Royal Caribbean, A Lie is a Lie

Perfect example of one of the reasons we are leaving Royal. Just too many cut backs that they have got away with by blaming Covid. No it not Covid it’s called being greedy.

we have been loyal to Royal for years. But with the food, service, and all the cut backs it’s time for us to move on to a company that really appreciates our business. I truly believe Royal has shot themselves in the foot. General attitudes on the ships has changed dramatically and I personally think they could care less. Up charge, Up charge and more Up charge. You can have your fancy slides, zip lines, and merry go rounds.

but you are losing the people who paid to make Royal great. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

But he continues to put money into Royal's checking account and hates on others.

@firefly333 is a woman.  She supports multiple cruise lines and is entitled to her opinions. 

Personally, I prefer milk in my coffee.  

😉 

Happy cruising to all of you. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SailorMarg said:

Please know that I realize the “lie” within this post might seem trivial, but I am making the post anyway.  Mostly because at some point I begin to feel like Royal Caribbean, as a company, has developed a culture of creating an illusion of good intent and good value when what they are actually doing is making cut after cut without being honest and up front about it. They are decreasing the value while trying to hide the decrease from their customers. So, my example may seem trivial, but it is a clear example of my point…Royal Caribbean putting a shiny cheap cover up over a degrading product.  Case in point… I am currently on the President’s Cruise and went to get a cup of coffee at Cafe Promenade last night.  There were two containers at the coffee prep area one marked milk and one marked half and half. Knowing this subject is one of interest I tested both for what they contained.  They contained an identical product, milk.  I have read this same thing from others who has found the same thing over the past year.  So I do not believe this to be an isolated incident. Royal Caribbean, if you’re only going to provide milk and not half and half then do not lie to your customers about offering half and half as an option.  It is insulting and speaks to lack of honesty and integrity.  It makes one question what else you are not being honest about.  What other short cuts are you taking and purposely misleading your customers about?  Whereas I can accept changes and cuts as Royal tries to turn around a bad financial situation, I can not accept being lied to along the way.  If you’re going to remove a product, remove the product.  But don’t lie about it and intentionally mislead your customers.  Again, I know the “lie” might seem trivial.  My post is to speak to the greater idea that once a dog kills a chicken, it can not be trusted around chickens.  Once I am purposely misled, I then question everything.

5 minutes ago, mets07 said:

@firefly333 is a woman.  She supports multiple cruise lines and is entitled to her opinions. 

Personally, I prefer milk in my coffee.  

😉 

Happy cruising to all of you. 

Of course she is! She's even entitled to 'hate' on other's opinions as well. Such as it is. 

3 minutes ago, Cruisemaster54 said:

Another perfect reason why we are done with Royal amongst many of the other cutbacks.

Enjoy cruising.  We are definitely not there yet, we love Royal.  I guess I just don’t understand why you would follow a Royal thread if you are done with them.  Why does anything that anyone says on here matter to you anymore?

• Like 4

Just now, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Of course she is! She's even entitled to 'hate' on other's opinions as well. Such as it is. 

I don't take it as hate. Disagreement, bluntly stated, perhaps. 

Life is too short!  Best to all. Happy cruising.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruisemaster54 said:

Perfect example of one of the reasons we are leaving Royal. Just too many cut backs that they have got away with by blaming Covid. No it not Covid it’s called being greedy.

we have been loyal to Royal for years. But with the food, service, and all the cut backs it’s time for us to move on to a company that really appreciates our business. I truly believe Royal has shot themselves in the foot. General attitudes on the ships has changed dramatically and I personally think they could care less. Up charge, Up charge and more Up charge. You can have your fancy slides, zip lines, and merry go rounds.

So where you going instead of Royal?  Would love to know, Cruisemaster.  Thanks for sharing.

35 minutes ago, Cruisemaster54 said:

In less than two weeks we'll be on on 12th cruise w/ Royal and our first since Sept 2019. We're very excited of course but also a bit concerned about the cutbacks. We'll experience firsthand these changes and if the 'wow' factor has left RCL, we'll be right behind it. I'm not sure what to expect. Reading these boards helps. one educate themselves some but it also can make one a bit jaded as well. It's a balance for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

In less than two weeks we'll be on on 12th cruise w/ Royal and our first since Sept 2019. We're very excited of course but also a bit concerned about the cutbacks. We'll experience firsthand these changes and if the 'wow' factor has left RCL, we'll be right behind it. I'm not sure what to expect. Reading these boards helps. one educate themselves some but it also can make one a bit jaded as well. It's a balance for sure. 

We have a couple coming up this year also. Hope you have a great time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

In six weeks, I'll be on my 27th cruise w/ Royal and my first since May 2023 (8th since the restart).  

Definitely noticed the cutbacks in May.  But nothing that really was a big deal to me.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

We will be on our 24th with Royal since the restart.  We have also been on Celebrity twice and we are fine with the changes.

• Like 2

Everybody is cutting back. It's called survival. I've been on 3 Royal cruises since the restart, and have a 4th one booked for next year, and haven't had one cutback that i couldn't live without. I go knowing something will change, but i won't let it stop me from enjoying the cruise.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We will be on our 24th with Royal since the restart.  We have also been on Celebrity twice and we are fine with the changes.

Wow 24th since the re-start! I don't know that I've been to a grocery store 24 times since the re-start! LOL

But it's very nice to hear. We sure hope we have the same thoughts. But to be honest, I so disliked the seperation of the passengers during the re-start. It really sent a message to everyone of us. And now, reading this board, the negativity can really mess w/ you. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SailorMarg said:

Another example of this same misleading practice from Royal is that they insist on keeping the “Crab Cake” on their menu when it has been Imitation Krab for quite some time.  Call it what it is, a seafood cake.  To call it a Crab Cake is purposely misleading and another example of decreasing value and product while trying to maintain the appearance of an elevated product that you no longer provide.  In less wordy terms, it is a lie.

I'd bet many to most Restaurants that serve Crab Cakes call them that though they inc some or all Imitation, it's nothing new. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

It's called survival.

Aren't we all in the same boat.  Our grocery bill has tripled since 2020!...can no longer afford the ribeye we were getting anymore...2 pk today was $47 at our Wally World!  You don't think a company has to cut back like the rest of us...I don't think it's greed at all.  But that's my humble opinion.  We're still cruising.  You watch closely for deals and economize where you can, they do too.  I'm not fooled by anything they've done, to them it's necessary and I don't naysay them for it.  They had a few contracts to fulfill too. It is what it is.  We will remain with this line because I don't see that the others will do any different...go over to their boards, it's all the same and some are just going out of business...period.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I hate it when rcl loyalists post rubbish like if you are not 100% pleased you should go cruise another line, over something trivial. It gets tiring to hear go cruise another line if every single thing isnt perfect. Over cream?? The OP noted what seems like another cutback. Why are people rushing to say go to another line if they post even a tiny negative. Very judgemental. 

But it’s ok that people who have some explanation or reasoning are called loyalists or cheerleaders or crazy. Got it. 

Two things, hearing people complain calling something pretty trivial a “lie” is more over the top than telling them to go to another line. Second, prices are so high right now that suggesting people go to another line helps financially. 

So, personally, I’m tired of being labeled a cheerleader. Especially when it works it just increases demand. So it’s a lot easier and cheaper to tell you to move on. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Toddcan said:

What do the signs on the containers look like? Are they easily changeable?  What's behind my question is that they might need 2 containers to keep up with demand, but if they only have one marked "milk", they they simply reused the 2nd container.  However, I agree with you... there at least should be a small sign, even near the spigot saying "this container is milk".  

I'm not convinced though that this is done with intent. For sure a mistake, but I do not believe this was an active sin of deception - rather an oversight 

11 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I highly doubt this is something they are doing on purpose. The staff probably don't realize its a big deal, and just fill them both with Milk.  I'm fine with negative opinions, I just think that assuming a large company is going to hide the fact that the half and half is actually milk just seems a little far fetched

Allow me to blow holes in your theories  !

Masking tape and a sharpie...First problem solved

People are very particular about how they want their coffee . Staff would definitely know this !

Would they also use a container marked tea , and put coffee in it if they happened to need an extra container ? 

No , because that is not a deception they could get away with . If this is indeed happening the way OP states , It is clearly deception ... and just wrong

>>I also do not drink coffee ...!

Cheers

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Masking tape and a sharpie...First problem solved

And likewise may we blow holes in yours....simply ASK for some half n half.  Problem solved.  Ok peace out, I'm done this is just too ridiculous for words any more...and I never told anyone to go elsewhere all I was curious about was if they were so dis-satisfied, why continue to cruise RCCL.

Edited by BecciBoo

12 hours ago, SailorMarg said:

this post might seem trivial, but I am making the post anyway.   Again, I know the “lie” might seem trivial.  

Yup. This seems very trivial and the accusations of wrong doing are unsubstantiated. 

• Haha 2