Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

We will be boarding Anthem for B2B starting 13 April 2025 - Was hoping the Ovation would arrive in Singapore on 13 April but it is arriving on 14 April - so no can do -

*Also Anthem has four weeks unaccounted 11 March - 13 April - so hoping something will pop up soon - don't think she is due for dry dock yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Anthem is having a drydock in Singapore during this timeframe.

I pretty much figured this out but was hoping that 'maybe' she would be open for more cruises - Really not into 3-4-5 days cruises but since we are there it would have been nice!

2 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Really surprised they port 2 ships in Shina!

There is value in sailing from China even with airfare (UK airfare anyway).

I regularly sail from the US  as I have done the Mediterranean too many times now but even I am getting a bit tired of Coco Cay/Nassau itineraries so I am seriously thinking of giving China a go. 

If nothing else it will be a bit different and If they are trying to attract new passengers with two ships then with us its working.

19 minutes ago, Tin can said:

I regularly sail from the US  as I have done the Mediterranean too many times now but even I am getting a bit tired of Coco Cay/Nassau itineraries so I am seriously thinking of giving China a go. 

If nothing else it will be a bit different and If they are trying to attract new passengers with two ships then with us its working.

No way for us - not our crowd to hang around with.....also mostly only short sailings too!

1 hour ago, Tin can said:

I agree with you with the repetitive ports in the Med.

I do prefer to sail from US but the airfare for me flying from Ireland is currently eyewatering! ☘️

I would love a Shanghai to Hong Kong repo and then I could add in a couple of Disney visits to justify the airfare and the visa costs! 🏰🏰

1 hour ago, Tin can said:

I think for me the problem is not so much the airfare as the visa (I've been to China twice already and do not feel like going through the trouble of getting a Chinese visa again) and the poor itineraries. Very short, lots of sea days. I understand I'm not the target market here: people working in China seem to have very few days of paid leave, so the short itineraries work for them. 

Currently leaning towards Japan instead: I've also been twice but no visa and Celebrity has some pretty good 12 day itineraries. Before booking anything, I want to compare them with the other cruise line offerings (still waiting on you, NCL and MSC) and with a DIY train itinerary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

No way for us - not our crowd to hang around with.....also mostly only short sailings too!

Short sailings is the way it's going generally with Royal even from the UK, the way I see it is I might as well have a change of scenery from the same old Med/US ports.

Just now, Tin can said:

Short sailings is the way it's going generally with Royal even from the UK, the way I see it is I might as well have a change of scenery from the same old Med/US ports.

Ports is not our problem - crowd is!

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I agree with you with the repetitive ports in the Med.

I do prefer to sail from US but the airfare for me flying from Ireland is currently eyewatering! ☘️

I would love a Shanghai to Hong Kong repo and then I could add in a couple of Disney visits to justify the airfare and the visa costs! 🏰🏰

Sounds good to me, I'm not sure if you have been before but Hong Kong is great.

Our BA flights from Heathrow to JFK were pretty good for August for Liberty from Port Liberty but after that Bermuda and the Dominican Republic will be ticked off the list so running out of new ports and looking for something new.

Thats my problem, always looking for something new 😀

10 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Ports is not our problem - crowd is!

Fair enough, I actually like experiencing a different crowd and culture.

It's one of the reasons I shy away from UK cruise brands such as P & O as being from the UK I don't want a cruise specifically tailored for UK tastes attracting a mainly UK market. Too many new people out there to meet 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Fair enough, I actually like experiencing a different crowd and culture.

It's one of the reasons I shy away from UK cruise brands such as P & O as being from the UK I don't want a cruise specifically tailored for UK tastes attracting a mainly UK market. Too many new people out there to meet 🙂

I wouldn't consider a cruise out of Russia either.....

Guess we are hard to please 🤣

Edited by cruiseboy89130

4 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

I wouldn't consider a cruise out of Russia either.....

Guess we are hard to please 🤣

No, I'd draw the line at that 😆😂

32 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Sounds good to me, I'm not sure if you have been before but Hong Kong is great.

Our BA flights from Heathrow to JFK were pretty good for August for Liberty from Port Liberty but after that Bermuda and the Dominican Republic will be ticked off the list so running out of new ports and looking for something new.

Thats my problem, always looking for something new 😀

You're making it sound enticing now. A 4 day trip with a 3N cruise out of HK. Sounds like a great getaway!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MyriamS said:

I think for me the problem is not so much the airfare as the visa (I've been to China twice already and do not feel like going through the trouble of getting a Chinese visa again) and the poor itineraries. Very short, lots of sea days. I understand I'm not the target market here: people working in China seem to have very few days of paid leave, so the short itineraries work for them. 

Currently leaning towards Japan instead: I've also been twice but no visa and Celebrity has some pretty good 12 day itineraries. 

Chinese Visa...agree, after our last (really bad) experience with the visa process...never again.

* All other asian countries...yes.

Perhaps can consider Australia or New Zealand sailings for a more western crowd and fun vibe. 

Im from Singapore and always on RCL in Asia and also been to West Med.. the crowd and vibe of a West Med cruise was so happening and lively.. Asia cruises are much quieter and people are usually reserved and keep to their own groups.

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Chinese Visa...agree, after our last (really bad) experience with the visa process...never again.

* All other asian countries...yes.

Is it really a faf to get a Chinese visa then? I thought you just paid an agency and they did it all for you or is it a lot more involved than that?

6 hours ago, gavvy said:

Is it really a faf to get a Chinese visa then? I thought you just paid an agency and they did it all for you or is it a lot more involved than that?

That's the smart thing to do.

I drove a bit over 4 hours to the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco. (My mistake.  * I did not want to mail and relinquish my passport to an agency.)  Arrived early and the queue was already around the block.

When I got in, there was no courtesy...people cutting lines and insisting they had priority (?)...when I finally made it to the window, they told me the photos I'm submitting were unacceptable.

To make a long story short, I asked for a supervisor who ultimately approved the photos. I was told to come back at 2pm.

When I came back, same scenario inside...long queue and chaos. At the end of the day, I did get our visas.

This was over 10 years ago...perhaps it's better now...perhaps not.  Most of the other countries we've visited, that required a visa, we can easily apply online. Curious if China allows U.S. citizens to apply online?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

I drove a bit over 4 hours to the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco. (My mistake.  * I did not want to mail and relinquish my passport to an agency.)  Arrived early and the queue was already around the block.

When I got in, there was no courtesy...people cutting lines and insisting they had priority (?)...when I finally made it to the window, they told me the photos I'm submitting were unacceptable.

To make a long story short, I asked for a supervisor who ultimately approved the photos. I was told to come back at 2pm.

When I came back, same scenario inside...long queue and chaos. At the end of the day, I did get our visas.

This was over 10 years ago...perhaps it's better now...perhaps not.  Most of the other countries we've visited, that required a visa, we can easily apply online. Curious if China allows U.S. citizens to apply online?

Apparently they have made it a lot easier for most western countries but that could change at the drop of a hat.

The biggest problem I’ve heard of is the scams when you get there .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Depending on the city and how long you are there for, some don’t require visas anymore. For example, in Shanghai you can get a 5 day visa on arrival. I believe Beijing may also do this.

• Like 1