Eden Restaurant Noise Level Question

annandme

Hello,

My wife and I want to make a dinner reservation at the Eden specialty restaurant for our upcoming cruise on the Celebrity Edge.  However, I've heard that the high noise levels coming from the Eden Bar's loudspeakers and shows can prevent conversations in the Eden restaurant.  Since we would find high noise levels during our dinner totally unenjoyable, I'm hoping that someone who has eaten in the Eden restaurant (on the Edge or other Edge class ship) for dinner can tell me if they experienced this?

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, annandme said:

Hello,

My wife and I want to make a dinner reservation at the Eden specialty restaurant for our upcoming cruise on the Celebrity Edge.  However, I've heard that the high noise levels coming from the Eden Bar's loudspeakers and shows can prevent conversations in the Eden restaurant.  Since we would find high noise levels during our dinner totally unenjoyable, I'm hoping that someone who has eaten in the Eden restaurant (on the Edge or other Edge class ship) for dinner can tell me if they experienced this?

Thank you.

We ate twice in Eden on Beyond.  There was live music being played  from the bar area at the time we dined.  It was enjoyable.  Acoustical duos and soloists.   Then there was a DJ doing a disco party some nights  at 10 pm and the Eden group performed at  11 pm on other nights.   Eden restaurant did close at 9.  

If you have a late reservation you may hear the music and noise from a show before you finish dinner.

We have had reservations at 8:30 and the music was more like background music .  As we are finishing around 9:30-10 the sounds increased but not intrusive.  The shows in Eden started 10:30 or 11

I have heard here on CC that on the Edge. The noise from the Martini Bar can be heard at some of the tables at the Fine Cut Steakhouse. The Martini Bar is two decks down. Not sure if this is only on the Edge ship.

33 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I have heard here on CC that on the Edge. The noise from the Martini Bar can be heard at some of the tables at the Fine Cut Steakhouse. The Martini Bar is two decks down. Not sure if this is only on the Edge ship.

We were seated by the windows in Fine Cut on the Beyond.  Nothing heard at that location.  

• Thanks 1

Since the Eden restaurant looks into the Eden Bar through a large opening 1 floor up, my worry was about enjoying my dinner without having to get my earplugs.  From the above responses, it would appear that its noise levels are not intolerable, but to be safe, I'll make my reservation at 7:00 PM or before in order to be finished and gone before "showtime".

Thanks everyone.

52 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

The noise from the Martini Bar can be heard at some of the tables at the Fine Cut Steakhouse. 

Not sure how this applies to Eden....

1 hour ago, annandme said:

if they experienced this?

Not an issue.

I ate in Eden three times on Beyond in January, usually starting around 8:15 pm. I don't recall excessive or loud noise from the Lounge above. I had a nice conversation with a couple two tables over one night, never had a problem hearing them so it shouldn't be a problem hearing your table mate.  One night while I was finishing dessert a cellist and acoustic guitarist were playing in the  lounge  which I enjoyed.  The sound level was not a problem.  I really love Eden and booked it for 5 nights on my transatlantic cruise aboard Ascent next spring.

Edited by dreamer321
fixed typo

I recently dined 4x at Eden on Apex.    They do have set's play above in the Eden Bar.   On all occasions the sound was at a pleasant level --    They had a guitarist "Charlie) for one set and an acoustical violinist.     Around 10:00 PM they had a show that was a bit louder but still not overpowering.

I can tell you it is very enjoyable compared to when they first introduced Eden and had that terrible show that as so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation.

• Thanks 2

My husband and I were on the Apex May 2022, and we ate in Eden, but if I recall, we ate fairly early.  It may have been 6:30ish.  I do not recall any noise or loud music.  We had a most enjoyable meal.  The restaurant wasn't even full at that time.

3 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We experienced this in Fine Cuts,  but did not notice noise in Eden.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jwlane said:

Not sure how this applies to Eden....

My thoughts were that if were concerned about noise levels and carry on a conversation in one specialty restaurant you might want to know about another specialty restaurant Fine Cuts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I recently dined 4x at Eden on Apex.    They do have set's play above in the Eden Bar.   On all occasions the sound was at a pleasant level --    They had a guitarist "Charlie) for one set and an acoustical violinist.     Around 10:00 PM they had a show that was a bit louder but still not overpowering.

I can tell you it is very enjoyable compared to when they first introduced Eden and had that terrible show that as so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation.

The evening show on the Beyond was very loud.  I was glad I was not finishing up my meal in the Eden restaurant.  I will. not comment on the quality of the show...

• Like 1