New Princess Embarkation rules???

Moxiefurball

14 minutes ago, Moxiefurball said:

So if you both have completed checklist and had medallions sent home, you can get faster boarding.

What about if I’ve already asked for first group in app and also platinum priority boarding.

SEE ARTICLE,

https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-details-new-embarkation-procedure/106468

Arrival times haven’t neant anything for a long time. Priority boarding only means that you can sit in the priority boarding area until boarding starts

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Arrival times haven’t neant anything for a long time. Priority boarding only means that you can sit in the priority boarding area until boarding starts

Then why do they bother to ask you in  medallion app for a preferred boarding time with assigned Group's ?

2 hours ago, Moxiefurball said:

Then why do they bother to ask you in  medallion app for a preferred boarding time with assigned Group's ?

It was some Covid BS that never amounted to anything.  They originally intended to try and control the number of guests flowing through the terminal.  (Of course all those guests end up on a ship together anyway).  Just forget about it since it is all gone bye-bye now.

ETA:  Just show up for check-in when you planned to already.

Edited by Steelers36

4 hours ago, Moxiefurball said:

I wouldn't take that source for gospel.  It's really just a report of the TA webinar conducted by Carmen Roig last week.  I wouldn't say they have any special insight at all.  Have you seen the main thread on this topic (reporting on the seminar and changes coming)?

I don't see any changes of "rules" implied in that Cruisehive article. 

Anyways, there are existing threads on the new embarkation modifications. It's mostly centered on the improvements they've tried to make to the app. If you don't care about the app, then there's nothing to worry about.

Thread 1: 

Thread 2:

15 hours ago, memoak said:

That's true, but now I wonder how it'll be when lots more people will show up earlier then they might have previously?

• Like 1