The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday July 26th, 2023

richwmn

Today is All or Nothing Day, Aunt and Uncle Day, and World Tofu Day

There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.--John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Meal Suggestion for today - Korean Beef Steak Tacos
Drink of the Day - First Class 0
Wine of the Day - Elderton - Barossa Shiraz 2018
Destination of the Day - Pulau Langkawi Island, Malaysia Kedah

Today in History:
1803 The Surrey Iron Railway, arguably the world's first public railway, opens in south London

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2100

Nieuw Statendam

Copenhagen, Denmark 0700-1700

Noordam

Juneau, Alaska 1000-2200

Oosterdam

Civitavecchia

Rotterdam

Eidfjord, Norway 0900-1600

Volendam

Vancouver, Canada 0700-1600

Westerdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 1400-1800

Zaandam

Sydney, Nova Scotia 1000-2000

Zuiderdam

Corner Brook, Newfoundland 0800-1700

0726World.thumb.png.9b7a008d4d1d4599f9700c440b485f6e.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 13

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-op, lung infection, back on ECMO

Ger_77’s friends’ bad news

NextOne’s friend Denny with a large stroke, and his DW Bonnie

Lobsternight’s great nephew with bike crash, multiple fractures, surgery

Mamaofami’s DH Sam in hospital with brain bleeds after falling out of bed

Summer slope with a health issue

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Ill pets – Kazu’s Ivan, Heartgrove’s Sam. Cruising sister’s Molly

4 missing in Nova Scotia due to flooding

6 deaths in Bucks County flash flooding; 1 child still missing

Canadian/US/Greek wildfires, storms/flooding, dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again and again

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s twin worried about a loved one and her Golden Madi

Marshhawk with pinched nerve

Catmando with recurrence of eye infection

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Good report for Roy from the Pulmonologist

Safe travels for Cruzin Teri and Jim

Dobiemom with a good report from the eye surgeon

Cunnorl freed from restrictions

Denise T’s new puppy Fancy

Ger_77 at the lake visiting friends

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for StLouisCruisers (Zaandam July 29 to Aug 23) DH 75th BD and 54th anniversary

4 days for AV8rix (Nieuw Amsterdam July 30 to Aug 13)

Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina to July 23) + 3 days in Copenhagen, Crazy For Cats (Zaandam to July 29), Norseh2o (Oceania Regatta to Aug 1), Dfish (Zaandam to Aug 23) and NextOne (Zuiderdam to Aug 25)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 15

First Class 0 cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Sauza® 901® Tequila
1 part DeKuyper® Blue Curacao Liqueur
1 part Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 part Agave Nectar
1 dash Orange Bitters

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Shake well for 10 seconds. Strain and pour into a martini glass. Rim glass with sugar.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 6.46.11 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 13

Thank you Rich, thank you Tina, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

The painters completed painting the house yesterday and we are very pleased! It has been over a month but there has been rain and heat to contend with. We had a very good working relationship with them but it is nice that the upheaval is over. The new gutters will be installed stating Monday. Of course, the owner left with our pockets a bit lighter and neighbors have asked if we are moving? No! I will take some photos today and post tomorrow.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 34

Thank you for the Hump Day Fleet Report and Daily, Rich.  I had some great Aunts and Uncles but sadly they are all long gone.  I think my mother was the last of her generation and she died in 2001.  I think I'll pass on the other 2 days and the Green quote has a lot in it.  I have not been to Palau.  Thank you also Vanessa, Dixie, Ann, and Tina.  I'll celebrate most anything involving rails but pass on the taco.  My alternative is Mixed Italian Garden and Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with Mint Basel Pesto and Potatoes Gratin as served on MS Prinsendam July 26, 2011.

I see @Cruzin Terri flight was 47 minutes late getting off but still shows on time arrival.  It is a code share and listed on Flight Aware as Air Belgium 295.  Wishing her a great flight.

There are benefits to being outside a big city.  While it will be brutally hot today our morning air quality will not get beyond moderate.  I will hunker down inside once I get back from the Cardiologist.

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!   While I slept well during the hours I slept, it is still early for me.

We got home yesterday at 4, too many patients at the eye clinic, and very few doctors.  The waiting room was full, and the rooms were all full, so once DH had to initial "eye" test, we were moved back to a full waiting room.  The doc got him on an antibiotic eye drop, and a gooey cream to put on his eyes while he slept.  So when we left we stopped at the Krogers pharmacy to get the meds, there was a short wait, so we stocked up on junk food, picked up the meds,  got home, I put the first batch of drops in his eyes, and then got on the phones to work, and it turns out there were computer issues, so I didn't work.

We had dinner at waffle house, where my burger was so bad, that I couldnt eat it.  DH had pork chops, not on the menu but they have them.  He was a happy camper. And then we went to the symphony. It was enjoyable, and the singer Libby Whittemore was a great singer..

Well, we are up, we have to shower and get downtown to his MRI and meeting with the doctors.,  Since he cant eat before the MRI (contrast) even though he is in charge of the alarm, I'm letting him continue to sleep.

4042568b8b62e30a3882e2a5d1879800.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Good morning friends!  It is 69F with an expected high of 93 and sunny skies.  Again!  Thank you Rich @richwmn for posting our Daily and Fleet Report this morning.  We spoke with DS last night.  He made it to Springfield in 10 hours and said if he didn't have a hotel room reserved he could have gone on further to Joplin, Missouri.  He was enjoying dinner and would be tackling a day's worth of email and watch some soccer on TV.  Today he continues on to Hot Dallas.  Ren arrives by plane around 6:30 pm and then the adventure begins for him.

All or Nothing Day sounds intriguing.  Since we are going to be packing all day, we may not get it ALL done but certainly we don't want to get NOTHING done!  It will probably be somewhere in the middle.  We are almost out of aunts and uncles.  I have none and DH has one aunt left.  We had quite a few of them to begin with.  I hope all the tofu eaters have a great day celebrating tofu all over the world.  I'll pass.

What a quote!  Wow!  The meal suggestion is Korean Beef Steak Tacos which I'm sure is very good.  The cocktail has an interesting name.  Another red wine I see.  Thanks Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for reporting on them for us.  More English history regarding modes of transportation.  All important in people's lives at the time and to improve on for the future.

Prayers said this morning for our Care list, DB and friend's DB Mark.  Special prayers for Baby Murphy, Sam after his fall, and Chuck with his health issues.  Also I want to remember my Twin who had to send Madi over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday.  Of course she's heartbroken.  😪  For those with happy events in their lives, congratulations from me and I hope you enjoy your cruises, too.  I certainly hope to! 🥂 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your hard work keeping up the lists. 

Well, the port today is Pulau, Langkawi Island, Malaysia Kedah.  Back on Feb. 14, 2023 Ann @cat shepard posted a different Pulau Penang Island, Georgetown Malaysia and that would be on a different Malaysian island (there are many).  So I won't be linking to Feb. 14.  Looks like if you've been to today's port of the day you will have to look for your photos on your own and please do post them for us.

Hoping you all have a safe, cool, and wonderful Wednesday!

• Like 29

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It is 69F with an expected high of 93 and sunny skies.  Again!  Thank you Rich @richwmn for posting our Daily and Fleet Report this morning.  We spoke with DS last night.  He made it to Springfield in 10 hours and said if he didn't have a hotel room reserved he could have gone on further to Joplin, Missouri.  He was enjoying dinner and would be tackling a day's worth of email and watch some soccer on TV.  Today he continues on to Hot Dallas.  Ren arrives by plane around 6:30 pm and then the adventure begins for him.

All or Nothing Day sounds intriguing.  Since we are going to be packing all day, we may not get it ALL done but certainly we don't want to get NOTHING done!  It will probably be somewhere in the middle.  We are almost out of aunts and uncles.  I have none and DH has one aunt left.  We had quite a few of them to begin with.  I hope all the tofu eaters have a great day celebrating tofu all over the world.  I'll pass.

What a quote!  Wow!  The meal suggestion is Korean Beef Steak Tacos which I'm sure is very good.  The cocktail has an interesting name.  Another red wine I see.  Thanks Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for reporting on them for us.  More English history regarding modes of transportation.  All important in people's lives at the time and to improve on for the future.

Prayers said this morning for our Care list, DB and friend's DB Mark.  Special prayers for Baby Murphy, Sam after his fall, and Chuck with his health issues.  Also I want to remember my Twin who had to send Madi over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday.  Of course she's heartbroken.  😪  For those with happy events in their lives, congratulations from me and I hope you enjoy your cruises, too.  I certainly hope to! 🥂 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your hard work keeping up the lists. 

Well, the port today is Pulau, Langkawi Island, Malaysia Kedah.  Back on Feb. 14, 2023 Ann @cat shepard posted a different Pulau Penang Island, Georgetown Malaysia and that would be on a different Malaysian island (there are many).  So I won't be linking to Feb. 14.  Looks like if you've been to today's port of the day you will have to look for your photos on your own and please do post them for us.

Hoping you all have a safe, cool, and wonderful Wednesday!

Sending condolences to your twin Sandi after her loss of Madi yesterday.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Hump Day Daily Report.

A hot day in store for us, up to 37C (99F) this afternoon.  Bertie and I have already gone for a walk before it gets too hot.

I don't like All or Nothing, there's a lot of happiness in between.  I try to be a good aunt.  Not a big fan of tofu.

Interesting quote, I need to read that book.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I'd like to try the drink, hope the wine is good too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

Good morning.  All or nothing may fit today, we have some light rain due.  Due to the heat we planned on fishing.  If the boat is all wet it may be nothing.  Hopefully the clouds will keep us cooler.  No aunts or uncles to celebrate, I think my Dad who passed at age 96 in 2013 outlived them all and that was a gift. Wow what a quote a lot of context to boil it down to the last line.  Tacos sound great, the non blue Blue Curacao would be great minus the bitters.   Elderton makes great wines.  Looking forward to photos of today's port.  

Prayers for Baby Murphy I hope she is able to get off the ECMO soon.  Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine.  I hope everyone at sea are having a grand time. 

I guess if it is a nuisance rain I will run the sprinklers to get things wet.   I have so many thirsty species like bee balm and Astilbes that they need regular water to look their best.  To beat the heat tomorrow we are going to get groceries and see Oppenheimer, if the 3 hour movie isn't too crowded. I doubt with it in three theaters in the building and it will be the matinee.  Have a lovely day! Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 27

Happy Tofu Day!  A reminder that you can always substitute tofu for beef in a recipe.  I think the marinade for bulgogi sauce for today’s meal Korean tacos would be excellent on tofu.

In order to make a true Korean Beef Steak taco, one must first make bulgogi.  Literally speaking, bulgogi (불고기) means “fire meat”.  It is one of the most well-known Korean traditional foods and it has been around for thousands of years. It is essential to slice the meat thinly across the grain,ideal thickness 1/8 inch. Next, the meat is ready to be marinated with bulgogi sauce, a blend of soy sauce, brown sugar, asian pear (or red apple), garlic, ginger, ground black pepper and sesame oil. This gives a slightly salty, mildly sweet and nutty savory flavor.

Our first recipe for Korean Beef Steak Tacos  includes kimchi and caramelized pineapple.

05Jnqh2hZn0hjtB-DgBXuG9VX3jZWTwvXvhjBGrhBTLARMEbGYjNMzqEmVrusb27oVNZ4yEVoKqeUMKuFbmAat8NTrbbs3gClWlpSPII4sPWpSyVcgj3tRvAcRWX7gLoahZWD5gVKmodXh7EU0guPW8

Bulgogi Taco is an simple recipe using ingredients that are easy to find. I think the crunch of the red cabbage would be nice and the sauce which includes sour cream, mayo, Sriracha and lime juice sounds delicious.

u6EscktRAOcQH_syqgBF4x7oxOg-lz1B7ngdZlqwt-g3vJWKfHJY7Sy34zeRSsZdZQ7FU6-Gb9wi9OYjYqP71zJH6oGX09GWwjp99pl9MfaiaENGn5g_5DQl4rWAJXSkW-vOoP6T6peFnHtomuquIes

I love this idea Bulgogi Taco Bar.  It includes genuine Korean lettuce and sesame leaves, spicy cucumber salad and pickled radish.  You could make your own taco bar using the ingredients your family and friends love.

7NqqcqH9B8C-b94HhHYUNFmAhR3phoMRCJYn9yEPxjpJA1g4MySiMIrlV6RMyT64lCfD9HeKiZE2_FSzFQWmJBmomkJOLjlDAXDyL2O98Yx5c97RNI_WRUCK2X1Ile1-tE6An_Q589ijpdW6d5Y1JI8

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 15

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Another lovely morning. And just a few sprinkles yesterday.

Vanessa, thank you for all you do to help us keep up with one another.  I have an early manicure appointment, then Bindi walks, chores, HIIT and possibly pool time. 

IMG_1523.jpeg.ac005e552aae813660249af3a02c6578.jpeg

IMG_1515.jpeg.34bafc56a378da8137c5b39553a65f3f.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @StLouisCruisers, Sandi I was sorry to read about Madi. Hugs to your twin. Hope wonderful memories help are her pain.

Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Elderton - Barossa Shiraz 2018

I would love to taste this Australian Shiraz, but it might be a bit too “intense” for me. It has a great many fans amongst consumers & is reasonably priced. A decent number of online distributors with prices starting at $18.94.

Winemaker Notes

Full bodied, rich, elegant, classic. A rich and vibrant dark purple. Aroma of black forest fruits and a hint of creme caramel.

On the palate dark plum fruits and chocolate with subtleties of anise and spice. A seamless tannin profile elevates the fruit providing depth and length to the finish. Drink now or cellar confidently for 10 to 15 years from vintage.

JS91 James Suckling
There’s rich and intense fruit on offer here, from raspberries to red plums to blackberries and assertive American-oak influence. The palate has a very rich and plush feel with bold, fleshy blackberry flavors, as well as some chocolate, smoked meat and spice. Intense and fleshy.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 4

Good morning, thank you for the HAL fleet report and all the daily information. Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Keep cool and have a great day! 

• Like 25

Good morning.  Prayers for all in need—especially Baby Murphy.

Today includes cleaning people and therapist coming to our home.  Temperatures high.  I think I may tackle another closet today or at least a drawer.

Best wishes and have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. My Aunts and Uncles have passed but we try to be good ones for the next generation. My I Phone/Pad charging chord does not want to charge this morning. I  think the chords reliability is programmed.

Sue took granddaughter to see the new movie Barbi yesterday. Sue quietly told me it was terrible but I already new that! The lawn service finally came yesterday after being backed up because of rain and today our new house cleaners show up so will be Spic and Span. We have reached the Nirvana Of Life and are truly spoiled.

World Cruise Planning is really coming together. Yesterday our included first class flights have been scheduled and our included pre cruise hotel at Marriott Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale has been booked. Getting excited but must stay healthy. Reached 18 pound weight loss this morning and only 20 lbs. to go.

Thanks for the reports, thoughts and prayers for those in need and well wishes for all.

Bruce

image.jpeg.20b3d04a65745331343ba88d3859f973.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.086a2db897b9ed7f21c784c27f048ee3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.af9cadef1ae5844b540db096b16f16db.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bd76a1ca0b8f1b013f2e48250f1a616b.jpegimage.jpeg.7a04cf4afbca4e04e4a65d34259b9f1b.jpegimage.jpeg.650089d138429e3cabaea879f41bb039.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 23

Good Morning,  we just got an update from the captain.  Yesterday's emergency was a crew member,  not a guest.  They are doing very well after they received care at the hospital.   From a waiter in PG they just boarded the ship in Boston. 

Edited by Crazy For Cats
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 17