Honouring price drops before final payment.

Niagarawine

Last night I noticed the price for myAqua class cabin had dropped by 500 so I called a celebrity. After a one hour wait I was told that they would only lower cost by 100 and furthermore the guarantee booking I made where I switched cabins in the same category was not a guarantee and he became quite irate and told me my cabin did not include beverage package or any other gratuities. He stated that an A2 cabin did not have any extra perks. I had previous called a few days before for a price drop . I don’t like arguing with an angry individual. However 😍500 per person is a lot of money. I am considering cancelling.was I nreasonable to ask for an adjustment?

Here is the details of their Best Price Guarantee options. The rules definitely change once you are more than 4 days past the final payment date. 

Our Celebrity Best Price Guarantee ensures that you will enjoy the lowest advertised rate on your cruise fare and your preferred promotional offer. If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

As far as whether your current Aqua cabin has the All Included perks or not, you need to check the official confirmation you received when you recently switched cabins to see what’s included with the booking you made.

Also if I might ask, what itinerary and date of the cruise are you having issues with?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I've always said if you don't like the response of a Celebrity Agent - call back and you may get a different answer.    Your experience is why I choose to transfer my booking to a TA.   I then simply call or email my agent without a wait time and it is his task to get the reduction or explain why.

While I don't know the specifics of you booking my experience has been that AQ come with Drinks, Gratuity and tips.   In the past you once could purchase a Guarantee Cabin at a lower price that did not include perks.

Having said that -  My experience is that price matching is done on a like for like basis and perks of the new offering may be different than you existing reservation.    If you have a regular AQ cabin they will not match an AQ Guarantee Rate.

• Like 4

I think the devil is in the details for anyone here to give you proper advise.  Although they won't match you to a GTY (Y) rate if you have an A1 or A2 rate.  However you should be able to change categories to get any rate even at a lower category if you haven't passed final payment.

Of course you are going to get any perks/promos included with the new rate.

Celebrity seems to be doing some very strange things right now so who knows if they are changing any of these long standing policies without telling anyone.

On 7/29/2023 at 4:29 PM, Niagarawine said:

Last night I noticed the price for myAqua class cabin had dropped by 500 so I called a celebrity. After a one hour wait I was told that they would only lower cost by 100 and furthermore the guarantee booking I made where I switched cabins in the same category was not a guarantee and he became quite irate and told me my cabin did not include beverage package or any other gratuities. He stated that an A2 cabin did not have any extra perks. I had previous called a few days before for a price drop . I don’t like arguing with an angry individual. However 😍500 per person is a lot of money. I am considering cancelling.was I nreasonable to ask for an adjustment?

As other have stated, the reasonability of your request depends on the details.  Are you willing to give up your current cabin for a GTY rate where Celebrity choices your cabin?

you should be able to check the rate on line before you call again.  What is included in the quote for $500 less?  Perhaps there are differences that you have not noticed?

Does your current booking list a GTY rate on your invoice?

Good luck

Edited by jagoffee

• 2 weeks later...

Does Best price guarantee still apply to UK bookings? I can only find a price match promise on the UK website and only if the lower prices offer is available elsewhere on the day of booking. I used to do really well phoning up when the deals changed and saved £400 in one call once! 

10 minutes ago, Sleepybluegiraffe said:

Does Best price guarantee still apply to UK bookings? I can only find a price match promise on the UK website and only if the lower prices offer is available elsewhere on the day of booking. I used to do really well phoning up when the deals changed and saved £400 in one call once! 

I couldn’t get it last year when the price of our Australia cruise in March 24 dropped by over £350 pp. Ended up cancelling and rebooking with loss of £300 deposit. Also got more OBC when I rebooked. 

2 hours ago, Sleepybluegiraffe said:

No, that went away at the end of the 'covid' price promise.