Limited transatlantic sailings from Rome

Ann DiTullio

After years of loyalty to Celebrity (and Royal Caribbean) they have drastically cut their transatlantic sailings from Rome to Florida. They leave form Spain and that would be an extra cost for Italy. The thing that burns me most is that I sent an email inquiry two months ago and have recieved no response from them. I guess I will be going from Elite Plus to another cruise line.

There are several transats from Rome (and Barcelona, and Lisbon, and Northern ports) with various cruise lines. If Civitavecchia is your determining factor, why are you limiting your options to Celebrity?

I just saw your name and assume that you are from Italy - Ma Signora - it is not that difficult to get from anywhere in Italy to Barcelona.

Edited by RD64
Additional

I don't know how attached you are to X, or when you want to travel, but Princess has a TA from Rome to FLL:

15 Night Cruise from Rome to Fort Lauderdale

Princess Cruises

Enchanted Princess

15 Night Cruise

Departure Date: Thu, Nov 23, 2023

Embarkation Port: Rome

Return Date: Fri, Dec 08, 2023

Disembarkation Port: Fort Lauderdale

3 hours ago, Ann DiTullio said:

They leave f[ro]m Spain and that would be an extra cost for Italy. 

ALL the transats are clearly listed on the websites---not sure what additional help an email response would be.  I see 2 X and 2 RCCL available from Rome---4 of the 11 transats.  5 from BCN, 2 from Southampton. Considering most these ships had basically been homeporting from these regions all summer, what would you propose?

5 hours ago, Ann DiTullio said:

After years of loyalty to Celebrity (and Royal Caribbean) they have drastically cut their transatlantic sailings from Rome to Florida. They leave form Spain and that would be an extra cost for Italy. The thing that burns me most is that I sent an email inquiry two months ago and have recieved no response from them. I guess I will be going from Elite Plus to another cruise line.

Welcome to cruise critic

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jwlane said:

ALL the transats are clearly listed on the websites---not sure what additional help an email response would be.  I see 2 X and 2 RCCL available from Rome---4 of the 11 transats.  5 from BCN, 2 from Southampton. Considering most these ships had basically been homeporting from these regions all summer, what would you propose?

10 minutes ago, Ann DiTullio said:

one sailing from Rome to Florida. 

10/30 Beyond and 11/6 Connie.  14 & 16 nights.  What are (or aren't) you looking at?

Edited by jwlane

29 minutes ago, Ann DiTullio said:

Sorry to correct you, but there is only one sailing from Rome to Florida. In years past there have been 3 or 4. The sailing is 13 days which is short for a transatlantic.

I think he must’ve missed something there are two this year. The beyond has a 14 day Crossing ending in Fort Lauderdale and the constellation has a 16 day Crossing ending in Tampa.  Where do you see a 13 day Crossing? Which ship?

41 minutes ago, Ann DiTullio said:

Sorry to correct you, but there is only one sailing from Rome to Florida. In years past there have been 3 or 4. The sailing is 13 days which is short for a transatlantic.

I’m confused.  With what purpose was the OP trying to contact Celebrity? 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Explorer OTS has a 13, Odyssey OTS 15.

34 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I think he must’ve missed something there are two this year. The beyond has a 14 day Crossing ending in Fort Lauderdale and the constellation has a 16 day Crossing ending in Tampa.  Where do you see a 13 day Crossing? Which ship?

2024 not this year.  Sorry for the confusion. I book a year in advance.

32 minutes ago, Ann DiTullio said:

2024 not this year.  Sorry for the confusion. I book a year in advance.

I understand your disappointment.

Its what happens when they decided to move the Beyond to be in the Caribbean next summer.  They took one ship out of the European sailings.  In truth they will not make everyone happy with only 13 ships, not counting the Galapagos ones.  

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

I’m confused.  With what purpose was the OP trying to contact Celebrity? 

I think it was to complain about there not being more TAs from Rome.

26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

how hard is it to get to Barcelona from your location? 

Consider the time/expense to get to the east coast for a TA for most in the US---not nearly as convenient.

Also disappointed in this as I have always wanted to take a westbound TA from Rome on either Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. The only ship in either fleet taking a TA from Rome in the fall of 2024 is Odyssey of the Seas leaving Nov 2024 to Cape Liberty NJ...

Fortunately, will not have time in the fall of 2024 to take such a cruise....2025-6, maybe a TA from Rome on Celebrity or Royal will appear...

Edited by padgman1