La Dame- $160 pp or $320 for dinner for 2!!!!

A Tucson Guy

I won’t be booking La Dame or Kaiseki at those prices. I’ll wait for the free offer when nobody reserves either one.

I’ve said before that I wish SS would go to a reservation system like Regent where you get one specialty reservation per restaurant per cruise, or maybe more on a longer cruise. It would remove the phenomenon of people reserving every night then canceling all but one and blocking out others who really want to go. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

OK- let's have screaming Eagle and Crystal.

The letter from Silversea said that the pairings will be designed in conjunction with Moet-Hennessey.  They certainly have plenty of champagne houses in their portfolio. I'll root for the Krug to be included in this pairing.  

We are on the Nova 8-21-23 and had booked La Dame for two nights prior to the price increase. I wonder if they will honor the old price since that is what it was when I booked it. I have emailed somebody at SS that Barbara put me in touch with. I will report back when I hear.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Vintage Krug for me and La Grande Dame for Silver Queen would be quite the highlight in La Dame.

It has to be 2008 Rare Brut Millesime. After all you can drink a whole bottle of it courtesy of Singapore Airlines in their private Dining Room or occasionally in the air if flying first class. But you do have to ask for it.

Disclaimer every time we have flown SQ F it has been on awrds with points supplied by Amex.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

We are on the Nova 8-21-23 and had booked La Dame for two nights prior to the price increase. I wonder if they will honor the old price since that is what it was when I booked it. I have emailed somebody at SS that Barbara put me in touch with. I will report back when I hear.

We booked at the lower price as well…but now shows the higher price…

It appears from the E mail Content posted by Dolcevita Diva that the La Dame cost @ $160pp only includes the Complimentary Wine List ( this may have been enhanced ? ). If this is the case I would hope that the La dame Food experience is substantially better than that which we had recently on Silver Dawn - nice but largely no better than Atlantide and certainly not really worth the $60pp upgrade let alone $160pp.

It would seem that Silversea are making every effort to recoup Revenue ( I cant blame them ) but it does somewhat contradict the ' All Inclusive Luxury Experience ' Advertising.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Lots of drama on that other site after someone posted the pricing news.

Did you notice the Venetian Society Loyalty Benefit that allows those with more than 350 days 1 complimentary dining experience in one of the three venues per voyage on the Nova?  Membership has its privileges for those who have paid their dues. 

As others have noted, I can't see this pricing scheme lasting, as the vast majority will take a hard pass. 

Additional details were obtained from Silversea and posted on that other site by its administrator.  How foolish of us to think that the increased charges might include the wine pairing...

Specialty Restaurant Charges on the Silver Nova
  • The changes only affect the new Silver Nova at this time.
  • La Dame will have an enhanced offering with a choice of either a Tasting Menu or a la carte selections, including an exclusive La Dame selection of French wine and digestive.
  • La Dame will be $160 per head, with options for Connoisseur wine pairing (+$90) or Champagne pairing (+$140).
  • Kaiseki will also have an enhanced offering using Washoku cuisine with a choice of either a Tasting Menu or a la carte, including an exclusive selection of sake and Japanese whisky.
  • Kaiseki will be $80 per head for dinner (and still included for lunch).
  • S.A.L.T. Chef's Table is a new concept being introduced on Silver Nova as an interactive dining experience at a single sitting each night for a fixed Tasting Menu.
  • S.A.L.T. Chef's Table will be $180 per head, inclusive of paired wines and unique cocktails.
  • Reservations: La Dame and Kaiseki as usual through My Silversea or onboard, however S.A.L.T Chef's Table can only be booked onboard.
  • Dress Code: Kaiseki and S.A.L.T. Chef's Table will be the daily dress code, while La Dame will always be Formal.
  • VS Loyalty Benefit: Guests with more than 350 days will receive one complimentary dining in one of these 3 venues per voyage.
  • Guests with bookings on Silver Nova will receive more information directly from Silversea, or via their travel agent.
Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

You know your stuff!

I will say, this 2006 was a pretty special bottle I was given in F on JAL pre-Covid.

IMG_4928.jpeg

IMG_4929.jpeg

Salon is an acquired taste--very glad you enjoyed it...I've found many people find it to tight/acidic/minerally.  But once the bottles hit 20-25yrs of age they sing.  Unfortunately they've skyrocketed to a price I will no longer pay.....sigh....So I'll stick w/ Krug, Cristal and 'slum' with DP.  😁

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

Did you notice the Venetian Society Loyalty Benefit that allows those with more than 350 days 1 complimentary dining experience in one of the three venues per voyage on the Nova?  Membership has its privileges for those who have paid their dues.

Wow. At 350 days that works out to less than 46 cents credit per cruising day towards the $160 cost of La Dame.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Wow. At 350 days that works out to less than 46 cents credit per cruising day towards the $160 cost of La Dame.

At the “low” end of $1,000 per day for a couple that means you’ve invested at least $350,000 USD.  Reminds of the included laundry which you get at 100 days or $100,000 USD.  Nice but certainly not “free”.  🙄😬  That said we are booked for the Nova next April and if this new upcharge holds for the Nova I don’t see us booking La Dame which we do typically once a cruise.   🙁

• Like 1

This is another example of Silversea pushing the boundaries on pricing to see what we suckers are willing to pay. As I posted on another thread on this board they have more than doubled the prices on their top three suites on Dawn for 2024 and on. The Owners Suite now costs three times that of a Silver Suite when historically it was priced at about 50% more. They have lost me as an Owners Suite customer and I have moved to Regent who are still offering a reasonable upcharge for their top suites, even though expensive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, commodoredave said:

Can anyone give me an idea of how these new upcharges for the two speciality restaurants compare with what's now available on Regent? I suspect some of us might want to rethink who we will sail with in future. 

Regent do not charge extra for their specialty restaurants. They limit reservations ahead of a cruise to one per suite; but it is not hard to get additional reservations on board.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

Regent do not charge extra for their specialty restaurants. They limit reservations ahead of a cruise to one per suite; but it is not hard to get additional reservations on board.

Thanks. I believe Seabourn is similar with its Thomas Keller restaurant. Is there any other luxury line out there who chages this much to dine in an alternative restaurant?

10 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

This is another example of Silversea pushing the boundaries on pricing to see what we suckers are willing to pay. As I posted on another thread on this board they have more than doubled the prices on their top three suites on Dawn for 2024 and on. The Owners Suite now costs three times that of a Silver Suite when historically it was priced at about 50% more. They have lost me as an Owners Suite customer and I have moved to Regent who are still offering a reasonable upcharge for their top suites, even though expensive.

But, but, but - you may have to pay tens of thousands of dollars more, but the value of the complimentary La Dame dinner included with those suites has been "enhanced!"  😂

• Haha 2