Princess changed what was in our trip summery.

Parrottdizes

We have a pre cruise package and for months everything was correct in the trip summery. In the summery it started:

Transfers: Airport to hotel

(name of) Hotel

Transfers: Hotel to ship

I recently looked my trip summery and that has changed to:

Transfers: Airport to ship

(name of) Hotel

Transfers: Airport to ship

WTH, I don't need to go to the ship the day before the cruise and I don't need to go back to the airport on the day of the cruise. Why would they change something that was correct to something that is not correct and without our permission. Will be seeing my TA in a few weeks on another matter, so we can call Princess at that time. What I fear is, is that the customer services people won't know what we are talking about and will make things worse. 

Anyone else have this happen to you?

P.S. I do have a printout of the (old) correct trip summery.

14 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I suspect this is simply *another* programming glitch by Princess IT.  I personally would call (or chat) just for peace of mind. 

I disagree, I would not call or chat, as they have no clue.

I’d contact my TA and let them sort it out.  TA books the transfers, so they should be able to help.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’d contact my TA and let them sort it out.  TA books the transfers, so they should be able to help.

I will be seeing my TA in a few weeks and will bring the matter up to him. We booked through this TA and we know that it is he that will have to sort this out. 

I am just clueless as to why Princess would change something that didn't need to be changed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parrottdizes said:

I will be seeing my TA in a few weeks and will bring the matter up to him. We booked through this TA and we know that it is he that will have to sort this out. 

I am just clueless as to why Princess would change something that didn't need to be changed.

It’s probably not a change at all, just typical Princess booking glitches that get sorted out.  I wouldn’t get too worried about it, but do have your TA confirm your original booking amenities.  So frustrating!

6 minutes ago, Parrottdizes said:

I agree with @Rick&Jeannie that

it probably is an IT issue.  With all the changes going on, the website has been up and down like a yo-yo.  We should all keep an eye on our summary.  

Edited by PacnGoNow

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I tend to forget that many people use a TA...I have only done so one time, so it just does not come to mind when I respond to people.  I'll have to do better!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parrottdizes said:

I wouldn't be waiting weeks to see a TA in person.  I'd be emailing to make sure all is in place.  Like hotel not gone all of a sudden.  Perhaps this isn't the case here, but have read too many laments on here from folks who weren't paying attention or didn't follow up and lost out on something.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I wouldn't be waiting weeks to see a TA in person.  I'd be emailing to make sure all is in place.  Like hotel not gone all of a sudden.  Perhaps this isn't the case here, but have read too many laments on here from folks who weren't paying attention or didn't follow up and lost out on something.

Agreed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The pre-cruise package is still listed in my trip summery and my hotel is still there. The destination of where the transfers are going was changed. It is the transfers that are the problem.....and yes I will have my TA look in this. 

The reason I am waiting a bit is that the flights that I want for a (different) (2024) cruise should be coming out next week. So as soon as the fights are out I will be seeing him and he can take care of everything.

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Forward this to your TA.  They are making money off your reservation.

You shouldn't be worrying on doing the legwork.

I have a good TA and YES, he will take care of it. 

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Absolutely agree. That's why I use a TA,  so they can sort this stuff out. The odds are that if you used a TA,  then Princess will not deal with you anyway.

1 hour ago, Parrottdizes said:

The reason I am waiting a bit is that the flights that I want for a (different) (2024) cruise should be coming out next week. So as soon as the fights are out I will be seeing him and he can take care of everything.

Have you ever tried EZ-Air?  Or TA is booking for you??  

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Have you ever tried EZ-Air?  Or TA is booking for you??  

Yes, we have used EZ-Air and have had pretty good luck with them. (Hope I don't jinx myself)

What I do is check out what flights are scheduled and pick out the ones that work best for us......and also the pricing. My TA tells EZ-Air what fights we want (instead of EZ-Air picking for us) and gets their price (so we can compare what EZ is charging as to what booking direct would be). 

With EZ-Air we have booked one airline going out and a different airline coming home. Another time (through EZ-Air), we booked our pre-cruise flight to Ft. Lauderdale......but after the cruise we were meeting up with family at Disney World........so we booked our homeward bound out of Orlando. If you know what you want to do just tell EZ-Air and they have always worked with us. (So far)

P.S. Our TA knows what seats we like and selects those seats for us too, so that is usually all set before we leave the agency.

On my last cruise in May, every time I changed my EZ-Air when I had a price reduction, the pre cruise transfers would change from Victoria Station (London)/ship to airport/ship.  I would call my TA and they would call Princess each time to correct it.  They advised that it happens with changes to EZ-Air...go figure.  

Edited by shirazcruiser

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

On my last cruise in May, every time I changed my EZ-Air when I had a price reduction, the pre cruise transfers would change from Victoria Station (London)/ship to airport/ship.  I would call my TA and they would call Princess each time to correct it.  They advised that it happens with changes to EZ-Air...go figure.  

Thank you for sharing your experience. However, we haven't made any changes to our flights. But come to think of it, both of our flight times were changed by the airlines by a couple of minutes.

Airlines are notorious for changing flight times and even switching planes, but that hasn't caused any changes in our transfers in the past. As you say......"go figure"

4 hours ago, Parrottdizes said:

instead of EZ-Air picking for us

EZ-Air doesn't pick your flight.  Just like searching for flights on a 3rd party site or with an airline, it shows you available flights for the destinations and dates entered and YOU select the one you want and also class of service.  Depending on airline and class of service booked, you can do seat selection right in EZ-Air.

You can also shop your favorite airline site and see what their prices are, but you will be locked in (unless you buy full-fare tickets).  With EZ-Air you can continue to check prices and re-book if there is a price drop up to 45 day mark or so when Princess tickets it.  You cannot beat that feature.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Parrottdizes said:

With EZ-Air we have booked one airline going out and a different airline coming home. Another time (through EZ-Air), we booked our pre-cruise flight to Ft. Lauderdale......but after the cruise we were meeting up with family at Disney World........so we booked our homeward bound out of Orlando. If you know what you want to do just tell EZ-Air and they have always worked with us. (So far)

Yes - and all good features.  I just don't understand why you aren't doing it yourself.  Not sure why TA has not encouraged this as they make zilch from booking airfare.