Mark Forum As Read - does not work here?

Don't know where else to put this.

All other areas of CC that I frequent removes the bold font on the main forum page when you mark the forum as read, and that bold face comes back only when new activity happens.

On the LGBT forum, this does not seem to be the case - is there a switch you can throw to make this happen on this forum too?

@CDNPolar

Your thread has been moved to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where it will be on topic. Members often forget this forum is here toward the top of the Cruise Critic Community page.

I just clicked the MARK FORUM AS READ feature on the LGBTQIA+ Cruisers forum and it worked for me.

If you are still having problems, please email CC Help Michell, Community Support Assistant, at help@cruisecritic.com. Please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address is NOT correct and needs to be changed BEFORE you send your email, click here: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

I hope this will be helpful! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

When I left click mark forum as read, it changes all in the forum to read but the forum name in the main listing remains BOLDED even with no new activity.  

in all other forums the name of the forum in the main listing only BOLDS again when new activity.  

so many times I enter the LGBT forum because it is BOLDED and there is no new activity.  

Actually, sometimes I have the opposite problem.  I go into a forum and a few topics are booked, but the rest of the page is not, although some topics are new, others with replies only a few minutes old.  And sometimes when I go to the second page, the entire page is as if I’m not signed in.  EM

6 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

When I left click mark forum as read, it changes all in the forum to read but the forum name in the main listing remains BOLDED even with no new activity.  

in all other forums the name of the forum in the main listing only BOLDS again when new activity.  

so many times I enter the LGBT forum because it is BOLDED and there is no new activity.  

Do you only work in a single browse tab?

No.  Every other forum on CC works for me with mark all read. Only this one does not.  I am quite online literate and understand how these things work or should work.  Every other forum only bolds again when new content is posted.  This forum constantly remains BOLDED when no new content is posted.  

2 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

No.  Every other forum on CC works for me with mark all read. Only this one does not.  I am quite online literate and understand how these things work or should work.  Every other forum only bolds again when new content is posted.  This forum constantly remains BOLDED when no new content is posted.  

@CDNPolar

As mentioned above, please email CC Help Michell, Community Support Assistant, at help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record. Include information such as your device & browser as well as screen shots. 

On 8/16/2023 at 5:55 AM, CDNPolar said:

My guess is that this is because the LGBTQIA+ Cruisers forum also has a sub-forum: LGBTQIA+ Roll Calls. In the main forum listing ( https://boards.cruisecritic.com ), the "LGBTQIA+ Cruisers" listing will remain bold until you have marked as read both the LGBTQIA+ Cruisers forum and the LGBTQIA+ Roll Calls sub-forum.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Globaliser said:

My guess is that this is because the LGBTQIA+ Cruisers forum also has a sub-forum: LGBTQIA+ Roll Calls. In the main forum listing ( https://boards.cruisecritic.com ), the "LGBTQIA+ Cruisers" listing will remain bold until you have marked as read both the LGBTQIA+ Cruisers forum and the LGBTQIA+ Roll Calls sub-forum.

@Globaliser

Yep! Just clicked the MARK FORUM AS READ feature on both & now the LGBTQIA+ forum on the Cruise Critic Community list of forums is no longer bold for me. Here is a clip of that area:

image.png.cfe2c3bf32e0b965a549779f386aabb3.png

Thank you for your help & I have missed "seeing" you on this forum!

• Like 1