Canadian flights Ottawa to Fll or Mia

PatandStu

I live in Montreal and am sailing from Miami in Oct. We booked great flights, non stop weeks ago, paid $900 each return, crazy.  Just a few days later AC emailed us to say that the non stop were no longer available and had re-booked us on crummy non-stop later in the day, arriving around 10pm or so, day before sailing.  We called immediately and ended up leaving really early in the morning through Toronto then to Miami, return Miami, Newark, Montreal.  Those flights were about $1100 but they agreed to hold the original crazy price.  We were thrilled but hopefully all will go well with connections etc.  Let’s face it we are at their mercy.  Technically we could drive to Plattsburgh or Burlington, VT, but didn’t want to do that.  Good luck,

1 hour ago, cds2423 said:

I live in Montreal and am sailing from Miami in Oct. We booked great flights, non stop weeks ago, paid $900 each return, crazy.  Just a few days later AC emailed us to say that the non stop were no longer available and had re-booked us on crummy non-stop later in the day, arriving around 10pm or so, day before sailing.  We called immediately and ended up leaving really early in the morning through Toronto then to Miami, return Miami, Newark, Montreal.  Those flights were about $1100 but they agreed to hold the original crazy price.  We were thrilled but hopefully all will go well with connections etc.  Let’s face it we are at their mercy.  Technically we could drive to Plattsburgh or Burlington, VT, but didn’t want to do that.  Good luck,

You  do not usually pay  more  when they change the flights

They changed ours  twice on the outbound I was flying from London On to YUL  nonstop   then connecting in YYZ

2nd  change  I cancelled  & booked with  Porter  YYZ to YUL

They changed the inbound  from MIA  to something that would  take  too long to get us home same day

I changed to FLL  on Rouge  

a few weeks later  they changed that as well  cancelled

so now  we are doing  MIA to YYZ

will just have to drive   to Pearson & park there  instead of the closer airport

fingers crossed  no more changes

It is  just crazy

2 hours ago, cmich068 said:

Saw an unconfirmed rumour yesterday that Porter will soon be announcing non-stop flights from YOW to both FLL and MCO, to start this fall. 

Something to watch for!

Definitely keep us all in the loop if they do make the announcement. We've flown out of YOW a few times when our usual YUL doesn't work, much simpler solution for us love the cheap parking ;o) If flying Porter means not having to endure AC Rouge in the winter months from YUL, we're on it.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 11:59 AM, cmich068 said:

Saw an unconfirmed rumour yesterday that Porter will soon be announcing non-stop flights from YOW to both FLL and MCO, to start this fall. 

Something to watch for!

Porter really seems to be filling in for absentee WestJet in the east.  A new Porter hanger for their E-jets is being built at YOW and I can now fly to the west coast from YOW on Porter.  Never had a bad experience with Porter.  Now, if they only offered premium or business class seating for Transcon flights ...

4 hours ago, cmich068 said:

Official now

YOW-MCO starts Nov 21

YOW-FLL starts Nov 30

According to their website, you can book a flight to FLL for as early as tomorrow:

Screenshot2023-08-24at6_25_33PM.thumb.png.3c90f773354afa3521841bfc993c5561.png

It looks like Orlando flights start September 1.

8 hours ago, Fouremco said:

According to their website, you can book a flight to FLL for as early as tomorrow:

Convenient for sure but if you try booking with Aeroplan points, they're asking for a lot more than the usual selection(s).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Screenshot2023-08-24at6_25_33PM.thumb.png.3c90f773354afa3521841bfc993c5561.png

It looks like Orlando flights start September 1.

Those are codeshares with JetBlue with multiple long connections, etc 

The non-stop flights begin operating on the dates I listed 

21 hours ago, cmich068 said:

Official now

YOW-MCO starts Nov 21

YOW-FLL starts Nov 30

3 hours ago, cmich068 said:

Those are codeshares with JetBlue with multiple long connections, etc 

The non-stop flights begin operating on the dates I listed 

Ah, non-stop flights. That definitely makes a difference. 

• Like 1

I was going to talk about the Porter flights to the US but someone beat me to it.  Porter has started turning Ottawa into a real hub for themselves

Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, New York, Boston, Halifax, Charlottetown, Fredericton, Thunder bay, Edmonton, Vancouver.  Plus the maintenance hangars here.  Since they couldn't fly the new jets out of Billy Bishop they seem to have now found their second home base.

Edited by mrell345
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

I was going to talk about the Porter flights to the US but someone beat me to it.  Porter has started turning Ottawa into a real hub for themselves

Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, New York, Boston, Halifax, Charlottetown, Fredericton, Thunder bay, Edmonton, Vancouver.  Plus the maintenance hangars here.  Since they couldn't fly the new jets out of Billy Bishop they seem to have now found their second home base.

I thought the new terminal in Montreal airport would be one of their hubs

https://onemileatatime.com/news/montreal-saint-hubert-airport-terminal-porter/#:~:text=Porter expanding to a second Montreal Airport&text=Construction on the new terminal,over four million passengers annually.

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Keep in mind that the new Porter terminal is at YHU, St Hubert airport, south of Montreal island and not a very practical option for anyone not living on Montreal's "south shore". It's a 50Km drive from YUL.

18 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Keep in mind that the new Porter terminal is at YHU, St Hubert airport, south of Montreal island and not a very practical option for anyone not living on Montreal's "south shore". It's a 50Km drive from YUL.

You think Billy Bishop is practical! 
my daughter was catching a flight on Thursday , it took the Porter shuttle a hour to drive 3.1 km

from union station

IMG_5902.thumb.png.99c0c4fed7b0413cec47d854caa18b78.png

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

my daughter was catching a flight on Thursday , it took the Porter shuttle a hour to drive 3.1 km

from union station

IMG_5902.thumb.png.99c0c4fed7b0413cec47d854caa18b78.png

Never flown in or out of it, so can't say, I've always "used" Pearson.  Heck, for three Km I'd have simply walked it ;o)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

from union station

Must be construction season 😉

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Better than Mirabel and you have the EXO/AMT station right there

Edited by mrell345

• 1 month later...

We are going on a nov 21 cruise  and would have loved to fly porter but they started a day too late for us. We ended up booking American from Toronto as that was the cheapest. We are flying to Miami even though our cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale because the prices to Fll were nuts. I get an alert frequently for a west jet flight to Fll and it is fluctuating between $2700 and $3000 for 2 people not including luggage and seat. Crazy!

4 hours ago, SRch said:

We are going on a nov 21 cruise  and would have loved to fly porter but they started a day too late for us. We ended up booking American from Toronto as that was the cheapest. We are flying to Miami even though our cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale because the prices to Fll were nuts. I get an alert frequently for a west jet flight to Fll and it is fluctuating between $2700 and $3000 for 2 people not including luggage and seat. Crazy!

That IS crazy. WJ really doesn't want to deal with Eastern Canada, does it?

12 hours ago, SRch said:

Seems kinda high.  Air Canada is quoting YYZ/FLL round trips for that 

general period of time in the $1,000 range for comfort class.

Edited by d9704011

• 2 months later...

That flight finally departed at 17:45, late as usual. These screen shots give a very depressing on-time performance summary for those of us booked on this particular flight. Hopefully things will improve by time we fly in January.

Screenshot2023-12-19at6_54_44PM.thumb.png.583294bb86087a9acd49c61fff585a3b.pngScreenshot2023-12-19at6_55_33PM.thumb.png.1e149a5a04a58a924abe0515f6b5b1bf.pngScreenshot2023-12-19at6_55_51PM.thumb.png.04038fe0dcdf2b974f9bd0044b109fce.png