How is Muster Drill being handled these days?

AllisonJames

Saw an article on many cruise lines who are handling muster drill via a video on their app…to be more efficient and avoid starting the cruise with everyone crammed into a small space in an attempt to keep everyone healthier. Considering the difficulties using the AZ website and online booking, I am not hopeful that AZ is doing it that way (RCCL is however) so I was just wondering how it is being handled by AZ now?

In March on Journey, we had the full drill with all passengers attending at the same time. In July on Pursuit, we had small groups in the muster stations upon embarkation for the life jacket demonstration and the video playing in the cabin.

We were on Azamara June/July this year (3 b2bs) but because we had to move rooms we had to go twice to the muster drill.  We moved room because there was an issue with ours that they could not fix in two days.  They eventually fixed it.  Anyhow in June on the Onward the muster drill was done with everyone attending at one time in the dining room or theater.  On the Onward in July a few passenger sat a time in each designated muster station (dining room or theater).  I have no idea why it changed but we prefer a few passengers at a time. 

It does seem to be ship specific. When we were on the Journey in June, the muster required us all to report to our muster stations A/B en masse before sailing. We got off the Pursuit yesterday in Oslo and when we boarded in Dublin at the end of July, we were played a video in the cabaret lounge in small groups after we had completed check-in in the cabaret lounge, regardless of muster station. I much prefer the Pursuit approach and hope they standardize this way.

• Like 2

Excuse me if this is a novice repeat question!

Recently returned from an AZ cruise and booked another in Apr 24 while on board.

They did notify out TA.  

Should that cruise show on our AZ website login now or do we have to wait until we pay full invoice later in the year?

Just now, sheascan said:

Excuse me if this is a novice repeat question!

Recently returned from an AZ cruise and booked another in Apr 24 while on board.

They did notify out TA.  

Should that cruise show on our AZ website login now or do we have to wait until we pay full invoice later in the year?

Should show now. 

• 3 weeks later...