Are there pools for kids on Apex?

xps15z

Looking through videos I was only able to spot one pool on the Apex. I have a 3 and 6 year old by the time we sail in December for the holidays. Curious if there's a separate smaller pool just for kids. If so does anyone have photos or a video I could see? Thanks in advance!

There is none. There are two pools for most passenger, one in the resort deck and one in the Solarium.  The Solarium pool is normally Adults Only although they will have family hour on occasion if the weather at the main pool is inclement.  The Resort deck also has a small plunge pool for Retreat guests only.  Royal Caribbean would be a better choice for kids if you haven't already committed to Celebrity.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

There is none. There are two pools for most passenger, one in the resort deck and one in the Solarium.  The Solarium pool is normally Adults Only although they will have family hour on occasion if the weather at the main pool is inclement.  The Resort deck also has a small plunge pool for Retreat guests only.  Royal Caribbean would be a better choice for kids if you haven't already committed to Celebrity.

Thanks, I only sail on Royal Caribbean. But I have a chance to do a sailing for Christmas. Just came off Wonder of the Seas, and I only have done Oasis class ships. I am not looking for a ship that is tailored for children. I know Celebrity is geared towards 50+. Was just curious if there was an additional pool or not so I know what to expect in that regard.

Least now I know there's just one main pool only. Thank you again!

Edited by xps15z

We have sailed Edge class with a child at 4.5y, and a year later at 5.5y.  Specific to the Resort Deck Pool we found it cleared out (and not because we were present) around 4/4:30 pm on most days, and on port days it would be light use until sailaway (again clearing out earlier than we would have thought).  Early mornings seem slow, too.  We have seen adults be able to swim laps.  Tip: solarium floor and forward elevator lobby can get slippery (saw adults fall hard).  Also, book excursion beach club reservations early.

FWIW - Our child loved the running track, Eden (early seatings, and plenty of opportunity to take supervised walks between courses), Le Petite Bistro, pizza and sitting at rear of OVC, Scoops, etc.  Camp at Sea staff was personal, friendly, and you'll see them around during breaks, which helps a bunch.  Family activities in destination gateway or club were fun too.  Found the crew to be family friendly, and fully trained that happy youngsters make happy families.  Catch the early magician type show (may be once per cruise), as the inspiration and interactivity is perfect for sailers of all ages.  Enjoy.  Just a few more months.  

• Like 3

Some put young children in hot tubs.not healthy for them and theh will be hanging out with adults..some drinking while they are in there...

You could bring  small blow up..if they let you put it out someplace??

As noted, no pool that is kids only. Toilet trained children (no diapers or swim diapers allowed) are allowed in the main pool only under direct adult supervision. The solarium pool MAY be open for designated family hours at the Captain's discretion (cold weather).

Your kids are allowed in the main pool as long as they are toilet trained. Have a great cruise with your family. We took our family to Alaska in June on the Eclipse with a young one and had a great time.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 10:21 PM, mom says said:

As noted, no pool that is kids only. Toilet trained children (no diapers or swim diapers allowed) are allowed in the main pool only under direct adult supervision. The solarium pool MAY be open for designated family hours at the Captain's discretion (cold weather).

That's not necessarily true. On our February cruise on the Summit they opened up the solarium for families every afternoon for a couple hours despite gorgeous caribbean weather the entire trip.

On 7/22/2023 at 8:45 PM, jwlane said:

(answering without all the judgemental advice)

No.

Answering WITH all the judgmental advice.

Yes there are family hours in the solarium.  It does not mean the hot tub is the kiddie pool during the day.  On my last cruise there was a sign warning adults to use it no more than 15 minutes.  I don't think kids should be in it that long either.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Yes there are family hours in the solarium.  

Refer to OP's original questions.

"Are there pools for kids on Apex?"

"Curious if there's a separate smaller pool just for kids."

Still no.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Still no.

Yeah I can read.  Thanks for the assist.

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

Still no.

Very true but for some reason the hot tubs often seem to be full of small kids. And they stay for a long time. The 15 minute sign is actually well meaning. Hot tubs should not be used longer than 20 minutes and that is for adults. Under five should not be in the hot tub. Older kids should not be in long. 

Edited by Charles4515