverse ports out of PC and nothing more than adventure 8 days, same ole max days out of this port. Why can carnival offer more ports once in a while but rcl cant. It seems to me like rcl cutting fuel costs by a penny pincher than emissions to me. Even if its averages, then they could do a special longer sailing other than 1 nine day over NYE at sky high prices.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It seems to me like rcl cutting fuel costs by a penny pincher

This!

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

than emissions to me

Totally - people are just making up things thrying to reason for Royal🤪

Why do the cruises from Baltimore start on days like Thursday? It makes it hard if you don't want to take more than 5 days off for a 8 day cruise. I know Carnival departs on Sundays but I feel like there should be a better way around it.

29 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

They don't have anything to do with each other - they sold ships - end of story!

From the RCG SEC filing:

We own and operate three global cruise brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Silversea Cruises (collectively, our "Global Brands"). We also own a 50% joint venture interest in TUI Cruises GmbH ("TUIC"), which operates the German brands TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises (collectively, our "Partner Brands"). 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

From the RCG SEC filing:

We own and operate three global cruise brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Silversea Cruises (collectively, our "Global Brands"). We also own a 50% joint venture interest in TUI Cruises GmbH ("TUIC"), which operates the German brands TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises (collectively, our "Partner Brands"). 

I was starting to think I was just hallucinating,thanks @Biker19.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I was starting to think I was just hallucinating,thanks @Biker19.

You are environmentally
😁

Hapag Lloyd cruises is a different company than Hapag Lloyd!

You are mixing everything together and make a story out of it.....

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/HLAG-DE

Edited by cruiseboy89130

15 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

15 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I asked Cruise Director Mitch about why not very many longer cruises and this is the response I just got back...

Screenshot_20240302_222532_Facebook.jpg

So the correct answer should be:  We have decided to target families, first time cruisers and the younger demographics market that cannot take long vacations.  If you are interested in longer trips visit our sister brand Celebrity.  😝

• Like 6

7 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

So the correct answer should be:  We have decided to target families, first time cruisers and the younger demographics market that cannot take long vacations.  If you are interested in longer trips visit our sister brand Celebrity.  😝

Very true. However as a solo I cant afford Celebrity! 

• Like 6