Score!

I  remember when a waiter would come around after dinner with a tray full of those drinks but haven't seen that in ages. Actually heard of folks not realizing they were being sold and  just kept drinking them as the cruise went on not realizing the cost, not sure if this is just a tall tale.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, zebra36 said:

I  remember when a waiter would come around after dinner with a tray full of those drinks but haven't seen that in ages. Actually heard of folks not realizing they were being sold and  just kept drinking them as the cruise went on not realizing the cost, not sure if this is just a tall tale.

Tall tale as you had to provide your card and sign for them just like any drink.  Maybe the first one they didn't realize, until they had to sign for it.  

But it wasn't that much, I bought 6 of them at one time, seems like the metal ones were free though (not the spirit but the glass), I only have 2 of them, they were several colors, I got purple ones, different color for different flavors, but that was way back in the early 2000's.  I still think I'd like Amaretto or something after dinner wish they still did them.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

But it wasn't that much, I bought 6 of them at one time, seems like the metal ones were free though (not the spirit but the glass), I only have 2 of them, they were several colors, I got purple ones, different color for different flavors, but that was way back in the early 2000's.  I still think I'd like Amaretto or something after dinner wish they still did them.

I do too.  I also wish they still had the ship shape dollars.

Won on our 1st RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruise Line) Sun Viking cruise in 1984 for participating in the showroom show .

On that tiny 17,000 ton ship the cruise director incorporated guests in most entertainment.

Nice 7 night 1 way itinerary Barbados to Miami and vice/versa.

I can’t imagine ever giving out ash trays now a days 😉

IMG_0682.jpeg

I have a pair of Royal Caribbean footed hurricane glasses with an applied logo—glass, not plastic. Found them at a thrift store and had to have them. Not sure when they would date to, i.e., when they stopped giving out glass and switched to plastic.

On 7/19/2023 at 5:31 PM, soremekun said:

I have this on my fridge at home.  Makes me think of cruising, however, I'll never bring it with me.

image.thumb.jpeg.aa1464679e62616ea2263b835b0421eb.jpeg

Place it on your cabin door, upside down, and you will make plenty of friends on your next cruise. 😂

• Haha 2