Are Celebrity cost cutting and penny pinching there faithful customers off the ship?

chromered7

29 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You’re right.  Some of them can ask mom and dad for money.

I was not a business major,  but is not Celebrity's plan to market to the younger generation who are getting money from their parents a house of cards?

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I was not a business major,  but is not Celebrity's plan to market to the younger generation who are getting money from their parents a house of cards?

Where did you learn that was Celebrity’s plan?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Where did you learn that was Celebrity’s plan?

Every marketing brochure I have seen has much younger (and better looking 🙂) people on it than the average Celebrity cruiser.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/9/2023 at 5:34 PM, calicakes said:

What happened on Eclipse?  We're on in October, Mexican Riviera. 

Sadly, I prefer not to go into further detail here, due to the naysayers, etc...

It's ok with me if others (not saying you, particularly) don't trust my opinion because I won't go into detail. There are plenty of other accounts mirroring what we encountered, and plenty of other people stating they are moving on from Celebrity for similar reasons to ours.

It's also ok if Celebrity doesn't care to have us back, or won't notice we are not there. When the loyalty we have given is no longer returned, we know where we stand.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlackLion 213 said:

Sadly, I prefer not to go into further detail here, due to the naysayers, etc...

It's ok with me if others (not saying you, particularly) don't trust my opinion because I won't go into detail. There are plenty of other accounts mirroring what we encountered, and plenty of other people stating they are moving on from Celebrity for similar reasons to ours.

It's also ok if Celebrity doesn't care to have us back, or won't notice we are not there. When the loyalty we have given is no longer returned, we know where we stand.

Why post originally then if you won’t go in to detail? As an aside Celebrity won’t miss any of us, we are numbers to them as is the case with every similar company. Such is life.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BlackLion 213 said:

It was a decision made after my original post. Sorry if that bothers you.

Eh? Doesn’t bother me in the slightest, will leave it there. Hope that’s ok with you?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlackLion 213 said:

It was a decision made after my original post. Sorry if that bothers you.

As someone who has vlogged almost all our Celebrity cruises, I understand the naysayers. You know what they say, Opinions are like Buttholes, every one has one.  

I take all reviews with a grain of salt, then I report back.  I've spoken numerous times about how horrible I find the cakes on Celebrity.  I've had people disagree with me. It doesn't bother me, I stand by my opinions.  Please don't be afraid to share yours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Every marketing brochure I have seen has much younger (and better looking 🙂) people on it than the average Celebrity cruiser.

has always been that way..  they were never us!

Remember MARCO POLO?

or X the Rules?

• Like 2

On 6/27/2023 at 9:39 PM, BlackLion 213 said:

[….]

When things go well, most accept it as "expected" and move on, never to share that things went well. You will get the occasional positive posts, or posts about above & beyond, but few and far between.

The moment something goes awry, however, everyone wants to gripe, tell the world, and hope that everyone will feel sorry for them and stroke their delicate ego. I do appreciate those that have been on the same sailings and come along to say, "We didn't experience that..."

Makes me wonder!

Above is from a different thread from @BlackLion 213, who probably labels me as a naysayer as per previous post.

And:

On 7/12/2023 at 9:08 PM, BlackLion 213 said:

@kwagmyre

Really kind of frustrating to have someone whine and complain about the posts here on CC, look for assurances, or otherwise, from the fine folks here, and then not even have the courtesy to return and post ANY thoughts or comments, good, bad, or indifferent...

So, to contribute to CC; how bad exactly was your cruise to be called terrible? Sure must be worth to share..from what it sounds it is about a decline in service or standard. But is that terrible? That is what I am questioning.

And that relates to this thread: is X pushing their loyal guests off ship?

Whilst there are changes, costs cut, there still is this ship full of people serving you with a smile. We can’t control everything, if change is needed to keep the fleet going so it is, we have to roll with it right? The MDR menu is smaller yes, we noticed that this week on Reflection too. Had a great suite experience on the Edge including MDR visits for their daily menus last year. Would I hesitate to book Celebrity? No, but probably as we are exactly that younger demographic they are aiming for.. and yes on our own hard earned money. :classic_laugh:

Airline fares are higher than ever, with less to offer. Will that keep us from flying too?

I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for in a cruiseline, if it is Celebrity alike and has to offer extremely lots of value for money please report back here for all of us. :classic_happy:

11 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Above is from a different thread from @BlackLion 213, who probably labels me as a naysayer as per previous post.

And:

So, to contribute to CC; how bad exactly was your cruise to be called terrible? Sure must be worth to share..from what it sounds it is about a decline in service or standard. But is that terrible? That is what I am questioning.

And that relates to this thread: is X pushing their loyal guests off ship?

Whilst there are changes, costs cut, there still is this ship full of people serving you with a smile. We can’t control everything, if change is needed to keep the fleet going so it is, we have to roll with it right? The MDR menu is smaller yes, we noticed that this week on Reflection too. Had a great suite experience on the Edge including MDR visits for their daily menus last year. Would I hesitate to book Celebrity? No, but probably as we are exactly that younger demographic they are aiming for.. and yes on our own hard earned money. :classic_laugh:

Airline fares are higher than ever, with less to offer. Will that keep us from flying too?

I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for in a cruiseline, if it is Celebrity alike and has to offer extremely lots of value for money please report back here for all of us. :classic_happy:

I’m not sure what you are telling us in this post.  🤔  if you are telling us you still like Celebrity, that’s great, you can have my spot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I’m not sure what you are telling us in this post.  🤔  if you are telling us you still like Celebrity, that’s great, you can have my spot.

I am curious how someone can label their experience as terrible, given the fact that they state that in this thread. Which some us informed about. Pretty on topic. Poster demands that himself from others in a different thread.

For me: I am quite happy with X, as I am happy with my local gas station despite higher prices they still provide what I need.. Things may have been better in the past but you can’t keep living in the past either. Or you can start your own cruise line of course. :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

We joke that they just go out to South Beach and get some "models". Same with Virgin!

On 8/12/2023 at 5:23 PM, calicakes said:

As someone who has vlogged almost all our Celebrity cruises, I understand the naysayers. You know what they say, Opinions are like Buttholes, every one has one.  

I take all reviews with a grain of salt, then I report back.  I've spoken numerous times about how horrible I find the cakes on Celebrity.  I've had people disagree with me. It doesn't bother me, I stand by my opinions.  Please don't be afraid to share yours. 

This I can wholeheartedly agree with. Were you able to find any cakes or desserts you like? I always fall for the presentation but the flavor is so no nonexistent to me, though I do understand it may be a cultural thing… where they’re not as sweet, or very subtle?

10 minutes ago, numnums said:

This I can wholeheartedly agree with. Were you able to find any cakes or desserts you like? I always fall for the presentation but the flavor is so no nonexistent to me, though I do understand it may be a cultural thing… where they’re not as sweet, or very subtle?

I am a baker( attended culinary school) so no, I didn't find anything I like.  My "dessert" of choice is a scoop of vanilla ice cream and coke zero( float)  I might have a bite of bread pudding.  The cakes are overly gelatinized.  No taste.  

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I am a baker( attended culinary school) so no, I didn't find anything I like.  My "dessert" of choice is a scoop of vanilla ice cream and coke zero( float)  I might have a bite of bread pudding.  The cakes are overly gelatinized.  No taste.  

Thank you for contributing.  Presuming the RCCL executive chef approved recipies /food service supplier mixes are intentionally selecting gelatinized day glo desserts, what do you think the rationale is other than Instagram?  We've noticed some of the breads and croissants are decent (bistro on Edge or the once a cruise Eden), but never sure if that is intentional or a nice mistake considering intentional cutbacks.