The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 28th, 2023

richwmn

35 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I have a travel question.  I was reading the requirements to enter Italy, and it said I must have 10,000 euros to enter.  And I must leave with 10,000 euros (am I going to make money in 5 days in Rome?)

Do you all travel with that kind of money-my main problem is, I dont have that kind of money.  Comes up to over 11 thousand dollars.  Am I reading something wrong?

We have similar restrictions of declaring more than $10.000 cash when entering the US from the UK.

Screenshot_20230728_223020.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I have a travel question.  I was reading the requirements to enter Italy, and it said I must have 10,000 euros to enter.  And I must leave with 10,000 euros (am I going to make money in 5 days in Rome?)

Do you all travel with that kind of money-my main problem is, I dont have that kind of money.  Comes up to over 11 thousand dollars.  Am I reading something wrong?

Screenshot_20230728_223411.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@marshhawk, Happy Friday!  NO, we don’t travel with that kind of money - who has that kind of money after paying for the trip, right?  I’m not sure what you saw but as long as you don’t show up with

$10,000.01 or leave with that amount, you’re golden, so to speak. 

Thank you for your posts and memes, you’re a bright spot!  Thinking good thoughts for you and Chuck. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

"Poem" my Mother used to quote.

My blessings I'll no more rehearse

I'd rather fume and fret

Each time I say things could get worse

That's just the way they get

Hot here this afternoon. Got laundry done and now need to summon the energy to hang it all up.

Talked to one of Diane's church friends this afternoon who was just as stunned as I was. I checked with the shelter and her beloved cats are there. Hope they find good homes for them.... Diane volunteered at the shelter for years so they will make a real effort but it must be hard on the kitties to be uprooted and one of them is probably about 10 or so.  I can not help with them unfortunately. My dogs are all I can manage.

Susan

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

You cannot enter with more than that without declaring it.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Well I'm good to go then!  Thanks for letting me know I totally read it wrong.

@Cruzin Terri to quote Schultzie in Hogan's Heros- I know nothing.  And the way I travel, I declare nothing,as there is nothing to declare.  Take only pictures, leave only footprints.

@durangoscotsI am sorry to read about the loss of your friend, and your friend in Hospice.  Life changes in a second.  Sending you a huge hug.

My mother's motto, was "Wherever you go, there you are."

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo!

This is for my Daily family whom over the years knows my passion of watercolors . Love painting ! Even when I was  DDS it was my relaxation! This is for my sis Joy @Seasick Sailor and all !

🌺Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.7e746a5218faa8d77af03730912d502f.jpeg

Fabulous painting.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo!

This is for my Daily family whom over the years knows my passion of watercolors . Love painting ! Even when I was  DDS it was my relaxation! This is for my sis Joy @Seasick Sailor and all !

🌺Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.7e746a5218faa8d77af03730912d502f.jpeg

Denise it's beautiful! At first glance it reminds me of Lahaina Town! 

Have a drink for me at the Barefoot Bar. Love you sweet sister!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1