Upgrade to mini suite

kasowell2

6 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, that makes perfect sense.  Isn’t ageing fun?  I’m getting a new knee this fall and then another in the spring.  I think caring for and lifting multiple dogs on and off has impacted my mobility. I might have to give that up sooner than I’d like.

I have hip and knee replacements on my right side so I know exactly what you mean

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TAW1963 said:

That is an awesome room!  We have D730 on the Sky this fall for a 15 day transatlantic. The mini suites were not much more but for us this cabin is perfect.  With the aft facing balconies there is minimal wind too, which can make the balcony much more comfortable when cruising at 20+ knots.  

We would not have traded it for any other cabin short of the full suite next door.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 8:43 PM, TAW1963 said:

That is an awesome room!  We have D730 on the Sky this fall for a 15 day transatlantic. The mini suites were not much more but for us this cabin is perfect.  With the aft facing balconies there is minimal wind too, which can make the balcony much more comfortable when cruising at 20+ knots.  

If this is the tropical passage in November, then you are our next door neighbour!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, TAW1963 said:

I had D730 on Sky last month cruising Norway & Iceland.  You will not be disappointed!  It was my first time in an aft facing balcony and I loved it!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TN-Mountains said:

I had D730 on Sky last month cruising Norway & Iceland.  You will not be disappointed!  It was my first time in an aft facing balcony and I loved it!  

That’s so good to hear!  Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Bedruthen said:

If this is the tropical passage in November, then you are our next door neighbour!

How cool is that!  We are officially neighbors for we are on the tropical passage.  We look forward to meeting you!

On 7/19/2023 at 10:19 AM, memoak said:

The lip of the tub is very high and for someone with multiple artificial joints it is very difficult. When we bought our current condo we took out the tub and put in a shower with a very low lip

I also didn't care for the high step down out of the tub. At home we took the tub out completely and had a wider, walk-in shower installed. Not inexpensive but sooooooooooooooo worth it! Rain shower head as well as a hand-held head, a grab bar, and a bench in the corner. I have balance issues and this is massively better.

My 2¢ worth: If it's an aft facing Premium Deluxe Balcony I would stay put. Some folks don't like the aft facing balconies at all - too much vibration, etc. but we love an aft facing balcony. Sadly, we usually don't book them as they are significantly more expensive than a "regular" balcony. On Grand class ships we book Caribe balconies.

• Like 3

Our first time on Sky and first mini suite. I managed to get an angled extended balcony on caribe. A bit of extra leg room as I was surprised how narrow the balconies were.

We sail next Sat (29th) and have had 3 emails with offer to bid on upgrade, but unless I bid on a suite I won't gain anything and I rather spend the difference on something else.

11 hours ago, TAW1963 said:

How cool is that!  We are officially neighbors for we are on the tropical passage.  We look forward to meeting you!

We are in D728. We promise to be quiet! Our first time back on Princess for over 10 years, so looking forward to a change of cruise line. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bedruthen said:

We are in D728. We promise to be quiet! Our first time back on Princess for over 10 years, so looking forward to a change of cruise line. 

Wow, literally right next door!  We promise to be quite too!  We are relatively new to cruising but plan to cruise as much as we can for as long as life permits.  This will be our first transatlantic.