Water

Bobswife1

30 minutes ago, Bobswife1 said:

What is the policy for water

Do u get water in your cabin or should i bring emoty water bottles and fill them

If you are a top tier Latitudes member, you get a bottle of water on embarkation. The only free water in your cabin is from the bathroom faucet or if you are in a Owner's Suite.

You can use a clean glass in the buffet to fill your water bottle. You may not place your water bottle up to any water dispenser on the ship. You may be able to get a bar tender to fill your bottle also. 

Your stateroom minibar will have....

image.thumb.png.df247fd8920f5b091ab62fccfdbd9b03.png

You can buy a water package

image.thumb.png.b53cb4fae478859fa052d26e504d115c.png

Or you could have booked when 6L of water per person was one of the Free at Sea perks. 

image.png.c05c46b856f830d17d36a1d982d11dea.png

You may not bring your own water onto the ship. 

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, pop and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 10:22 PM, Bobswife1 said:

What is the policy for water

Do u get water in your cabin or should i bring emoty water bottles and fill them

Yes and Yes! Bring a few empty water bottles and fill them up in your cabin sink. I like cold water so I put them in the fridge.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, psalm104 said:

Is there an onboard deal offered for the water package, or is it cheaper/the same to preorder the water package on the NCL website? Asking about the Jewel specifically if that matters.

It can be less expensive to prepay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psalm104 said:

Is there an onboard deal offered for the water package, or is it cheaper/the same to preorder the water package on the NCL website? Asking about the Jewel specifically if that matters.

I just looked in my app for an upcoming cruise on Gem and it was equal to $24 USD for 6L. Doesn’t seem like there is any deal for ordering ahead at least right now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, psalm104 said:

Onboard prices

image.thumb.png.764d6f8f95816b1ce6dd10f4e722321b.png

Room Mini-Bar Prices

image.thumb.png.8a79870c4e8ad49f7a3bfb489dc8b68b.png

Edited by BirdTravels

When I booked the cruise on Joy directly with NCL I was told that there are water filing stations spread around the ship and that I should bring a water bottle. 

can anyone confirm or deny this?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Onboard prices

image.thumb.png.764d6f8f95816b1ce6dd10f4e722321b.png

Thank you. If those are the current onboard prices, then it would be cheaper to wait until we are on the ship. On the NCL site it is currently showing $23.94 for 6/ $41.94 for 12/ $59.94 for 24.

6 minutes ago, psalm104 said:

Thank you. If those are the current onboard prices, then it would be cheaper to wait until we are on the ship. On the NCL site it is currently showing $23.94 for 6/ $41.94 for 12/ $59.94 for 24.

I think the website prices are inclusive of the 20% gratuity so it actually costs the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeanKC said:

I think the website prices are inclusive of the 20% gratuity so it actually costs the same.

I think you're right! The difference between the two prices is exactly 20%.

Both the paper in the onboard photo and the listing on the NCL site say that a 20% gratuity will be added. But I put one in my cart and went all the way to the payment page, and the price stayed the same ($59.94 for 24) and the payment page shows the message, "Total price shown above is inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees."

So I guess that means that there are no onboard water specials and, therefore, the price is the same whether you buy ahead of time or on the ship.

Thanks for the input!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, psalm104 said:

May sure that you add 20% gratuities to all onboard prices. The prices from the online site already add those to the price of the packages. 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 7/27/2023 at 11:39 PM, drneal said:

When I booked the cruise on Joy directly with NCL I was told that there are water filing stations spread around the ship and that I should bring a water bottle. 

Yes. There are water dispensers in the buffet. As Bird mentioned, use a clean glass to fill your water bottle. You can also ask any bar tended to fill your bottle for you from the water gun.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 11:39 PM, drneal said:

Deny. NCL does not have any water filling stations. 

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Deny. NCL does not have any water filling stations. 

BirdTravels is right, as usual. Water filling stations are like these, most often combined with drinking fountains, and I have never seen one on a NCL ship:

https://images.globalindustrial.com/images/pdp/ELK_EZSDWSLK.jpg?t=1690453598000

NCL does have water dispensers in the buffet, designed for glasses of water. You cannot put your water bottle under them directly. You have to use a glass, fill it, then empty the glass into your water bottle. Because the glasses are small you have to do this two or three times to fill up most water bottles.

You can also ask a bartender to fill up your water bottle at a bar, but I have never done this. It seems an imposition to take his time doing that when people are waiting for drinks.

You can also use the tap water in the cabin bathroom, but the water is chlorinated and, to me, tastes like pool water.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:09 AM, BirdTravels said:

May sure that you add 20% gratuities to all onboard prices. The prices from the online site already add those to the price of the packages. 

If you bring empty plastic water bottles in your luggage, you will not pay a 20% gratuitity. So bring the empty water bottes and fill up in your cabin sink and save allot of money. Bon Voyage!

2 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

If you bring empty plastic water bottles in your luggage, you will not pay a 20% gratuity. So bring the empty water bottes and fill up in your cabin sink and save allot of money. Bon Voyage!

Hah???? My comment quoted someone who was noting a difference between the onboard water prices and the pre-order water prices (which already includes the 20% grats).

I'll share what's really in your cabin sink water (usually a bit more diluted)

image.png.a5f4c1e9be13859e84d72ca71a289b70.png

image.png.81ae539248f1b6b8f495fcfe2334a09a.png

On 7/30/2023 at 1:16 PM, ggTexasGal said:

ONLY when you purchase the PREMIUM PLUS BEVERAGE package, or purchase the Free at Sea Plus package deal!

We upgraded all of our future bookings when NCL started offering the FAS Plus program last month for $49 pp/day, as we would usually pay the extra anyway for many of its additional perks. 😀

image.thumb.png.03ca210801a0508976fdf477e6931636.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Hah???? My comment quoted someone who was noting a difference between the onboard water prices and the pre-order water prices (which already includes the 20% grats).

I haven't experienced that water, but if you have, I would recommend buying their water! Also, let the Captain know! Bon Voyage!

On 7/30/2023 at 12:22 AM, fshagan said:

You can also ask a bartender to fill up your water bottle at a bar, but I have never done this. It seems an imposition to take his time doing that when people are waiting for drinks.

I'll only ask for this if they have nobody else waiting.  I usually fill in my room and have yet to experience what @BirdTravels did, on 4 NCL cruises on 3 ships.

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Drama party of one your table is ready.  Please stop posting this same exaggeration every time someone says the water is safe.  Don't you think if what you are saying is what's truly coming out of faucets except in the obviously one time it happened, that you wouldn't be the only one saying it.  It isn't right to try to scare people when in reality cruise ship water is cleaner, purer and safer than many people's home water.  Guess I should never drink water in my home since once a year when hydrants are flushed it gets a little brown for a few gallons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2