Port upgrade perks?

joshuawshannon

I am going to try to upgrade my cabin from a concierge to a suite. I know if I do the move up bid i do not get the suite perks, but rather the perks of my original cabin type. If I do a port upgrade do I get the suite perks, or is it still the perks of the original room. 

2 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Ships have been sailing nearly full.  You can ask when you get on board but don’t be surprised to see a sign on the Guest Relations desk that there are no upgrades available

Agreed.  We always see that sign.  It's more likely that they will get rid of the suites using the move-up program prior to sailing.  

• Like 1

Our next cruise in Sept has only 2 suites available. A Sunset Sky Suite and a Celebrity Suite. My MIL is not in a suite. Her Move Up email shows she can bid on all suites types even though only 2 suites available.

14 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Our next cruise in Sept has only 2 suites available. A Sunset Sky Suite and a Celebrity Suite. My MIL is not in a suite. Her Move Up email shows she can bid on all suites types even though only 2 suites available.

Always shows in case last minute cels etc happen.  I have been on full sailings and gotten same thing on move ups.  I usually book early and choose the room I want but will look at the upgrades and consider them,  

You aren’t going to get a deal on a suite. They will sail full. MoveUp bids all but guarantee that. There have been comments on here where if a suite is available, the price they have offered on board is higher than it would have been to just upgrade the booking beforehand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joshuawshannon said:

I am going to try to upgrade my cabin from a concierge to a suite. I know if I do the move up bid i do not get the suite perks, but rather the perks of my original cabin type. If I do a port upgrade do I get the suite perks, or is it still the perks of the original room. 

Move up does include Luminae, concierge, indoor and outdoor retreats , top suites gets free specialty restaurants and liquor setups in suite. 

5 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

The reason for this is that for every upgrade it triggers a number of upgrade opportunities.   e.g.  an upgrade to a s Sunset Sky Suite will open two Sky Suites and those will probably open up and Aqua or a Concierge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulh84 said:

You aren’t going to get a deal on a suite. They will sail full. MoveUp bids all but guarantee that. There have been comments on here where if a suite is available, the price they have offered on board is higher than it would have been to just upgrade the booking beforehand. 

Definitely agree.  Suites are the most in demand cabins on the ships these days.  If there are any open they will give them to the highest bidder on move-up, and that is almost always someone who bid considerably over minimum.  Is there a tiny chance that someone cancels literally at the last minute and they might let someone pay for the suite?  Yes, but agree that it will probably be higher than the upgrade bid, as well as probably considerably higher than had the person booked a suite in the first place.  That's how popular they are right now.  I've tried bidding several times from Aqua Class and have yet to be successful.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, joshuawshannon said:

I've upgraded on board before and the perks and points are from your original booking so it's just like a Move Up. You would have to pay the full retail prices to get points and perks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Ships have been sailing nearly full.  You can ask when you get on board but don’t be surprised to see a sign on the Guest Relations desk that there are no upgrades available

That sign has been there so long it has cobwebs and I think it has been fastened the floor as a standard fixture on all of the ships. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 2