The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday July 26th, 2023

richwmn

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:
As I thought, today was not a good day....we left the house at 8 this morning, and got back at 7 tonight. It appears that the cancer is now in his mouth. He met with a surgeon who wants to rebuild his whole face, he met with a radiologist, who thinks that radiology for a second time is the most dangerous course to take , and an oncologist who is suggesting immunotherapy- infusions.,  and right now besides me, he has no one to talk to.  And of course he has the eye infection.  They will allow the surgery on the left eye, as that  is the only working eye, they do not want the right eye messed with at all.  Messing with the scar tissue, may exasperate the existing cancer. 

@dfishI'm glad you enjoyed your seafood boil, but when we had it on the New Amsterdam we did not.  They said Dungeness crab (as we were in Alaska) and we got crab legs that were so over boiled, they bounced. We did get loads of shrimp, and they were over cooked too.  So good for You!

@Cruzin TerriWelcome home!

@kazuSending you hugs today.

Its too early for bed, but I'm beat, therapy tomorrow at 9 a.m., just to get to work with a therapist I like.
Well, at least it's not at 8 a.m......

252f927b7b73185f70ac1bb1708cd13f.jpg

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo !! I am not a looker and have just decided to read my family daily and respond only when necessary!! A lot of my family know who I am. First and foremost God bless you for all both of you are going through with medical, your jobs, and having a wonderful vacation on your last cruise! 
I am a retired DDS. Oral mouth cancer is so evasive. If there is a good possibility of immunotherapy infusions that is a good way. I agree on the radiologist. Full mouth reconstruction is big time I have done that and success rates are 50 to 50.

please if you can get a second opinion! I believe with new technology there are miracles!!

God Bless you both

Sincerely

Denise

I am in Maui at our home there now and won’t be back to our home in San Diego till September. I will be praying for guardian angels and our whole Daily family for positive energy for you

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:
As I thought, today was not a good day....we left the house at 8 this morning, and got back at 7 tonight. It appears that the cancer is now in his mouth. He met with a surgeon who wants to rebuild his whole face, he met with a radiologist, who thinks that radiology for a second time is the most dangerous course to take , and an oncologist who is suggesting immunotherapy- infusions.,  and right now besides me, he has no one to talk to.  And of course he has the eye infection.  They will allow the surgery on the left eye, as that  is the only working eye, they do not want the right eye messed with at all.  Messing with the scar tissue, may exasperate the existing cancer. 

@dfishI'm glad you enjoyed your seafood boil, but when we had it on the New Amsterdam we did not.  They said Dungeness crab (as we were in Alaska) and we got crab legs that were so over boiled, they bounced. We did get loads of shrimp, and they were over cooked too.  So good for You!

Its too early for bed, but I'm beat, therapy tomorrow at 9 a.m., just to get to work with a therapist I like.

Sorry to hear your DHs news Annie.

Prayers and good wishes from Pauline and me for successful treatment.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Annie,

I am so sorry to read this.   It makes me sad.  You and Chuck are in my prayers.  

Terri

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I am so very sorry to read this, Annie 😢 

My prayers for you and Chuck and that treatments can help him 🙏 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@marshhawk so sorry to hear this but may I make a suggestion. Given all the different advice you are getting I would see if you could get an appointment at a major cancer center for your husband,  MD Anderson or Sloan Kettering. Though there are good doctors everywhere these centers are on a totally different level.  The doctors exclusively treat the hardest cancers and they usually only do one type of cancer vs treating multiple kinds. They also have access to the latest studies and protocols.   It is so upsetting to hear this news and I wish you the best.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Looks wonderful 😋 but how do you eat it? I’ve had seafood boils but not in a soup. The ones I’ve had at restaurants the food (crab, shrimp, sausage, potatoes, corn on the cob, etc.) is boiled, drained, and then tossed onto the table that’s lined with butcher paper and you eat it with your hands. 

We pulled it out and ate it with our hands.  Very messy.

@marshhawk Annie, I’m so sorry to hear Chuck’s news.  Prayers and hugs for you!  

• Like 5

On 7/26/2023 at 5:22 AM, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Hump Day Daily Report.

A hot day in store for us, up to 37C (99F) this afternoon.  Bertie and I have already gone for a walk before it gets too hot.

I don't like All or Nothing, there's a lot of happiness in between.  I try to be a good aunt.  Not a big fan of tofu.

Interesting quote, I need to read that book.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I'd like to try the drink, hope the wine is good too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

It’s a great book! 

14 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Oh Annie, I am just So sorry!   Cancer makes you face horrendous choices.   Wishing you the best as you navigate this disease. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@tupper10Chuck's primary doc and oncologist are with Emory.  The cancer group he went to was Winship (Emory's cancer center).  They are one of the few Health care systems that have proton radiation therapy, and because they are affiliated with the university have access to all sorts of new chemo treatments.  

That said, I am also going to try to change his eating habits around to more fish and plant based foods. 
going to find a list of 10 best foods to fight cancer (i hope one of them is not Kale) and see if his way of living can be improved (without food poisoning)  Every little bit helps right?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1