Evening Attire On Formal Evening(s)

Keith1010

Batman had to contend with only one Joker, and he was always a gentleman with regard to all good citizens.

The cape I am inquiring about falls only to the waist, and is attached at the shoulders of a black velvet bolero jacket which can be affixed with a bowtie. It has very few sparkly things, so if not for the cape, it might not stand out in a crowded room at all.

57 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

No surprise there at all - he wasn’t compliant with the dress code 

I suspect “thrown out” actually meant he was politely reminded of the dress code and asked to comply should he wish to stay in the Cove after 6pm. This is hardly issue where Security would be called to deal with the matter

I used the term  "thrown out" too casually. In contrast, there have been multiple occasions when "violations" much more egregious were not dealt with...the 2 very hirsute and muscular men who showed up every day in their "wife beaters" for breakfast, just gross; and the woman who daily came in her bathrobe and slippers to the Bistro. Honestly those are rather blatant in your face "I'm going to dress my way" attitudes that really are offensive. The bermudas may have been wrong, but they weren't offensive.

Edited by NWX

3 hours ago, LoveBora said:

I don’t wear gowns or any kind of glitz anymore. I wear nice black pants with various dressy tops. That’s not going to change. And I don’t wear heels anymore, just dressy, comfy black flats. I hope I won’t be banned because I don’t dress to the nines. 

We can eat together as you’ve just described as good as it gets from me.

😜😎😀

Patty

On 7/19/2023 at 1:22 AM, TER777 said:

Previously there was a post that said the first three segments on the Symphony would have no formal nights. I note the 3rd segment, Venice to Rome is 8 days. As per the above it would have a formal night. 

Which is correct?

I got the answer.

Because the third cruise is so port intensive they decided not to have a formal night on this cruise.

Keith 

Keith,

I have not seen anything about the 8-night Serenity cruise from Southampton to Reykjavik, which is also port intensive.  Will there be a formal night on that cruise, and if so, which one?

Also, are you able to find out what time Serenity gets into Reykjavik on Aug. 29th, and whether we will be able to get off for dinner in town if we desire?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

Keith,

I have not seen anything about the 8-night Serenity cruise from Southampton to Reykjavik, which is also port intensive.  Will there be a formal night on that cruise, and if so, which one?

Also, are you able to find out what time Serenity gets into Reykjavik on Aug. 29th, and whether we will be able to get off for dinner in town if we desire?

Thanks

I was told one formal and that would be August 28.  

For the time of arrival let me suggest you have your TA reach out to on board guest services to see if they can get that information for you.

Keith