Price difference after logging in to RCI

I'm playing around looking at prices for our upcoming cruise. My wife and I are Diamond. We are cruising with family members that have never cruised before and therefore have no C&A status yet. We all have balcony cabins. When I go onto RCI's web site without logging in, the current sale is "up to $650 off + 30% off all cruises + KSF". When I log into my RCI account, the current sale is "up to $750 off + 30% off all cruises + KSF". I've never seen this price difference before. Has it always been there and I've just never seen it? When doing a mock booking to check the price, I'm seeing;

A non-member of C&A gets

Flash Sale - $50.00,

30% Off Every Guest -$815

Instant Savings -$50.00.

My Diamond C&A membership gets me

30% Off Every Guest -$815,

Instant Savings - $50.00

Balc Suite NRD - $113.00

So a non-C&A member gets a $50.00 Flash Sale reduction that a Diamond member doesn't get. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct.  Crown and Anchor balcony discounts are not combinable with extra savings or obc offers. 

I thought that changed where the balcony discount is always combinable. I guess I was wrong.

8 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm playing around looking at prices for our upcoming cruise. My wife and I are Diamond. We are cruising with family members that have never cruised before and therefore have no C&A status yet. We all have balcony cabins. When I go onto RCI's web site without logging in, the current sale is "up to $650 off + 30% off all cruises + KSF". When I log into my RCI account, the current sale is "up to $750 off + 30% off all cruises + KSF". I've never seen this price difference before. Has it always been there and I've just never seen it? When doing a mock booking to check the price, I'm seeing;

A non-member of C&A gets

Flash Sale - $50.00,

30% Off Every Guest -$815

Instant Savings -$50.00.

My Diamond C&A membership gets me

30% Off Every Guest -$815,

Instant Savings - $50.00

Balc Suite NRD - $113.00

So a non-C&A member gets a $50.00 Flash Sale reduction that a Diamond member doesn't get. 

Also the popup for $50 obc. My TA says not combinable with balcony discount. One or the other.

2 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Pick a cruise and try pricing it out by booking the same cabin up to the point you have to purchase it and compare. You will probably see a slightly cheaper price with the diamond member.

That's what I did. It was cheaper with the balcony discount but I wasn't getting the Flash Sale discount.

Tbh we dont think the royals C&A benifits make any difference to the booking. Yes you get a few onboard discounts but as for a discount for booking a cruise, na, dosnt offer anything. Other cruise line discounts do offer a % off the booking price such as MSC and they benifit match royal as well. 👍

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I thought that changed where the balcony discount is always combinable. I guess I was wrong.

I remember that they said they were going to be combinable awhile back but I  don't think it ever happened 

52 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Tbh we dont think the royals C&A benifits make any difference to the booking. Yes you get a few onboard discounts but as for a discount for booking a cruise, na, dosnt offer anything. Other cruise line discounts do offer a % off the booking price such as MSC and they benifit match royal as well. 👍

True, but can't complain. For me still score pretty good deals with C&A Solo 340+ along with Military Disc about 1/3 the time. Only low level on multiple other lines so hard for them get close to prices I get on Royal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2023 at 10:19 AM, ONECRUISER said:

True, but can't complain. For me still score pretty good deals with C&A Solo 340+ along with Military Disc about 1/3 the time. Only low level on multiple other lines so hard for them get close to prices I get on Royal

Most people are no where near that level of cruises. But where most people are the discounts are rubbish IMO. My military discount always seems to be OBC which is a nice little perk but going back to the C&A benifit IMO it makes no or little difference. Also why only off a discount for a certain room at a certain level? I dont want a discount on a balcony but on an inside. The more loyal you are the more any discount should be used across any room type. Well thats my thoughts. 

3 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Most people are no where near that level of cruises. But where most people are the discounts are rubbish IMO. My military discount always seems to be OBC which is a nice little perk but going back to the C&A benifit IMO it makes no or little difference. Also why only off a discount for a certain room at a certain level? I dont want a discount on a balcony but on an inside. The more loyal you are the more any discount should be used across any room type. Well thats my thoughts. 

Understand, but for me at this Level Benefit and the Discounts last couple yrs savings I've averaged 1 out of 4 to 1 out of 3 my Cruises Free. During CV most my Cruises Booked there was no Single Supplement at all, though 3/4 those Booked Cruises ended up getting canceled anyway