SCARLET LADY ACCIDENT IN PORT?

godzukihop

29 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 4.05.20 PM.png

This is a huge bummer. It would be one thing if if was just a dent but there's an easily identifiable hole in the hull.  I imagine it's going to take a few days to get this repaired properly. 

• Like 1

Just saw the live feed from the port and it appears they are working or assessing the damage/repair. From the picture above it appear they are cutting steel to repair what looks like an opening in the exterior hull.  Looks similar to the ship from last week.  I wonder if the USCG will delay the sailing....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JMAE said:

Just saw the live feed from the port and it appears they are working or assessing the damage/repair. From the picture above it appear they are cutting steel to repair what looks like an opening in the exterior hull.  Looks similar to the ship from last week.  I wonder if the USCG will delay the sailing....

There are lots of variables that will determine whether the sailing is delayed or not,

• Like 1

Watching the port cam, they are actively working the situation. It looks like two sets of workers addressing the hull and four officials monitoring their work.  

image.png.09a0c9dd242783d11af8696b746f9509.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Grumpus said:

Looks like they’re planning to weld a metal plate over that hole.  Pretty big storms are rolling in too. 

It's summer.  Pretty big storms will roll in and roll out, like every day here 🙂

• Like 4

From the port cam, it appears they are attempting to hold a tarp over the area so the workers can continue if it rains.  They are welding, you can see sparks.  

image.png.61b50af179b87d4466d2254c6da71e02.png

• Like 1

Scarlet Lady sailed away from terminal V well after midnight with her brand new repair... Looks pretty nice for something that was done right there in port, and the paint job looks nice as well...

img_1_1689592486177.thumb.jpg.aa56c9a2ed4db7a6328f39bd2da47bbf.jpg

img_2_1689592502234.thumb.jpg.6e03408c1ff0721de4d3eb954e1d238c.jpg

img_3_1689592518013.jpg

• Like 5

I'm curious about something and maybe someone with a maritime pay grade higher than mine can answer this. Who would be responsible for this? Would it be the Harbor Pilot or the ships Master or Staff Captain? Just a fun fact to add in, I visited the SL bridge last year and asked all the officers there which port was the worst to negotiate and they all said Port of Miami at night due to it's narrow apporoach.

13 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Scene of the crime... The corner of the dock in Miami showing the damaged concrete structure...

img_1_1689642734767.jpg

Now it's easy to judge from a distance but....You would think the rubber buffers would be positioned where the ship would hit, rather than higher up. They know the ship shape, overhangs etc, so why leave that chunk of concrete exposed? 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 3:16 PM, Cloud9 Bob said:

I'm curious about something and maybe someone with a maritime pay grade higher than mine can answer this. Who would be responsible for this? Would it be the Harbor Pilot or the ships Master or Staff Captain? Just a fun fact to add in, I visited the SL bridge last year and asked all the officers there which port was the worst to negotiate and they all said Port of Miami at night due to it's narrow apporoach.

The Captain is ultimately responsible because the pilot is just there as an advisor.