Alilaguna?

Gps47298

Has anyone purchased a ticket/voucher from Alilaguna prior to arriving at the airport? I was on their website and says you're purchasing a Voucher which you have to change to a ticket. Is it worth it to buy the voucher prior to our arrival or wait until we get there?

How far is the arancia water bus from the airport, and what is the best way to get to it?

Thank you in advance

Guy

Yes, it's 11 euro more per person vs. the Alilaguna but in the scheme of things, especially if you are arriving after an overnight flight, it's a pretty small investment in greater speed, convenience and comfort.

Depending on when you arrive, you could wait up to an hour for the next Alilaguna boat.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

Depending on when you arrive, you could wait up to an hour for the next Alilaguna boat.

In the evening, the intervals are one hour.

And it is a very long walk of 10 mins from the terminal to the Alilaguna pier. We bought the tickets right there.

• Like 1

I was bored, I made a video of the walk.  I edited out a LOT of the walking but it's basically 10ish minutes of the same.  My water taxi driver found the cart for me, and he loaded/unloaded my bags.  IMO even though it isn't cheap (and there may also be a charge for extra bags) it's worth the money. Plus you get to see a lot of stuff from the water!

LOL, enjoyed the video.  That's SO much easier than it used to be.  I haven't made that walk since they built the walkway, it used to be all outdoors on (mostly) sidewalks.  That was a lot of fun with a tired, crabby 80-something year old in tow, in the winter.

1 hour ago, redwings1958 said:

NO!! Water taxis are SUPER EXPENSIVE;  Alliguana is only 30e pp R/T

I think you need to read this thread. I think you might revise your thoughts. Sometimes there is good value in something a bit more expensive, specially if it gets your group right to the destination faster, with no stops, and they help with bags, etc:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I think you need to read this thread. I think you might revise your thoughts. Sometimes there is good value in something a bit more expensive, specially if it gets your group right to the destination faster, with no stops, and they help with bags, etc:

This is true.  We were only a party of 2 and a larger group especially with older people might be better