Safety brief

chellencrette

20 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

You go to your muster station as soon as you get onboard to check in and see the life jacket demonstration. You are supposed to watch the full length safety video in your cabin or in the Hub App for more detailed information 

You don't have to go right away after boarding. You can have lunch first.  I think they asked everyone to do the muster by 3pm.

I would suggest that if you board early, eat lunch first before lido gets crowded. If you board later, do the muster first and eat when lido gets less crowded.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

You don't have to go right away after boarding. You can have lunch first.  I think they asked everyone to do the muster by 3pm.

I would suggest that if you board early, eat lunch first before lido gets crowded. If you board later, do the muster first and eat when lido gets less crowded.

My suggestion is the opposite.  Do as soon as you get on board and make it easier for everyone. Once it's done, you can relax, have lunch, a drink and no worries. 

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

My suggestion is the opposite.  Do as soon as you get on board and make it easier for everyone. Once it's done, you can relax, have lunch, a drink and no worries. 

Agreed. It literally takes less than 3 minutes. It's not going to affect your crowd situation (for better or worse) on Lido.  And the quicker people get it done, the easier it is on the staff that have to make sure everyone has done it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

IMHO they shouldn't let anyone buy drinks until your muster is complete. That would solve that problem! :classic_cool:

Yep - motivation and compliance are tightly connected.🫣🍹🐳🚢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Agreed. It literally takes less than 3 minutes. It's not going to affect your crowd situation (for better or worse) on Lido.  And the quicker people get it done, the easier it is on the staff that have to make sure everyone has done it. 

On the Horizon, it took almost a half hour. 

They checked us in, and asked us to have a seat.  They waited until about 30 people were there before doing the demonstration on how to put on a life jacket.  The demonstration took over 5 minutes.  Then we had to wait for them to give us the green wristband (for kids 11 and under).

There were a few people waiting when we got there, and they said they had been waiting for a bit before we arrived.

We had boarded at 10:45, dropped off our carry ons in our suite, had lunch between 11 and 12, and arrived at muster just after noon.

So, don't count on it taking just a couple of minutes.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I would suggest just the opposite.  There are no lines get it done, after you eat there will be this and then there will be that and then they will be begging for the people who waited to get it done.  It is clear that Carnival wants it this way as well.  The last 5 cruises we were directed to muster.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

They checked us in, and asked us to have a seat.  They waited until about 30 people were there before doing the demonstration on how to put on a life jacket.  The demonstration took over 5 minutes.  Then we had to wait for them to give us the green wristband (for kids 11 and under).

There were a few people waiting when we got there, and they said they had been waiting for a bit before we arrived.

We had boarded at 10:45, dropped off our carry ons in our suite, had lunch between 11 and 12, and arrived at muster just after noon.

If everyone went right to their muster station it wouldn't have taken but a minute or two to fill the 30 seats. 😎

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I have done the new procedure more than a dozen times since it was implemented, and it has never taken more than 5 minutes. I think I speak from a place of experience when I say that your experience was the exception and not the rule. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, chellencrette said:

Is the madatory muster where all passengers had to go to their designated area on the ship been changed to a "self-mustering" via the Carnival Hub App and a safety video once you board the ship?

Agree with others to do as soon as you board. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

IMHO they shouldn't let anyone buy drinks until your muster is complete. That would solve that problem! :classic_cool:

You are allowed to buy one drink before muster is complete. Then no more until it's done. That is what we've been told. Do they actually have a way of telling? I don't know, but I suspect most people take them at their word.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

You are allowed to buy one drink before muster is complete. Then no more until it's done. That is what we've been told. Do they actually have a way of telling? I don't know, but I suspect most people take them at their word.

They do have a way of knowing.  On our first cruise since the rule change we didn't know at the time about the new rule so we got a drink when we first boarded.  When we tried to get a 2nd drink they told us we had to do muster before we could order another drink.

Now we just go straight to muster as soon as we board.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, vacruisin said:

They do have a way of knowing.  On our first cruise since the rule change we didn't know at the time about the new rule so we got a drink when we first boarded.  When we tried to get a 2nd drink they told us we had to do muster before we could order another drink.

Now we just go straight to muster as soon as we board.  

Good info to have, thanks!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Not a bad idea at all! Maybe tag it on the S&S card that you attended, and if you try to purchase a drink and haven't yet attended, they can turn you away until you do. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2023 at 11:56 AM, Haljo1935 said:

Whichever order, just please do it so we can all leave w/o the annoying special announcements to those who didn't. 🥺

You mean the announcement an hour before sail away that 10% still had not checked in and then 15 minutes later still at 5%.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MMfan14 said:

Refresh my memory....do you need your S&S card at the muster drill?

I had my S&S card and it was scanned.  I have never had to wait for others more than 5 minutes or less to watch the putting on the lifejacket, which took less than 2 minutes.  I have been on 9 cruises since Restart.  I like the way muster is done currently👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1