How to find B2B Japan cruises?

numnums

Hi, been meaning to find a b2b Japan cruise because flying gives me terrible anxiety.

I usually only find one way trips to japan though, how does the ship come back?

Open to any lines as well, but i'm seeing the same for HAL and Princess or cruises already in japan.

Many thanks.

2 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

The ships go in that direction for their seasonal routes. It will come back in a few months

Oh, that's quite unfortunate. I was hoping to stay in japan for a few while coming back on ship. If it'll take months I suppose I do have to fly back.

Just now, numnums said:

Oh, that's quite unfortunate. I was hoping to stay in japan for a few while coming back on ship. If it'll take months I suppose I do have to fly back.

the cruises will show as trans Pacific

14 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If this helps we’re just finishing up a Japan B2B where I’ve been posting to a Live From thread and having a great time in a Reserve Collection mini-suite cabin. 😁

Looks so much fun! I would love to do stuff like this, i just get stressed arriving at the destination if it's not by cruise! lol!

I wonder why they never return to usa port in a timely manner, I feel like it would be a lucrative venture for those who don't want to fly and just want to go to these destinations without having to get long flights.

2 hours ago, numnums said:

Looks so much fun! I would love to do stuff like this, i just get stressed arriving at the destination if it's not by cruise! lol!

I wonder why they never return to usa port in a timely manner, I feel like it would be a lucrative venture for those who don't want to fly and just want to go to these destinations without having to get long flights.

I remember prior to the pandemic we had a Celebrity transpacific cruise booked from Tokyo to Vancouver, with a stop in Russia. But I just checked and they don’t offer that cruise anymore, and Princess just offers roundtrip Tokyo cruises. 

It’s pretty much like cruises to Europe or South America.  The ship goes there at the beginning of the season, stay for several cruises over the next months and then return or go on to their next location.  

i know if no line that imitates the kind of ocean transits over and back year round the way Cunard does between New York and Europe.   

4 hours ago, numnums said:

The Pacific ocean is huge. Its not cost effective to cross it and then cross it again.  Almost all ships are positioned to take advantage of the tourist "season" in each part of the world.

That said, there are cruises where you could do, say, 14 days around Japan and then a 14-day trans-Pacific cruise (with very few ports), but that is IF you are willing to fly one-way.  I don't know about Celebrity but HAL has at least one of these per season coming back to Alaska after the cherry-blossom season ends in Japan. They have another one going in the opposite direction at the start of the season.

• Like 2

Often the easiest way it to find the ship that is doing the TransPacific and then go to a site like Cruise Finder an click on all of the itineraries of the ship.    I took a quick look at Millennium and looks like she will not be returning to to the US this year, she will be doing a couple winter Singapore, Benoa and trips to India before returning to Japan in May of 2024

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Celebrity-Millennium-622?tab=itinerary#itinerary

image.thumb.png.ab8f615e495fabe503ef1c0b57c4f017.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Often the easiest way it to find the ship that is doing the TransPacific and then go to a site like Cruise Finder an click on all of the itineraries of the ship.    I took a quick look at Millennium and looks like she will not be returning to to the US this year, she will be doing a couple winter Singapore, Benoa and trips to India before returning to Japan in May of 2024

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Celebrity-Millennium-622?tab=itinerary#itinerary

Thanks for the site, this makes it so much easier to look at timelines. Here's hoping I get lucky in the future and can match an itinerary between cruise lines.

2 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Cruise lines lose money on transpacific cruises, so they only do them when absolutely necessary to make money on more leisure routes.

Oh wow, with the above explanation that does make more sense. I was also told they need to avoid typhoon season as well.

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I remember prior to the pandemic we had a Celebrity transpacific cruise booked from Tokyo to Vancouver, with a stop in Russia. But I just checked and they don’t offer that cruise anymore, and Princess just offers roundtrip Tokyo cruises. 

Yes, I don't necessarily need it to be a USA port since i can also fly back from canada at a reasonable time, since I really don't want to be on a 22 HR flight, if you know what I mean.

I suppose I'll just have to wait in the future for more japan itineraries to open up. Was hoping to mix & match boats at least. I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye out for HAL and Celebrity, those are the only lines I can find at the moment that actually travel between to and from the destination.

Glad the link to Cruise Mapper worked.   I use it all the time when searching for B2B opportunities.   It is especially helpful when looking at b2b's with different itineraries.    I also use it a lot when on a cruise to determine our exact location.

Just found one on the Royal Princess starting Apr 27, 2024 with 6 ports in Japan. But you’ll have to fly to Tokyo first, which is about an 11 hour flight from San Francisco. But on the bright side, you can fly home from either Anchorage or Vancouver, depending on which itinerary you like best. 😁

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/results/?date=0424&port=YOK