The Happy Wanderer---tackles the Noordam!

RuthC

Oh, RuthC, I found out where they kept some of the supply of pillow chocolates on the old Noordam. Maybe you can find it on the new one.

Have a wonderful journey. So kind of you to "take me along.." Who is playing in the Piano Bar? Hope you have a great time there.

Yes, I will come along with you on your ride. Just remember to leave everything intact as we will be getting on as soon as you get off. I know you want me to give a good report on the condition you left the ship in so behave. :D
:D

Oh no I saw a Chocolate Droste Report come across the wires now... ~~~~~:ATLANTIC OCEAN: Heavy DROSTING is occuring on a Holland American Line Ship , Noordam (IV) after getting into International Waters off the Shelf...

See and sea she had been waiting till it entered INT. Waters... Sea Law...

Many colors (colours) of Envy have been emerging on different Continents now... Even in the cold new crops of envy are springing up ^~^~^wwwWWWW~^^~^~^

Hope they keep her in Chocolate so it stays ShIP SHAPE :eek:

Droste......where's the Droste???? You really know the way to a girl's heart. :)

A little Droste here and a little Droste there... but where is the Droste of Noordam Past now?>>:eek: Here a Droste there a Droste everywhere a little Droste...

Hope they save us future Drosting..:D

As we have the chance of meeting future Droste on the New Noordam soon..

Even if we have to bring our own...

Does anyone know if Droste is aboard? *S*:cool:

Yay, Ruth! And off you go!:D You lucky lady ... I'm picturing you right now maybe having dinner or just touring the ship or checking out the Crow's Nest or maybe just strolling along the Promenade Deck! I hope it's a smooth sea all the way south ... enjoy our sunny skies once you get here. I hope you can keep in touch with us throughout your journey so we can live vicariously!

Have a fabulous time!

As Bugs Bunny said - Bon Voyageeeeeee!

You just have THE best time. The virgin Nordammers broke her in for you so she's ship-shape & raring to go for your Caribbean voyage.

We brought our chocolates home to share - but don't even THINK of that. Did taste one every once in a while - absolutely scrumptious!

Keep us updated (if you're not having too much fun) ;)

LizB1 asked about the trip down, so I thought I'd mention the entire process until boarding.

The alarm went off at 4:30 :eek: so I'd be ready when the cab arrived at 6:45. It didn't. The cab didn't arrive, I mean. RuthC went into a panic, and within 2 minutes was on the phone to get an ETA---they lost my reservation! :eek:

Good thing I called.

When I arrived at the Bonanza Station the bus was already there and (almost) fully loaded. The driver delayed take-off waiting for others (never saw 'em) and we left at 7:45. There was a 1/2 hour coffee stop in Conn. at 9:00, then the bus continued straight to the pier---arriving at 11:30.

I had understood that the typically awful procedures at NYC were no longer in efect. That's true---they have changed. Note I didn't say "improved". :rolleyes: Just as bad, but differently.

People were directed up stairs to wait---wait for what, no one said. :confused: At noon everyone was told to go get in line---so now there was a jam-up heading toward the same doorway. That enabled us to watch as the chosen (suite and wheelchair passengers) were boarded.

At last! Our turn! Pass through the portals, security, and now the division---high tech or low? Didn't seem to matter as we were then sent to any available gatekeeper.

I was aboard ar 12:20 and in the Lido for lunch by 12:30. No prime rib!

Oh, yes. this is going to be a different cruise.

When I arrived at the Bonanza Station the bus was already there and (almost) fully loaded. The driver delayed take-off waiting for others (never saw 'em) and we left at 7:45. There was a 1/2 hour coffee stop in Conn. at 9:00, then the bus continued straight to the pier---arriving at 11:30.

Oh, dear ... starting off a cruise with a long bus ride? Oh, man ... :(

And that New York pier routine doesn't sound too good either. Seems to have taken an unnecessarily long time to get on the boat.

Well, look on the bright side. Things can only get better from here onward!

Enjoy your cruise, and hopefully they had some delicious prime rib waiting for you in the dining room last night ... not to mention lots of chocoates on your pillow!

Blue skies ...

--rita

Bon Voyage, RuthC...... Even though I just got off less than two weeks ago, I'm wishing I were on with you! Here's wishing you a fantastic journey!! Let us know everything, and don't forget to leave our beautiful ship in perfect condition; some of us have plans for her in the future!

Hi Ruth--delighted you are on board the Noordam --not an auspicious start but we will hope everything gets better and better for you.

Looking forward to your posts and the song titles--how you do that we will never know. Chocolates ahoy!

Love, Wendy & Al (Rotterdam)

I was aboard ar 12:20 and in the Lido for lunch by 12:30. No prime rib!

Oh, yes. this is going to be a different cruise.

By any chance did you have "meatloaf" instead ? :D We had meatloaf in place of prime rib on the Rotterdam 2 years ago.

Ruth, thanks so much for the info regarding the bus journey from Providence and also embarkation. Sorry to hear you had a problem getting that early morning taxi...I am sure your nerves were shot. What a way to start the day!

Still, I do hope you and the rest have a great cruise and are starting to get used to that Vista ship.

Liz

Just one day into your adventure and your thread already has forty something posts. What a fan club you have! It wasn't even a controversial subject, just friends talking to friends. Have a great trip. susana.

Ruth, I smile just reading your posts ... I was wishing it was longer because I just love the way you write as if you were talking to us. That's what's so enjoyable about your Happy Wanderer thread.

Do you have a laptop or are you writing from Explorations (is that what it's called on the Noordam?). Did you buy a package?

I hope now that you're relaxing and getting into the swing that you're having a fantastic time. We miss you here!:) ... I miss your fun little emails from time to time if you know what I mean ;).

This is just a guess - boarding for the inaugural was breeze, but disembarkation was, well, a disaster. That had to have delayed the next group of pax. Perhaps the kinks weren't quite worked out at the pier for turn-over day? There have only been 2. Here's hoping the next turn-over day goes much more smoothly.

This is just a guess - boarding for the inaugural was breeze, but disembarkation was, well, a disaster. That had to have delayed the next group of pax. Perhaps the kinks weren't quite worked out at the pier for turn-over day? There have only been 2. Here's hoping the next turn-over day goes much more smoothly.

Our turn is next. We board The Noordam on March 25, 2006. Here's hoping embarkation and disembarkation both go smoothly. :)

Archived