Inaugural Sailing Observations

Keith1010

I will use this thread for observations.

First impression. This is Crystal as you knew it enhanced. So you will here me say Crystal Enhanced.

Most crew returned. Some who are not here will return as crew goes home as some have been on for months. Some went over to Symphony. Some retired. A few are on other lines. For example Sommeliers on board are all from Crystal instead of one.  Most butlers returned. There are new ones for the decks which didn't have butlers before.

Internet speed is good.Enhanced plan not yet available. No iPads yet.  Sign in very easy.  

Check in very much the same. The way they take credit card is with a more sophisticated reader.

Saw many of the suites.  Junior CP beautiful. New Sapphire very nice. Love the countertops and bathroom.  No make up desk in bedroom. As you come in a desk that will need to serve many things.  Although it doesn't look like the cocktail tables can be raised they can.Super.

Saw the new double occupancy rooms. They look very nice. Closet is smaller. Less draw space with a pullout draw in the entry and a large draw below.  Decor beautiful.

The chairs in the new lounge and the furniture look great.It is not cheap. It looks comfortable to me. And a word about comfort. I have a rear end with less padding than many of you. Not being insulting but that is fact.  So, I have less meat and more bone.  I sat down. Nice cushion. Looks great and feels great.  Again, this is subjective. If you don't like it that's fine. I only say you are not buying the place and you should know that people visiting where you live might not like your taste in furniture either.

Salon looks amazing. 

Not sure where the rumor came that Fitness Equipment was changed out. It was no. Didn't need to be. A couple of new pieces of equipment.

Crew is wonderful as ever.  

Well this is my start.  More to follow.

Happy to be here.

Keith 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Saw the new double occupancy rooms. They look very nice. Closet is smaller. Less draw space with a pullout draw in the entry and a large draw below.  Decor beautiful.

Hey Keith congratulations on this being a two-for day as far as celebration for you and Anne Marie!! Enjoy every moment as I know you will!

Btw I was just hoping for some clarification on the bold part in your statement above. From the pics I’ve seen what I think you are referring to is the refrigerator with a drawer above it and above that would be a bar area. Can you let me know if we are talking about the same area you referred to in you above statement?

Thanks

1 minute ago, seasack said:

Hey Keith congratulations on this being a two-for day as far as celebration for you and Anne Marie!! Enjoy every moment as I know you will!

Btw I was just hoping for some clarification on the bold part in your statement above. From the pics I’ve seen what I think you are referring to is the refrigerator with a drawer above it and above that would be a bar area. Can you let me know if we are talking about the same area you referred to in you above statement?

Thanks

Thank you so much.

You know I think you are right. At first it looked like a big open space to me which doesn't make sense the more I think about it. It is a refrigerator. Black door.

So sorry.

Keith 

I spoke with some of the TA's and they were very pleased.

I've seen a few guests who didn't want to return for the period of owners the former owners were here and are now back. 

If you liked the Crystal you left you will like today's Crystal.  

One of the inclusive wines is Vine Robles which I enjoy and first had on Crystal and have bought it at home.

Keith

2 minutes ago, seasack said:

No worries!

I guess I was just hoping that there were some more storage that I wasn’t aware of! 

I will be sure to take another tour when they offer it or will revisit on turn around day.

I will try to take photos too.

Keith

Keith - You said: "I have a rear end with less padding than many of you. Not being insulting but that is fact.  So, I have less meat and more bone." I have that same disease and it's called "No Assatol." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, sasejm said:

Keith - You said: "I have a rear end with less padding than many of you. Not being insulting but that is fact.  So, I have less meat and more bone." I have that same disease and it's called "No Assatol." 

In my case it is just because I am trim.  Or some would say light on the weight. 

So some chairs will hurt me.  Not these.

The area looks a lot nicer than the photos show.

IMG_2282.thumb.jpeg.d12045e6633d30667fa2e2f608f95bd2.jpeg

Keith

• Like 1

I haven't visited the Tennis Courts but spoke with the Fitness Director who we had for all of WC 2019. One court Paddle and the other Pickle Ball but if no one is playing Pickle Ball can be used for Paddle.

Great Fitness Director IMHO and he will be on until March.

Keith

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

In my case it is just because I am trim.  Or some would say light on the weight. 

So some chairs will hurt me.  Not these.

The area looks a lot nicer than the photos show.

IMG_2282.thumb.jpeg.d12045e6633d30667fa2e2f608f95bd2.jpeg

Keith

Are the chairs in this pic the ones people thought looked cheap and uncomfortable? 

Obviously it's hard to tell how comfortable they are without sitting in one, but the seats look well cushioned (I also suffer from bony-arse-syndrome) 😉 and the curvature looks like it would be comfortable. I dislike chairs that are ramrod-straight myself, not comfy for my back. It would be nice if there were some that had arms for people who might have mobility issues, but I think most chairs at dining tables don't have arms except for the head and foot. Anyway, thanks for the pics and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 🥳❤️

• Like 1