No Green lane in Australia

Oh, and this afternoon my 'ticked box' for the medallion has become 'unticked'!! When I did a bit more digging my order for the 'free' lanyard and 'medallion device' is still showing as ordered. I'm not even going to bother looking any further into this, with all the changes I just don't have the energy to worry about it.  I'll wait until we get to the check in desk at Sydney next year.

Vicki 🙂 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Oh, and this afternoon my 'ticked box' for the medallion has become 'unticked'!! When I did a bit more digging my order for the 'free' lanyard and 'medallion device' is still showing as ordered. I'm not even going to bother looking any further into this, with all the changes I just don't have the energy to worry about it.  I'll wait until we get to the check in desk at Sydney next year.

Vicki 🙂 

I noticed that, too on my app today. I'm also not going to worry about fixing the app up especially if things are going to change themselves from one day to the next. The staff checking us in will do it quickly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wanderers2 said:

It will be a very quiet green lane for Australian & New Zealand departures as I would think about 90% of the passengers would be Aussie & Kiwi

I've been on six Princess cruises out of Australia and NZ since cruising restarted here, embarking in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, and I never ever saw a green lane sign at any if those ports, just the usual Suite/Elite/Platinum priority lane. I doubt they will create one for the few US passengers who might have green lane status.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've been on six Princess cruises out of Australia and NZ since cruising restarted here, embarking in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, and I never ever saw a green lane sign at any if those ports, just the usual Suite/Elite/Platinum priority lane. I doubt they will create one for the few US passengers who might have green lane status.

This is the new system that has come in with the latest enhancements. Only started in August. 
supposedly they will eventually post medallions worldwide 

Edited by Wanderers2

11 hours ago, Wanderers2 said:

This is the new system that has come in with the latest enhancements. Only started in August. 

It will depend on how they manage it.

There was a Green lane, a blue lane & a yellow lane on the app for the past year too, but no separate lanes to the check-in counter, at least in Australia.

Sometime early this year, in Sydney at least, they decided to start issuing medallions prior to check-in, as that made the check-in step quicker. Even those with medallions from the US were being funneled to the medallion desk, as there was only one lane. It makes sense to split into two lanes, but I don't know if they will bother. Until Coral returns next month, we won't know if there are any physical changes to how check-in will operate.

It would be nice if they would mail the medallions in Australia, but I doubt that will happen as it is easier for them to program and sort them on the ship, then deliver them into the terminal on embarkation morning - the same as it has long been for cruise cards. If anything, I think it is more likely that they will do away with posting them in the US.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Wanderers2 said:

Yes, I realize that but as people in AUS/NZ don't get medallions sent to them at present I doubt they'll start having Green Lanes at ports just for US passengers when they never bother having them under the previous system.

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Sometime early this year, in Sydney at least, they decided to start issuing medallions prior to check-in, as that made the check-in step quicker. Even those with medallions from the US were being funneled to the medallion desk, as there was only one lane. It makes sense to split into two lanes, but I don't know if they will bother. Until Coral returns next month, we won't know if there are any physical changes to how check-in will operate.

It would be nice if they would mail the medallions in Australia, but I doubt that will happen as it is easier for them to program and sort them on the ship, then deliver them into the terminal on embarkation morning - the same as it has long been for cruise cards. If anything, I think it is more likely that they will do away with posting them in the US.

They did for one of the cruises we did last year from the OPT. It gave the feeling of being more efficient than the other way around but, in reality, probably just shifted the queue to a different place. Although once you get your medallion they could scan that and see whether you need further check-in processing or not. 

I'm not sure I trust Australia Post to deliver the medallions on time. I had a parcel, sent express post, that took 8.5 months to get delivered! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm not sure I trust Australia Post to deliver the medallions on time. I had a parcel, sent express post, that took 8.5 months to get delivered! 

Same here for NZ Post - they don't call it snail mail for nothing 🐌 !

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

21 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Same here for NZ Post - they don't call it snail mail for nothing 🐌 !

All bills and charity solicitations arrive promptly!! 🙂 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wanderers2 said:

Actually at the Sydney OPT there really isn't room for multiple lanes

Of course there is…….however the the new check in systems are fast enough that they do not need “ priority” lines.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Of course there is…….however the the new check in systems are fast enough that they do not need “ priority” lines.

I suppose it depends on the ship & the time. Last November when we boarded the Majestic the queue for non priority boarding was all the way back to the Museum of Contemporary Art. Luckily we had the priority boarding so just walked through. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wanderers2 said:

I suppose it depends on the ship & the time. Last November when we boarded the Majestic the queue for non priority boarding was all the way back to the Museum of Contemporary Art. Luckily we had the priority boarding so just walked through. 

The queues were more likely because of covid proticols rather  than anything else at that time.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

The queues were more likely because of covid proticols rather  than anything else at that time.

That could be right. We had all our docs & test results, were green lane on the app & were on in about 20 mins

Edited by Wanderers2
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 11:26 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Anything that fits an Apple Airtag fits the medallion. We use these which we can clip on bags or belt loops. Bought through Amazon Australia.

Screenshot_20220810-132602_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.a3adf94e1c8314eaae75c6b619358193.jpg

Thanks, that’s handy to know if we eve4 get to go again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I will be very interested in the protocols for Aussie cruises for this coming summer. The first will be when the coral gets back from the world cruise I guess 🤔

1 hour ago, Wanderers2 said:

I will be very interested in the protocols for Aussie cruises for this coming summer. The first will be when the coral gets back from the world cruise I guess 🤔

The rest of the world all you need is proof of vaccination…. but we are talking about Australia I guess.🤔

14 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I would make a line just for you mate 👍

Unfortunately even a trip to Sydney is pretty much beyond me now.

A few years ago I said no more Sydney and back in one day, now just getting to Sydney means a few days there to recover before I can do anything.

So checking me in looks to be one of life’s little pleasures denied to you.