Tell me what Premium liquors / drinks you Love / I Want!

golf4me2010

We purchased the P+ for many reasons. It works for us. We also have VIBE access which also is what we want. 

I have a few favorites but this is a perfect opportunity to try various brands I may not have experienced. Tell me some brands, wines etc that may be under the radar. Maybe a certain drink. Open to hearing what I could miss. 

I for one can’t wait to try some whiskies! Especially in my old fashions! The wife is looking forward to some new wines. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

We got the P+ package on our most recent Prima cruise and this is what we enjoyed most with it. Note that not all of these may be available when you sail:

- Fresh squeezed juices! We would head to the bar in the buffet and order OJ, mimosas, and other orange-juice based cocktails (like a rum swizzle) and ask them to make it with fresh juice rather than the pre-packaged juices. SO much better.
- Bottles of Acqua Panna and San Pellegrino. We would often request extra 1L bottles to bring back to our cabin after dinner.
- We drank a lot of Veuve, but we understand that it may no longer be available or may no longer be covered by P+. YMMV. We also enjoyed many of the other champagnes available, including the Pommery Rose.
- We tried all of the Macallans. Enigma was our favorite.
- Journeyman Featherbone bourbon is from a very small distillery in Michigan. We were surprised to see that it is now carried onboard at some of the bars. Definitely one to try, since you really can't get it everywhere.
- Loved the Woodford Old Fashioned. It is actually priced under $15 as a cocktail, even though Woodford is usually more on its own.
- If you are on a ship that has Whiskey Orchard Press (one of the "Cocktails on Tap"), it is worth trying. Also under $15, but tasty!
- Starbucks! I am usually not a big Starbucks drinker, but I really loved the nitro cold brew coffees (try it with any of the flavored cold foams). Walk your Starbucks over to any bar and you can ask them to add a shot of Baileys (or your liquor of choice) to it.

Unfortunately, none of the wines really jumped out to us as memorable. Also, supply chain issues seem to be impacting the wine lists onboard, since many of our first choices weren't available (or weren't available in every restaurant).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Drink the good stuff in port. Premium brand drinks...particularly fizz and most spirits on most lines on pretty standard.

I'm still baffled why every non European cruiser goes nuts over grey goose for instance. The French really can't make Vodka like Northern Europe can. 

Traditional rums on cruise ships I can get on with however.

Edited by Velvetwater

NCL appears to have removed Hennessy XO from the list of spirits covered by the Premium Plus package. 

On 7/25/2023 at 10:23 PM, dbrown84 said:

Macallan Enigma (or you can try all the Macallans)

Henessy XO

41 minutes ago, lexxfield said:

NCL appears to have removed Hennessy XO from the list of spirits covered by the Premium Plus package. 

Oh, wow.  Is it gone from ships completely, or do they consider it an experience now?

5 hours ago, Velvetwater said:

Drink the good stuff in port. Premium brand drinks...particularly fizz and most spirits on most lines on pretty standard.

I'm still baffled why every non European cruiser goes nuts over grey goose for instance. The French really can't make Vodka like Northern Europe can. 

Traditional rums on cruise ships I can get on with however.

What brand should I try? I choose Grey Goose on NCL over the well crap. Well...when I remember. 

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2023 at 1:52 PM, cruiseny4life said:

What brand should I try? I choose Grey Goose on NCL over the well crap. Well...when I remember. 

What does NCL stock these days? 

I would agree GG is better than say...Smirnoff but certainly not worth paying to upgrade a package for especially if its mixed with something else.

If you are drinking it straight go Belvedere which might be a premium upgrade maybe? It's Polish so they know how to do it. If you are mixing I'm sure NCL used to stock Stolichnaya which is cheaper over here in Europe but is made in a traditional premium way but not Russia anymore. 

15 hours ago, Velvetwater said:

What does NCL stock these days? 

I would agree GG is better than say...Smirnoff but certainly not worth paying to upgrade a package for especially if its mixed with something else.

If you are drinking it straight go Belvedere which might be a premium upgrade maybe? It's Polish so they know how to do it. If you are mixing I'm sure NCL used to stock Stolichnaya which is cheaper over here in Europe but is made in a traditional premium way but not Russia anymore. 

Thanks! That gives me a couple options. I'll certainly try ordering Belvedere or Stoli. I've always wanted to try Pravda, but haven't been successful (the hunt hasn't been exactly top of mind).

On 7/27/2023 at 6:05 AM, lexxfield said:

XO is still listed on the Plus page on the NCL website.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf

Edited by Liljo22

I ordered a PB & J drink - a shot of Skrewball along with a shot of Chambord. Get it on the rocks and it's actually quite good! Sweet...and you can really only have one but it was still worth it! 

Wine - was able to get Decoy which is quite good. DW also was able to get Iniskillin Ice Wine that she enjoyed thoroughly. 

On my Breakaway cruise in March of 2022, I was treated by Priscilla to a Louis XIII cognac.  It was a religious experience!  Is it worth the price?  I think it was, but only you can answer that!

Elvis

Edited by Elvis1209