The questions just keep on coming

skrufy

We've never uploaded a picture to Navigator app, but have sailed several times since the restart.  So I am pretty sure the facial recognition works as SusieKislandGirl said.  It uses a photo already in the system, if your looks have changed a lot, then they take a new photo, using the system.

12 hours ago, kazu said:

Photos are still done.  You upload yours onto the navigator and if it’s not clear / good enough, they take another one.  

Is the photo functionality only available close to boarding time? I can't find it in the app. (Maybe I don't know how it works....)

7 hours ago, POA1 said:

Is the photo functionality only available close to boarding time? I can't find it in the app. (Maybe I don't know how it works....)

I think that’s likely the case.  I can’t find it but I know I’ve done it.  It’s been a waste of time for me.  I’ve uploaded a professionally taken picture so it’s not blurry and it looks like me and they ended up taking it at check in anyway like they always do. I don’t bother anymore and it’s not an issue.

9 hours ago, POA1 said:

Yes it is.  It appears on the Navigator.  I think it was around 2 weeks before IIRC?

I only had to do it once when I sailed in November.  They used the same one for December so my memory may be short 😉 

• Thanks 1

I tried to attach my photo just now on Navigator.  It seems easy but I chose a photo as prompted but it did not attach. What am I doing wrong?  I went through the prompts again for my husband and it looks like his did not work either.  I was trying with my IPhone. When I tried with the desktop website I couldn’t even find where to attach the photo. 

On 7/16/2023 at 2:08 PM, kazu said:

Your key card will be in an envelope in your cabin’s mail box.

Cabins are usually ready around 11:30 AM.  There are some exceptions if deep cleaning, etc is required but even then it’s usually by noon or 12:30 pm.

It’s pretty much the same on HAL.  Very easy to do.  Drop off your carry on, watch your tv for the lifeboat info and go to get your key card scanned for muster and you’re done 🙂 

Are you required to watch the video?

4 minutes ago, skrufy said:

Are you required to watch the video?

No,  You must run the video before any other TV operations will function.  Whether you watch is up to you.

Edited by Crew News

28 minutes ago, RuthC said:

You're working too hard to try to do it yourself. 
Let HAL do it. It will take less than 30 seconds. 

Yes, I know but I am needing to do something to make this cruise come faster. Lol.  My husband just did the same thing on his Google phone and it worked on the first try.   In March my phone worked with Navigator and his didn’t.  

3 hours ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

Yes, I know but I am needing to do something to make this cruise come faster. Lol.  My husband just did the same thing on his Google phone and it worked on the first try.   In March my phone worked with Navigator and his didn’t.  

If you really want to keep playing the HAL version of Whack a Mole aka "attach a photo in the security portion of the Navigator App" your husband can do it from his phone (since it worked for him) and it will show up in yours. 

Or you can stop trying to upload photos and start packing, 😆 🤣 lol 

Edited by Haljo1935
  • Haha 2