Lunch on arrival day

budmeister

Where can we have a complimentary venue lunch on arrival day on the Infinity? We did not purchase any specialty dining and do not have any tier or room type privileges. I know the buffet is available, but I wondered if there are any less crowded choices.

Options for embarkation day are the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) or the Mast Grill. We usually go to the Mast Grill for a hamburger and some time in the sun! 

Sushi on Five may be open? Not sure but someone else will know. 

• Like 1

We have not sailed on Infinity but we have always gone to the Spa cafe when on other M and S class ships.  It is small but not many seem to know about it so it is a great place to go.  I hope it is still open on embarkation day.  Sushi on 5 is fee based.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We have not sailed on Infinity but we have always gone to the Spa cafe when on other M and S class ships.  It is small but not many seem to know about it so it is a great place to go.  I hope it is still open on embarkation day.  Sushi on 5 is fee based.

it was closed on embarkation day on my last 4 cruises

• Like 2

The Spa Cafe has not been open on embarkation day on EQ in the past year and a half that we have cruised on her. I always check.  Mast Grill is probably the only choice. Or eat nothing but sweets at Al Bacio!

• Like 2

Now guests can drop their hand luggage off on boarding rather than having to lug them around waiting for an announcement I don’t think the buffet is as busy as it used to be. 

Sushi is a nice boarding option…

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Now guests can drop their hand luggage off on boarding rather than having to lug them around waiting for an announcement I don’t think the buffet is as busy as it used to be. 

Sushi is a nice boarding option…

Wow! That is a huge nice change!  This in itself may make the crowding at the buffet easier to deal with.

3 minutes ago, budmeister said:

Wow! That is a huge nice change!  This in itself may make the crowding at the buffet easier to deal with.

It is a huge change.  Once you board you go directly to your stateroom, pick up the sea pass cards in the mail slot and drop off your carry on items.  If the room isn't totally ready there will be a sign with verbiage along the lines of "perfection in progress."  But you still leave your carryon items and put valuables in the safe.  Without folks lugging their carry on items elevators are less full, Cafe al Bacio seems less crowded with no luggage on the floor around seating and no piles of carryon items in the buffet.

10 hours ago, budmeister said:

Absolutely! Guests often used to head straight for the buffet, grab a table, load their hand luggage on spare chairs and stay there until they knew their room would be ready!  Without the baggage many guests will now enjoy a leisurely drink first before heading to the buffet or call at the buffet for a quick snack then head off to explore the ship. 

Definitely a big improvement!

• Like 2