Tracking Drink Prices

Hubby and I purchased the deluxe drink package. Did the math and the whole bit to see if it'll be worth it in the end. Obviously it was a "how much do we THINK we'll drink per day" and while we MAY lose some money, we figured having to NOT pay after E V E R Y drink was worth it to us!

It got me thinking, how will we KNOW if it was a huge waste of money or not. So, I'm wondering, is there a way to keep track of how much we spend on our drinks? Maybe something in the RCCL app or something that exists out there? I realize we will have to remember to actually enter the data but, I just want to see if anyone has actually kept track this way?

3 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

Hubby and I purchased the deluxe drink package. Did the math and the whole bit to see if it'll be worth it in the end. Obviously it was a "how much do we THINK we'll drink per day" and while we MAY lose some money, we figured having to NOT pay after E V E R Y drink was worth it to us!

It got me thinking, how will we KNOW if it was a huge waste of money or not. So, I'm wondering, is there a way to keep track of how much we spend on our drinks? Maybe something in the RCCL app or something that exists out there? I realize we will have to remember to actually enter the data but, I just want to see if anyone has actually kept track this way?

Your post drives me to drinking. Way to much thinking. 🍻🤣

Edited by doghog

take a permanent ink marker, put a dot on your arm for drinks around $4 (sodas), check mark on your arm for drinks around $9, an "X" on your arm for drinks around $14. Tally at the end of each day, use an alcohol wipe to remove tally, start again the next day. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruisingLover said:

It's the water bottles, specialty coffees and OJ every morning that are hard to keep track of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingLover said:

Maybe something in the RCCL app or something that exists out there?

Yes (the app will list the drinks), but usually you don't need to go that detailed - as long you drank on average at least 5 alcoholic drinks per day, you are likely ahead, financially.

• Like 2

You can look on the app, go to "account" and see every time you ordered a drink. There will be a $0 charge next to the name of the bar you ordered from. It will not tell you the name of the drink, or what the cost would have been if you didn't have the drink package. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

If you track it, it most likely will not be an accurate reflection of the purchase as it will probably 'sway' a decision to either drink more to make the math come out to your favor.... or.... it'll slow you down when you realize how much you're drinking. My calculations are always based on the number of sea days vs port days. Or how often I plan to be away from the ship. 

On the last night, go to your online account on the tv.  It'll have all the charges you made with the venue where it was made.  On the left side there will be a number saying what charge it is.  I took that last number and subtracted a few that were water and divided that by how many days the cruise was.  Be careful, because if you are big drinkers like me, you might feel sad knowing how much you really drank. lol     

I generally always came out about double on sea days and maybe one port day I didn’t do as much off ship. The other port days I’ll break even. Sometimes the last day would be a break even day too. I’m usually worried about the early morning the next day.