Included Air Fare

KatieMcGee

Just now, julig22 said:

Better location, more legroom WITHIN economy is often possible. Moving outside of economy where the seats are bigger is where there is an issue.  Never actually tried myself but that is one of the more common complaints from people who booked using BOGO.

Interesting. Once the tickets have been booked, it's just like any other reservation. If there are seats available, anyone can pay to upgrade. If they're booked solid, that's another matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Interesting. Once the tickets have been booked, it's just like any other reservation. If there are seats available, anyone can pay to upgrade. If they're booked solid, that's another matter.

Noooo.  Definitely not like any other reservation. Tickets are basically under NCL's control until 72 hours before the flight and the airline will usually refer you to NCL for anything beyond seat selection within your cabin booking. And NCL won't do anything.  Within that 72hr window, there might be more options.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Noooo.  Definitely not like any other reservation. Tickets are basically under NCL's control until 72 hours before the flight and the airline will usually refer you to NCL for anything beyond seat selection within your cabin booking. And NCL won't do anything.  Within that 72hr window, there might be more options.

Actually, our experience wasn't like that at all. Our flights were ticketed about 45 days prior to sail date. We were on American Airlines, and upon ticketing, we received a locator number which we then used along with our AA app to choose our seats and upgrade stuff. I've read stories of others on here who've availed themselves of NCL's BOGO and they were also able to make changes. Maybe it just depends which airline it is and whether you have some loyalty status with them.

On 7/29/2023 at 5:01 PM, KatieMcGee said:

We are interested in the 7 day  cruise in March 2024 to the Hawaiian islands.  Right now NCL is offering a BOGO airfare for $1398 from Tampa to Honolulu.  We have always made our own airline reservations in the past.  Bus this seems like a good deal.  Has anyone every had NCL book their airline travel.  If so, what was your experience.

Tampa to HNL is a long flight and lots of potential for problems. I always fly to the West Coast from FLL, usually to LAX, then fly west the next day. I can get to LAX pretty cheap with Southwest and, usually, LAX hotels are abundant and reasonably priced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Maybe it just depends which airline it is and whether you have some loyalty status with them.

It must. Our BOGO outbound flights CLT-JFK-ATH are operated by Delta and I am not able to even select seats ahead of time, let alone upgrade. I've tried the website, app, the airline the flight was booked with (Virgin Atlantic), calling Delta... everything. We cannot select seats ahead of time. Likely because we're on a basic economy ticket. Delta seems to be one of the few that are strict with not allowing advance seat assignments ahead of time with basic economy, even for a fee, and their website states that. No advance seat assignments or upgrades with a basic economy ticket. We were able to select seats with Air Canada for our return ATH-YYZ-CLT. While it would be preferable to sit together on our flights, it's not a deal breaker having saved considerably over booking flights ourselves.

14 hours ago, electro said:

Does NCL ever use Air Canada out of Canadian cities?

We are flying on Air Canada through the NCL BOGO program, actually from Newark to Montreal and then on to our destination Heathrow in London. (Flying back direct on Iceland Air.)

16 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

Tampa to HNL is a long flight and lots of potential for problems. I always fly to the West Coast from FLL, usually to LAX, then fly west the next day. I can get to LAX pretty cheap with Southwest and, usually, LAX hotels are abundant and reasonably priced.

That's what we're doing from Boston (and the reverse on the way back).  I had a companion certificate on Delta (continental US only) so booked the BOS-LAX-BOS portion on Delta and had enough AA points for pretty much free flights from LAX-HON.  We found the LAX hotels to be very reasonably priced.

4 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

@HSBC If you choose the 2 day deviation, you will be credited $25 per booked passenger. And, you would then need to find your own method of transportation to your hotel.

You also get the $25 deviation credit with a 1 day deviation, at least we did.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yes, this link shows Air Canada as one of NCL's partners, so it's reasonable to assume they do.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/fly-cruise-pkg-which-airline-will-my-flight-be-booked

17 hours ago, chris153 said:

THey do.  We are on Air Canada on our way home.  

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

We are flying on Air Canada through the NCL BOGO program, actually from Newark to Montreal and then on to our destination Heathrow in London. (Flying back direct on Iceland Air.)

Thanks, I will be flying Ottawa - New Orleans. I get free luggage on Air Canada so it would be good if that's who we get booked with.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, electro said:

Thanks, I will be flying Ottawa - New Orleans. I get free luggage on Air Canada so it would be good if that's who we get booked with.

That's exactly why we liked the NCL BOGO deal: we were booked on American and have status with them so free checked bag, free seat upgrades and free priority boarding.

5 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

If you choose the 2 day deviation, you will be credited $25 per booked passenger. And, you would then need to find your own method of transportation to your hotel.

the T&C says "Deviation requests up to 2 days pre/post cruise will be credited $25 USD per person per deviation for guests 1 and 3-8 on the reservation." Does guest 2 not get the credit?  Is the deviation credit for a party of two: A) $50 = 25 per person, or B) $25 = 25 per guest 1 and guest 2 is skipped?

17 minutes ago, n4w said:

the T&C says "Deviation requests up to 2 days pre/post cruise will be credited $25 USD per person per deviation for guests 1 and 3-8 on the reservation." Does guest 2 not get the credit?  Is the deviation credit for a party of two: A) $50 = 25 per person, or B) $25 = 25 per guest 1 and guest 2 is skipped?

We requested a deviation for our upcoming cruise. Guest 1 (my husband) received the $25 credit. I am Guest 2. I did not receive the credit. The answer, based on my experience using NCL Bogo Airfare is B, a total of $25 for both Guests 1 and 2.

I can't speak to guests 3 - 8.

22 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

We requested a deviation for our upcoming cruise. Guest 1 (my husband) received the $25 credit. I am Guest 2. I did not receive the credit. The answer, based on my experience using NCL Bogo Airfare is B, a total of $25 for both Guests 1 and 2.

I can't speak to guests 3 - 8.

Of course!  I had forgotten about the second guest not receiving it since we cancelled the cruise well before final payment and looked at too many other things since then. 🙃

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Of course!  I had forgotten about the second guest not receiving it since we cancelled the cruise well before final payment and looked at too many other things since then. 🙃

Hopefully that looking includes booking something upcoming!!

• Like 1