Premium Desserts question

curlybelle2

1 hour ago, memoak said:

By name only it does not look or taste the same

Yea, that's what I've read. I personally never order one but it's strange why they changed the receipt when everyone seemed to like it the way it was.. 

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

It is. Just not by name.

I suppose you just tell the waiter what you want & they'll make it.

The waiter we had just said to my husband, "they no longer have it".

So my husband just ordered a banana split, without nuts. 

We have just returned from Royal Princess and, honestly, I did enjoy few of the Premium Desserts, as a snack between lunch a dinner. All of them are done with 3 scoops of vanilla gelato, but woman next to me said one can substitute with any flavor. I did enjoy the one with Oreo cookies. Balance of gelato, chocolate sauce and pieces of oreo and caramel nugget was just perfect. I did ignore the piece of hard candy.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, trin880 said:

We have just returned from Royal Princess and, honestly, I did enjoy few of the Premium Desserts, as a snack between lunch a dinner. All of them are done with 3 scoops of vanilla gelato, but woman next to me said one can substitute with any flavor. I did enjoy the one with Oreo cookies. Balance of gelato, chocolate sauce and pieces of oreo and caramel nugget was just perfect. I did ignore the piece of hard candy.

On most Grand class ships, the Premium Desserts are done at Coffee and Cones and I believe the only flavor available is Vanilla as the Gelato bars, if available are down at the International Cafe.

On 8/2/2023 at 3:14 PM, chh said:

The OP asked for a list of the premium deserts. Photo hopefully added below from Sky in May. They didn’t add any of the sweets/candy on Sky. Just ice cream, sauce and cream with a cake on top.

IMG_0297.jpeg

The menu says that "If you have Princess Premier or Princess Plus, these desserts (original or with alcohol) are included in your package."

My question is whether or not the shot of alcohol counts against the 15-drink limit. It appears it should not, since it is not a drink and we have a separate limit for these desserts. Since these desserts are unlimited for Premier, I assume I could have several with alcohol in addition to my 15 alcoholic drinks.😀

Edited by NavyVeteran
I read the description of what was included in the package.

On 9/2/2023 at 10:02 PM, Lucky TGO said:

I still like this one best of all and it's free in the dining room every night it’s a Volcano 🥰😋

My friend Gregg will agree. 😋

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

DSCN1172.jpeg

IMG_1393.jpeg

Thought the Volcano was discontinued years ago.  What name does it go by now ???

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

Thought the Volcano was discontinued years ago.  What name does it go by now ???

I'm not sure. It's on the children's menu. Ask your waiter for a copy of the children's menu. On Princess, a child of any age can order from the regular menu, and a passenger of any age can order from the children's menu.

On 7/31/2023 at 7:14 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

These were on the Emerald July 1-6, 2023. They were awful. They took 15 minutes each to get. It is impossible to eat it with the wooden spoon given.  I’m also attaching photos of the disgusting cakes (they were stale and hard as rocks-not frozen just old) and blobs of unidentifiable & inedible masses inside. There was almost no actual ice cream. It was whipped cream, icky lump of something and a small bit of actual ice cream. 

Thanks x 1,000,000 for posting. They look worse than I thought they would look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:

I'm not sure. It's on the children's menu. Ask your waiter for a copy of the children's menu. On Princess, a child of any age can order from the regular menu, and a passenger of any age can order from the children's menu.

It WAS on the childrens menu a long time ago

5 hours ago, Shippy said:

For a long time it has been a secret menu item (you have to know to ask).  The only way to know if it still exists is to ask you waiter.  

Hank

On 8/1/2023 at 6:56 AM, New2cruise2022 said:

I’m not sailing until February. Here is to hoping this is converted to a scoop of gelato a day. Less work, less cost, more value. 

Take the Jack Nicholson ( Five Easy Pieces) option: Godfather dessert please, hold the sauce and the cake and the cream. Oh and no sprinkles 

• Haha 1